• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shu's Twitter has been hacked (@yosp)

Audioboxer

tfaobQW.png

Uh oh. Shu pls, security.

They aren't Playstation fans - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210681537&postcount=90

jiggles

Banned
Trying to ransom an account on a platform that literally has the controls for masses of people to report a compromised account.

Smart move.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Why though? Group trying to be not dicks, but it won't work, right? They are dicks for doing it.

So they getting paid with insider info? Advance PS4 Neo? Games? Lawsuits?

Would be a shame if Shu stopped using Twitter because of this. :(

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Missed opportunity to troll the internet by using yosp's account to announce Demon's Souls Remastered.

"We're not an assholes, we just want to show you the flaws in your security!"

These people are always dumb. They aren't doing it for insider info or anything like that though, seen OurMine hack a lot of 'famous' people in the YouTube community.

Lol but why

Assuming their motives are actually what they claim, its a matter of proving their capability versus Twitter's security, demonstrating the latter needs to step it up. Shu's not only a relatively known name within tech circles, but he's also a key member of an international company, so its a target where people of similar interests will pay attention.

Of course, they could also just be a bunch of trolls who just want to embarrass twitter, Shu, and hold the latter's account to hostage even if they claim otherwise.

Why though? Group trying to be not dicks, but it won't work, right? They are dicks for doing it.

So they getting paid with insider info? Advance PS4 Neo? Games? Lawsuits?

Would be a shame if Shu stopped using Twitter because of this. :(
They're probably trying to sell security services. By essentially blackmailing him.

robo

Can't he just get twitter to change the account back to him and ban the other guys. New password etc

Chris1

These people have been hacking a lot of people lately, Fearcrads and a few others were hacked a couple weeks ago I believe. They all got their account back.

I think even Tmartn was hacked and when he got his account back he tweeted out about how cool they were about it
This probably wasn't a good example after the CSGOLotto stuff
. If not Tmartn then someone else but I think it was him.

Top Bottom