• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

Karkador

Banned
xAPaQWl.jpg

Sorian

Banned
What kind of shit ass game of plinko is this? Who does a triangle? Where's the true choice of where to start the drop?

Mod approval obtained for this shit post

Magnum, if you calculate the frequency (in Hz) of the Plinko wave with the initial time being since the minigame began and each move being equal to an arbitrary distance of 1 m, I'll unvote you

Sophia

Current vote tally:

oceanicair (1)
dusk soldier 53

cornbro (0)
*splinter 56 (153)

stanleypalmtree (1)
sawneeks 64

wherearemahdragonz (1)
*splinter 153

karkador (0)
blargonaut 206 (208)

magnumboy20xx (2)
blargonaut 215
karkador 222

Majority is 11.

Day 1 ends in:

blu_1471294800.png

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Magnum, if you calculate the frequency (in Hz) of the Plinko wave with the initial time being since the minigame began and each move being equal to an arbitrary distance of 1 m, I'll unvote you

OK, so speed=frequency×wavelength. That means that frequency=speed÷wavelength. You didn't give me a speed...so I calculated the amount of seconds that we spent playing plinko from the beginning to the end, which ended up being an hour and two minutes or 3720 seconds. Knowing that we took 20 moves, and thus had a a wavelength of 20m, I times that by the 3720 seconds to get a speed of .005376344m/s. Putting both the speed and wavelength into the formula, we see that frequency=.005376344m/s÷20m. Which means that if I did my calculations correctly, the frequency of the plinking wave is .0002688172Hz.

Of course I could have messed up somewhere, possibly in calculating the speed or using the wrong formula but that's the best I got for now.

OK, so speed=frequency×wavelength. That means that frequency=speed÷wavelength. You didn't give me a speed...so I calculated the amount of seconds that we spent playing plinko from the beginning to the end, which ended up being an hour and two minutes or 3720 seconds. Knowing that we took 20 moves, and thus had a a wavelength of 20m, I times that by the 3720 seconds to get a speed of .005376344m/s. Putting both the speed and wavelength into the formula, we see that frequency=.005376344m/s÷20m. Which means that if I did my calculations correctly, the frequency of the plinking wave is .0002688172Hz.

Of course I could have messed up somewhere, possibly in calculating the speed or using the wrong formula but that's the best I got for now.

carpe diem indeed

and hey, I never said you had to get it RIGHT

UNVOTE: MagnumBoy20xx

A for effort

hello hello thank yu everyone it wonderful to be here.
yeah i kinda completely missed that the game had started, woops.

I didnt have anything happen during the night phase, unless i somehow missed that too, but i certainly dont have any pms or anything relating to the night phase.
pretty sure my inclusion in the flavor was just Overlor-Host Sophia wanting to mention InStanity.

Hmmm, there's a couple of faces I haven't played with before...

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree

How are you? How's your day been? What's your favorite game show? What is your opinion on the current hooligans ruining the show?

im good thanks, been a nice relaxing day, followed by a momentary panick over just how much i might have missed. turns out alot but not really anything.

favorite game show? well i doubt you've ever seen it, but a show called 7 days, NZ game show that basically has random teams of notable comedians riffing on current events through a paper thin game show disguise.
I should mention that i have never seen a single episode of the Price is Right. im determined to wear that ignorance proudly.

blarg is being blarg, surprise surprise. Dragonz made a supposed scumtell but im not sold on it. Splinters maybe going overboard on it but eh, what else ya gonna do?
plinko looked fun, shame i missed it.

how are you?

*Splinter

Kark decided to (effectively) RNG a lynch target. Chaos ensued in the process.
It's a lot less random that it looks, with the people on the edges allmost guaranteed to be safe (for example, I was ruled out by the 3rd move).

That's kind of scummy, especially if there happen to be no scum in the middle of the board.

It could also be argued that it gives us a starting point. Will people vote magnum or choose to defend him. The defense is easy ("this game is bullshit") but becomes interesting later if magnum does in fact turn out to be scum. The problem with this is we already have a starting point with both Dusk and Blarg under fire (and a good ol' scum slip from WAMD), so I'm questioning Kark's motivations here.

*Splinter

Question, does everyone think it's important that we know who won the prize?
Probably not important (I don't see the value), and in fact I'm wondering if we want this to be known at all. If these gifts are handing out power roles then that's something we should hide from scum. OTOH as Dusk helpfully pointed out (by stating the exact opposite) we don't know if these gifts give abilities or simply protect the receiver

So in conclusion
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nin1000

Banned
Hello nin. How are things?

First i was confused about the claim that blarg is the actual winner of the Xbox, but since no one else claimed to have won the prize for now i am inclined to believe him. Furthermore this has to be his most well versed way of playing so i am very happ about that ( not saying that he could not be scum but i just want to give him credit for not blowing or minds already). About what info he got while recieving the item. I think Blarg wont reveal a thing and it will be a wasted effort *splinter, we will have to wait and see what it will do. ( you can keep trying though i would love to know what it will do )

Secondly. I dont know what to think about that pachinko thingy. It was/is very fun but i will not put any more thought into it since it was a nice "in between" game that was, In my mind, made up just for the sake of not knowing who to vote. Well done Kark, you made me chuckle while re-reading the thread.

Can you please elaborate once more on the WAMD vote *splinter ?

Probably not important (I don't see the value), and in fact I'm wondering if we want this to be known at all. If these gifts are handing out power roles then that's something we should hide from scum. OTOH as Dusk helpfully pointed out (by stating the exact opposite) we don't know if these gifts give abilities or simply protect the receiver

So in conclusion
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seeing as I also did bid for the item but didn't win, I don't know what's Blarg up to.

Initially I didn't want to say anything so Blarg doesn't have a target on him at night but we don't know what the prizes do. Maybe I'm over-thinking it.

*Splinter

First i was confused about the claim that blarg is the actual winner of the Xbox, but since no one else claimed to have won the prize for now i am inclined to believe him. Furthermore this has to be his most well versed way of playing so i am very happ about that ( not saying that he could not be scum but i just want to give him credit for not blowing or minds already). About what info he got while recieving the item. I think Blarg wont reveal a thing and it will be a wasted effort *splinter, we will have to wait and see what it will do. ( you can keep trying though i would love to know what it will do )

Secondly. I dont know what to think about that pachinko thingy. It was/is very fun but i will not put any more thought into it since it was a nice "in between" game that was, In my mind, made up just for the sake of not knowing who to vote. Well done Kark, you made me chuckle while re-reading the thread.

Can you please elaborate once more on the WAMD vote *splinter ?
She knew about 3 contestants when the rest of us only knew about 2. I'm guessing she knew about a third scum contestant.

Seeing as I also did bid for the item but didn't win, I don't know what's Blarg up to.

Initially I didn't want to say anything so Blarg doesn't have a target on him at night but we don't know what the prizes do. Maybe I'm over-thinking it.
Hold on, you bid as well? That makes 5 contestants?

Are there any more?

nin1000

Banned
Looking again at the opening Post it mentions the following names :

The contestants begin to look around in their seats, and the muttering begins. Kawl looked down at Blargonaut, who seemed deattached from this world as he quoted lovely, if bizarre, poems. *Splinter started glancing everyone a dirty look. Stanley grinned, taking almost joy in the instanity. Nobody had paid attention during the commotion, so nobody was certain... but at least one of them was actively trying to ruin the show.

So did i make the same mistake *splinter by counting 4 players ?

Kyanrute

Re: Dusk Soldier.

1. Dusk is scum and wants to get rid of the apparent winner because he either knows the Xbox is bad for the scum team of Sony fanboys or he is guessing this to be the case.
2. Dusk is town and spells out one of the many possible options (50/50) about Blarg and the price. There should be scum or two throwing shade at Dusk for free #townpoints.

I'm leaning 2 because Dusk's 50/50 makes sense, although it is impossible to prove it correct. Dusk also mentions that it would be very strange indeed for scum to push a lynch this early. The shade-throwers should be looked at after we get few days of votes and whatnot behind us.

Top Bottom