• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

Blarg, is the Xbox a good thing in your opinion?

Well, since its debut in the early '00s, it's fostered an extra bit of healthy competition in the previously rather Sony- and Nintendo-dominated console market, so I'd say yes, variety is always a good thing

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
OK, let's get started.

So blarg has the Xbox...I think?

We haven't heard from the other contestants yet, but I'm more inclined to believe that blarg is telling the truth since lying about getting an item would just lead to a thunderdome situation. I am curious though...how important are the items in this game? Are they just helpful tools for scum hunting, or could they possibly be the replacement for the traditional power roles?

I might be over thinking this but since items are integral to the price is right, I think they might be the same for this game.

OK, let's get started.

So blarg has the Xbox...I think?

We haven't heard from the other contestants yet, but I'm more inclined to believe that blarg is telling the truth since lying about getting an item would just lead to a thunderdome situation. I am curious though...how important are the items in this game? Are they just helpful tools for scum hunting, or could they possibly be the replacement for the traditional power roles?

I might be over thinking this but since items are integral to the price is right, I think they might be the same for this game.

Splinter says he wasn't a contestant.

Kyanrute

Well, since its debut in the early '00s, it's fostered an extra bit of healthy competition in the previously rather Sony- and Nintendo-dominated console market, so I'd say yes, variety is always a good thing

Diversity is good, I'd agree.

If all the prizes are useful, even somewhat, that should tone down the power roles somewhat I feel.

How many contestants bid for the item in the real show?

According to Wiki:

"At the beginning of the show, four contestants are called from the audience by the announcer to take a spot on the front row behind bidding podiums, which are embedded at the front edge of the stage. This area is known as "Contestants' Row."

Ynnek7

Pure speculation at this point, but what if the items turn out to be some sort of immunity. Like, you won the bidding war, played your game, and get to move on to spinning the wheel later if the game makes it that far?

If Blarg did win. Blarg should be the person on stage and the rest were dismissed.

And four more of us will be called during the night phase, I guess?

Well damn I guess going with 2$ was a bit played out.

Are you confirming that you played for the Xbox with Blarg? And your bid was $2?

If Blarg did win. Blarg should be the person on stage and the rest were dismissed.

And four more of us will be called during the night phase, I guess?

Are you confirming that you played for the Xbox with Blarg? And your bid was $2?

If it's like the show, then only one of us will be called and the three who have already bid will stay.

Karkador

Banned
Blarg's post suggested that he knew a player who gave him the prize. It also suggests the Xbox was simply given to him, not won via blind auction.

Why immunity? Seems like it could be any kind of power?
Scum team is going to target power roles, he just made himself their number one target.

He either has some sort of immunity protecting him from being NK, or he's part of the scum team and knows he doesn't have to worry about it.

Kawl_USC

Scum team is going to target power roles, he just made himself their number one target.

He either has some sort of immunity protecting him from being NK, or he's part of the scum team and knows he doesn't have to worry about it.

That's a little reductionist for my taste.

If anything the only one painting a huge target on him is you

Day one paranoia is real

Kawl_USC

Don't over think this.

I know you guys want to consider all options and everything, but Blarg has a 50/50 chance of flipping scum.

It's day one, let's not waste it on an inactive as per usual gafia tradition.

It's not over thinking it. It's the realities of dealing with blarg.

Don't under think blarg

Ynnek7

I got some time before dinner, so I'll say that I bid 399 last night.

If this is true, then we can assume the flavor wasn't referring to those chosen to bid last night. Do we have a solid confirmation on who did bid then (and who may have given the prize away).

I'll say that I did not play in any pricing game last night.

Karkador

Banned
Don't over think this.

I know you guys want to consider all options and everything, but Blarg has a 50/50 chance of flipping scum.

It's day one, let's not waste it on an inactive as per usual gafia tradition.

Really interested in hearing about your theory and methodology on RNG and target selection probability.

Since the questionnaire was such a raging success in Danny Phantom, I have developed the next step in Mafia analysis...MAFIA RORSCHACH. This scientifically proven method will allow us to determine who the bad guys are.

What is the first thing that comes to your mind, if you look at this picture?
CNXZnzl.png

Armored Skeletor 1st phase

j0xgYwe.png

Honedge

We're almost done. One last picture. What is the first thing that comes to your mind, if you look at this picture? Remember that there are no right or wrong answers.
pkYGl8h.png

Cthulhu starbucks

Since the questionnaire was such a raging success in Danny Phantom, I have developed the next step in Mafia analysis...MAFIA RORSCHACH. This scientifically proven method will allow us to determine who the bad guys are.

CNXZnzl.png

A Vase

j0xgYwe.png

A dildo rocket

We're almost done. One last picture. What is the first thing that comes to your mind, if you look at this picture? Remember that there are no right or wrong answers.
pkYGl8h.png

Yorroy skcusucks- wait a minute....

Top Bottom