• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAMARMO

Banned
CqaKgwXXgAA6Ubh.jpg

CqaKf51WgAAVTuG.jpg

CqaKfYQXEAEoyg3.jpg

CqaKgYAWEAEQfEf.jpg
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/08/rumour_ps4_slim_hardware_images_allegedly_leak_online

Caayn

did they ever sell those colored ones outside of japan? all i remember are the ugly game themed ones that were like slapping on a decal.
A game shop in The Netherlands where I live sells official Sony faceplates for €20 a pop. They've got Gold, Neon orange, Red, White, Silver and Aqua Blue.
ITT: We pretend that the PS4 was a good looking system?
It always was? My only complaint with it is the glossy part because it scratches by looking at it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Wrong. They got the pictures directly from me who contacted the seller directly on Gumtree. And yes, I work at the same company.

That doesn't make it better when their source for the slim came from this thread specifically. just because they contacted the seller afterward and posted pics still means they should give credit to us for breaking the story.

Anyway, this unit looks sleek AF. Not that PS4 didn't already look sleek, but it looks positively bulky and 1950s boxy compared to the slim's modern sleekness.

People buy beautiful things for themselves. It has nothing to do with style points or bragging. I get enjoyment from looking at good design. When you can look at something and see the love that is behind the design, then you appreciate it that much more, compared to something that is just a rehash or simplification to save money. I don't see any love behind this.

This. Even if you don't personally like the design of, say, the Xbox One S, at a single glance it's pretty easy to tell that a lot of work and craft has gone into realising it, which evidently isn't exactly the case with this PS4 Revision.

Likewise, I'm not 100% happy with the direction Nintendo took the 3DS design in (it's a lot more fussy compared with the clean lines of the DSi XL), but it's hard not to appreciate something like this, and it's obvious they are employing higher quality materials and construction processes:

Here's some pics. Amazing device.

F3wU7pE.jpg

6CPNdUT.jpg

GMX3Jgt.jpg

iNP4Ztp.jpg

Xenoflare

I'm actually amazed at the speed of this. Pictures of a new PS4 appear, and the same night some other dude has it sitting in their living room.

I know right? Usually you'd think there is going to be a week or two for crazy brewings about what this actually is. Now it's leaked, verified, and even had a comparison with the OG in one thread

Nothing is under wraps anymore

Wollan

Sexy.

Matte surface and clean aesthetics. A slim system that's actually slim.

Will never own it though as I'm in for Neo.

Vena

Alright.

It seems like a stupid design change, honestly.

Less plastic for less vertical space. Seems logical to me, helps cut down costs. The guts will be likely about the same cost as the OG, so they have to cut down in other places. Cutting down dimensions hits plastic costs and boxing/shipping costs. Also no Optical Out was for price cutting as well.

RedAssedApe

Banned
matte doesn't look as good in pictures out of the box but much better than a scratched up glossy plastic. you're done if you get even a tiny bit of dust on it and need to clean it off.

the matte plastic on the og ps4 does feel a bit cheap in itself though. then again...costs. this ain't a luxury car where you use soft touch plastics. heh

WadeitOut

It HAS to have a UHD player right? I can't see them actually releasing a different model barely any smaller with no additional selling point.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
He made a few in succession and I just quoted one of his. It's clear above I'm aiming the ire at Polygon, I even half defended IGN as they've just taken Polygons word.
Do you have multiple personalities? You were clearly calling out Kotaku. Own that shit.

ryan299

I'm seeing unconfirmed rumors that the release is Sep 14 and Neo is being held until March.

EDIT: It was a tweet from some European gaming site that I've never heard of. It was getting retweeted by a bunch of people I follow. They just deleted it, so fake. I should've said twitter, my bad.

I don't understand. How did these sellers get their hands on them? Sony must have been planning a reveal sooner than their sept conference right?

Xenoflare

This. Even if you don't personally like the design of, say, the Xbox One S, at a single glance it's pretty easy to tell that a lot of work and craft has gone into realising it, which evidently isn't exactly the case with this PS4 Revision.

Likewise, I'm not 100% happy with the direction Nintendo took the 3DS design in (it's a lot more fussy compared with the clean lines of the DSi XL), but it's hard not to appreciate something like this, and it's obvious they are employing higher quality materials and construction processes:

You'll need a clear case, the finish on the new XL is extremely prone to peeling and it's all black underneath, a few sessions of sweaty palm MH or lunatic fire emeblem can ruin it really quickly

KingBroly

Banned
Less plastic for less vertical space. Seems logical to me, helps cut down costs. The guts will be likely about the same cost as the OG, so they have to cut down in other places. Cutting down dimensions hits plastic costs and boxing/shipping costs. Also no Optical Out was for price cutting as well.

If they're gonna do that, they should get rid of the middle cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom