• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

casiopao

with MH3U, 4U and even Generations sales in the West, with the amiibo worldwide interest 8and the balance between production cost of an actual toys VS ww distribution ammortization), I really can see only two reasons for this not coming west:

- TV Cartoon hiring agreement still to be closed (if they actually have interest in putting it on air alongside the game)
- NX version in development, that in the West could help sales (compared to Japan the 3DS install base penetration is solid but lower, so the launch-hype of a new hw could be seen as an opportunity

Hooo. Nice explanation there o El Capitan.^_^ Guess, we will need to wait for NX or at least this Direct.^^

I do feel that considering that the game seems to be going to underperform in JP, Capcom is not going to not launch the game to the West as they will need all the sales.^_^ And many of the fans would love to try Jrpg with MH themes.^^

Is there a Lagiacrus amiibo? I only heard of Rathalos, Rathian, Barioth and Qurupeco so far.

Edit: Oh I guess you mean in the game. :D

yeah in the game. But if they are releasing Amiibo with Lagicrus, u can bet my ass is going to get that Amiibo Day One.^_^

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hooo. Nice explanation there o El Capitan.^_^ Guess, we will need to wait for NX or at least this Direct.^^

I do feel that considering that the game seems to be going to underperform in JP, Capcom is not going to not launch the game to the West as they will need all the sales.^_^ And many of the fans would love to try Jrpg with MH themes.^^

yeah in the game. But if they are releasing Amiibo with Lagicrus, u can bet my ass is going to get that Amiibo Day One.^_^

yes I've seen that the pre-orders don't seem to give a proper response from the JP market, very strange to me (could it be the cartoonish look? because the RPG gameplay change could still be seen as interesting, to me..!), so hopefully they will look at us as possible "damage control" option ;p

casiopao

yes I've seen that the pre-orders don't seem to give a proper response from the JP market, very strange to me (could it be the cartoonish look? because the RPG gameplay change could still be seen as interesting, to me..!), so hopefully they will look at us as possible "damage control" option ;p

I guess the triangle(jan ken pon) battle system does not really resonate with the fans? I do hope that we will get the game here. Baby Kirin is going to be sooo cute.^_^

SuperSah

Banned
with MH3U, 4U and even Generations sales in the West, with the amiibo worldwide interest 8and the balance between production cost of an actual toys VS ww distribution ammortization), I really can see only two reasons for this not coming west:

- TV Cartoon hiring agreement still to be closed (if they actually have interest in putting it on air alongside the game)
- NX version in development, that in the West could help sales (compared to Japan the 3DS install base penetration is solid but lower, so the launch-hype of a new hw could be seen as an opportunity

Out of all the MonHun games, I feel like Stories probably won't be appearing here.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I guess the triangle(jan ken pon) battle system does not really resonate with the fans? I do hope that we will get the game here. Baby Kirin is going to be sooo cute.^_^

You could be right. Well, too bad for them! I'd buy the game and the amiibos day one! :p

Out of all the MonHun games, I feel like Stories probably won't be appearing here.

you could be wrong! (I just hope that :p )
Western 3DS demographics is lower in terms of target age, so it would be a good fit for the game.
Amibo production too scream ww distribution to me (it is foolish to think to properly ammortize the production cost on one market alone)

Correct, Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. Currently listed by Nintendo for a 2016 release in the US and a 2017 release in Europe.
Well damn.. then yeah thats gonna get delayed or maybe not.. depends on when they gonna launch it and if or when NX launches with dragon quest XI
Stories will definitely appear here. The cartoon will be here too. Monster Hunter is on the rise breh

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Just looked that up and it came out on 2 November 2011.

That would make the wait for the DQVII remake look short. Very unlikely, nice cover art though.

Yeah, I gave up in 2012. Still can dream, though. That cover art is nice, I agree. :)

This game was good but I didn't really enjoy it as much as the one that was localized on the DS for some reason. I think it's one of those games where they seemingly improved upon everything but lost some of the "charm," in the process. The pirate battles were really fun at the start but the fact that they're so frequent makes them feel less special than the tank ones and kinda hurts the pacing of the game.

Ah, good to know. Maybe I'll just replay the DS one, then, and pray for a charming RS4 on NX.

marmoka

Banned
hqdefault.jpg

Get hyped! It's finally coming!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
After Super Mario 64, the Zeldas and Star Fox, which N64 classic is due a 3DS port?

The only ones I can think of are maybe F-Zero X and Paper Mario? It feela like I'm forgetting a couple, though.

Please be a new Mario, 3d / 2d / galaxy dont care, just give me a new Mario.

Very well, Ramparter... your wish... is granted.

Mario Party: Star Rush is an upcoming party video game being developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS.

I'm Stan, and I thank you for posting on NeoGAF.

Dystify

Lemrik

Neo Member
Found a folder leak on 4chan...don´t know if legit or not. But i think those leaks will appear very often now, because the last one was correct.

Sorry for bad English

Dystify

Found a folder leak on 4chan...don´t know if legit or not. But i think those leaks will appear very often now, because the last one was correct.

Sorry for bad English

Your English is fine. It's probably fake but you could post it anyway for fun.

18-Volt

Doubt it. One thing for Square Enix to put them in, but Nintendo had to publish two mainline titles overseas on 3DS and they'll likely need to pull through again since SE rarely directly publishes in the West on the platform in recent times (no title at all in 2015 I believe).

If VII and VIII do well, just maybe.

I think it's highly likely, because Nintendo needs to fill the time period in 2017 before the NX launch with games and all they got is Ever Oasis (assuming DQ8 is still a 2016 release).

DQMJ3 is a strong candidate, as well as Yokai Busters and Yokai Sangokushi. Remaining Level-5 games, Yokai Watch 3 and Layton 7 could see release after NX launches.

casiopao

I think it's highly likely, because Nintendo needs to fill the time period in 2017 before the NX launch with games and all they got is Ever Oasis (assuming DQ8 is still a 2016 release).

DQMJ3 is a strong candidate, as well as Yokai Busters and Yokai Sangokushi. Remaining Level-5 games, Yokai Watch 3 and Layton 7 could see release after NX launches.

Megaton Musashi is also 3DS title right? I don't think Ninty would want to miss that.

But we already know what to expect during upcoming months, we all know about Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Federation Force (September 2), and Nindies like Runbow Pocket - although New Nintendo Select games announcement would be nice.

The thing we don't know is NX, for starfox sake. I love my 3DS, but I really, really want my NX Nintendo Direct.

Dystify

Ha ha ha ha. Metroid prime 3D no fucking way.

Yeah several things there point to being a fake (like the dates). Imo if they do Metroid Prime 3D they would have to port Prime 2 and 3 too, but that'd take years. It's a nice attempt of a leak but 99% fake.

Also, we would have heard if Itoi is back to developing games, no?

Oregano

That folder list is so fake.

DQXI isn't being announced for the West in a direct, especially before the NX version has been revealed.

AniHawk

Yeah several things there point to being a fake (like the dates). Imo if they do Metroid Prime 3D they would have to port Prime 2 and 3 too, but that'd take years. It's a nice attempt of a leak but 99% fake.

Also, we would have heard if Itoi is back to developing games, no?

it's the western name for mother 3

wrowa

Gonna call fake on this one. Why are all the folders created today only minutes apart?

Yeah. Compare that to the other "folder leak", which turned out to be true. The folders were created at different times and days.

It came also from a European source, which this supposed leak isn't coming from (... since it's not even 5PM yet, despite the folders having been created today after 5PM).

Top Bottom