• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Guardian delayed

Firthy

Great news, too much stuff coming out around the end of Oct / beginning Nov that I want to play as it is :) will grab TLG upon release now.

How in the fuck is this possible? And both it and Gravity Rush 2 might as well be taken out back with Final Fantasy XV coming out on top of them.

Shin-chan

On the one hand, I'm glad Sony is very clearly prepared to delay games for quality purposes. Since Driveclub all of their first party titles have released without a hitch.

On the other, it's becoming a systemic thing where every game they have coming up has an extra four or five weeks added to it to polish shit up or whatever.

Gravity Rush 2 will be delayed now. I'm pretty sure of it. Honestly, January is barren so maybe it and Yakuza 0 can take the month for themselves.

Shin-Ra

AndOk.gif

Rez and PlayStation VR get October all to themselves now!

25131866380_21f3d220d3_o.png

Never thought a delay could actually work out perfectly. Wanted to sell off my PS4 and put the money towards a pro since I wasn't using it. Was on the fence since I didn't want to miss out on this release.

Still sort of sucks for those who wanted it right away, but at least it's still within the year.

silva1991

So The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo Sport and FFXV getting delayed. Congrats Sony! What's left?

Do we need to say Gravity rush 2 one more time? the funny thing is I expect GR2 to be more polished than TLG by late November yet it's probably getting delayed because both FFXV and TLG lol.

Fdkn

What kind of delusion make people think that is was going to sell gangbusters at the end of October but bomb on December?

It will sell practically the same, the audience for the game is what it is.

Sony published games delayed this gen:

• The Last Guardian
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Driveclub
  • Bloodborne
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Uncharted 4
  • The Order 1886

Sony published games not delayed this gen:

• Knack

kiuc6Zc.gif

I know there are a few others lol

PillarEN

For a moment I thought I was in a nightmare but luckily it was a teeny push back. Phew. I was expecting development hell 2.0.

PS5

Neo Member
Does Sony have a single AAA game that hasn't been pushed in time? The fuck is wrong with their management, stop picking dates until you have a good idea when it will come out.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Movies do this all the time and it works fine. It shouldn't even affect advertising much - you can still hype of the game without specifying an exact release date and then clarify once it's determined.

If it gives them more time to fix things then I'm ok with it. Also smart of them to move it away from the big shooters. Probably see it as a bundle for the holidays too.

Actually good news for me, I traded in my ps4 in anticipation for the Pro, now I can play TLG when it launches on the new hardware!

Minions

Hahaha I called that. Writing was on the wall when it wasn't widely being shown at TGS. People called me a fool on the EZAllies stream, but I was right.

Ah well, still a day one purchase for me.

Shin-Ra

You won't have to make the tricky decision between playing on PS4 early before PS4 Pro releases I guess.

• The Last Guardian
  • Driveclub
  • Bloodborne
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Uncharted 4
  • The Order 1886

• Knack

kiuc6Zc.gif

what major release post console launch havent been delayed?

jett

D-Member

• The Last Guardian
  • Driveclub
  • Bloodborne
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Uncharted 4
  • The Order 1886

• Knack

kiuc6Zc.gif

THE CERNY is truly the only man alive than can harness the PS4's mythical time to triangle.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

• The Last Guardian
  • Driveclub
  • Bloodborne
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Uncharted 4
  • The Order 1886

• Knack

kiuc6Zc.gif

If thats the case, delay it all you want. And me n the kids like Knack.

silva1991

• The Last Guardian
  • Driveclub
  • Bloodborne
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Uncharted 4
  • The Order 1886