• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve Cancels Portal 2 E3 Event; Promises Surprise

wsippel said:
It's related to Portal 2. PS3 and 360 owners won't care.

But if it's related to Portal 2, why wouldn't 360 owners care...!?

Good point. Either it's a Portal related or the engi update. Valve has already shown a portal themed engi movie recently.

Or maybe it is what I originally said I thought it was, and official announcement that Black Mesa Source is complete and available for download. Just Valves way of saying thanks to the mod team that put in the incredible amount of work that it took to make the mod. I will keep my "I called it" gif handy.

MMaRsu

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
I still don't get it. It says right there in the original message that it's an "E3 Portal 2 Surprise." Why does everyone think Valve is gonna shock the world with Episode 3 or a fucking TF2 movie?

Yeah because they are going to tell you what the surprise is before the surprise is actually unveiled.

So ofcourse they aren't going to say "yeah hey we got this EP3 surprise so woohoo"

newest rumor:

this picture showed up on the internet:

QHcOWSGjV5yM.png

same pic with changed color stuff:
zRW8t3fL6102.png

they say it was up for some min or so

Darklord

Banned
derFeef said:
I just noticed the little "2" in the Source Logo. :lol Delecious.

Ok now THAT would be a surprise. It might also explain why Episode 3 has taken WAAAAAAAAY longer than the others. Although with 4chan open in the next tab...I can't say that's a trustworthy picture.:lol

Spoo

Doubtful that any developer on the face of the planet could port the entirety of DNF from UE 2.x (updated) to Source engine AND finish the game considering it was never finished.

Either way I still shat bricks when I saw the pic for some reason :\

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wait, what? Duke NUkem? :lol

It's a fucking lie and you know it, but man oh man... if it's true... I'm going to lose it entirely.

But it's obviously a lie

please, be true!

Saty

Doesn't 'Duke' resemble one of the terrorist models in CS? The guy with the sunglasses, so maybe..

What's supposed to take place in 18\6? Take-Two logo there. 'Duke Begins' handed over to Valve?
Baseless, outrageous speculations are fun.

The Leet Krew model has sunglasses as seen here.

wrf2v8.jpg

But that is a picture of Duke Nukem.

I can understand people falling for fakes sometimes because there are only so many thing the surprise could be. But anyone believing the old "It was only up for a couple of seconds" line is kind of sad. Besides Duke Nukem would be on consoles too.

Arucardo

wsippel said:
It's related to Portal 2. PS3 and 360 owners won't care.

But if it's related to Portal 2, why wouldn't 360 owners care...!?
Whoops, I totally misread EatChildren's post :D .

Also, I quite enjoyed Gunman Chronicles, even for just seeing a completely different game use the half-life engine.

I guess Valve didn't sell their modified Quake engine aka GoldSrc to pretty much anyone (I think a modified GoldSrc was used for a Bond game) and Gunman Chronicles started as a mod for the original half-life and got Valve's backing. Didn't Left 4 Dead start as a mod? too busy to do some fact checking :lol .

EDIT: Looks like I was talking out of my ass to some extent :lol :

"Gunman chronicles began its life as a mod for Quake. As it progressed it moved from the Quake engine to the Quake II engine, and eventually on to the GoldSrc (Half-life) engine. Sierra (Half-life's publisher) took note of the mod and gave it a full release in 2000."

The rumors/fakes/whatever have reached the greatest level in the history of the world if Duke Nukem by Valve is where we are at now.

I'm about to lose it!

I don't think I've ever been this hyped for a freaking game announcement. The anticipation is just killing me. Everyone of these crazy stories in the last two weeks are just making things worse. Someone hold me!

:lol

Rubezh

You're all wrong. It's going to be a new IP called "Leet Krew Guy: Forever" where he'll be given his own backstory and dedicated single player campaign.

Top Bottom