• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Kapura

Banned
Letters said:
better yet, strap a camera to urk somehow and make him livestream everything for us at home.
Bonus points if it's crazy goofy lookin'. Additional bonus points if he narrates everthing real-time.

FourDoor

Letters said:
better yet, strap a camera to urk somehow and make him livestream everything for us at home.

I can just imagine how that could horribly go wrong:

Urk + Bathroom + forgetting about the Live Cam = :lol

zumphry

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
I misread the Z's, its a sign of respect though, I remembered you guys without looking at the names!
Yeah, bad excuse, sorry!
Browsing gaf at like 3 am after reading thick textbooks leads to bad mistakes. =(
:p

I don't deserve your respect! Plus I'm not Australian or whatever Ze is. I might sound funny, but I'm not British!

he's like, from Sweden, right?

:p

EazyB said:
Here's the game plan, Dani. You've got to post the first Reach E3 thread, have it titled appropriately e.g. "Skirmishers revealed to make afroman BaKaaw sound" then just update it with all the news anyways and we can keep our HaloGAF discussions in there without them being strewn about several random threads. If you don't make the first thread, post on the first page and update it as if it were the OP, rest of the plan proceeds as before.

:lol :lol

Kapura

Banned
ManCannon said:
If everything works out as we've planned then we're more than willing to live with the loss of one jaded fan. :D
Sounds like big plans. Is it going to be released on PC too, with cross-console multiplayer?

ManCannon

Letters said:

I think iPhone Twitpics are probably the extent of our technological limits but we'll definitely be tweeting and photoing up a storm. I'll get some shakey cam video as possible but I won't have any way of releasing it until I'm back at HQ.

Kapura

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Not more shadowrun references! I can't take it!
But think about how much ass it would kick if Forge v2 were on PC, with ability to export to the console!

I'm getting depressed now because it won't ever happen :(

ZayneH said:
I don't deserve your respect! Plus I'm not Australian or whatever Ze is. I might sound funny, but I'm not British!

he's like, from Sweden, right?
He's actually Canadian ;) (18 and legal too :p)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Kapura said:
But think about how much ass it would kick if Forge v2 were on PC, with ability to export to the console!

I'm getting depressed now because it won't ever happen :(

True enough, I'll just be happy to get what i get though! :D

Pennybags

Hydranockz said:
He's actually Canadian ;) (18 and legal too :p)
This after the nipple comment... You a bit frustrated, eh? :lol

Can't wait for E3 and being able to play on LIVE again. Its been a long while.

Edit: What the hell was I smoking? Sorry there, nockz.

ManCannon said:
If everything works out as we've planned then we're more than willing to live with the loss of one jaded fan. :D

I like this. I like this a lot.

you should have left the little smile out, for even greater coldness xD

EazyB

Banned
Captain Blood said:
10 bucks says they could decrease jump height, introduce a second bloom and I would still see you on live midnight of release day. :p
Course. The only question is will I still be playing it at midnight 3 years later?

ManCannon said:
Jaded implies I'm tired of the same. My disappointments surrounding the beta had nothing to do with being jaded by 10 years of Halo.

Kapura

Banned
EazyB said:
Course. The only question is will I still be playing it at midnight 3 years later?
Nah. Bungie releases games in a three-year cycle; you'll be in line for the Activision project where jumps will have been made a power-up and all guns have a 10% chance to miss and 5% chance to jam with every bullet fired. Sounds like your kinda game, eh?

Blueblur1

ManCannon said:
I think iPhone Twitpics are probably the extent of our technological limits but we'll definitely be tweeting and photoing up a storm. I'll get some shakey cam video as possible but I won't have any way of releasing it until I'm back at HQ.
Since we've seemingly got your attention this evening, I have two questions you may or may not be able to answer.

While waiting to respawn and in theater, will the switch from player to player pan the camera to the other player ensuring tons of motion blur (ugh) and adding a frustrating 1 - 1.5 second delay? Or will it be like Halo 3 in the final game - an instantaneous switch to the other player's 3rd persion viewpoint with no motion blur whatsoever?

Also, can we get you guys to drop the 3rd person camera a bit? In the Beta it felt like it was set at the appropriate height for an Elite but not a Spartan III. That and the 3rd person viewpoint didn't work well at all for other players in the film besides yourself. I found that the camera would stop following the other players' reticules after a few seconds; that was a glitch, right?

Edit: I mean drop the camera to an appropriate height for the Spartans.

subrock

FourDoor said:
I can just imagine how that could horribly go wrong:

Urk + Bathroom + forgetting about the Live Cam = :lol
Count me OUT. I dont want to spend all e3 looking at the dick of the guy in the urinal next to Urk.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
In light of the uncertainty of my new thread, I've gone and created an]E3 hub at FUD. I'm in the process of copying over some of the preliminary information and media. I may have to re-work some of the graphics due to differences in format between the site layout and the GAF layout.

Apart from that, it will function in the exact same same way that I had planned for my thread to work - I will be constantly updating it throughout E3 with every bit of relevant information I can get my hands on. Interviews, reveals, features, trailers, everything.

We may not have a huge megathread but hopefully some of you will find the hub useful.

If I miss anything or there's something you'd like to include or feature on the hub, you can PM me here or contact me through the site or whatever.

http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/E3

Also, Ghaleon, I blatantly stole your format of the Multiplayer post-Beta changes. Hope you don't mind. You'll be thanked on the page shortly. =)

Bring on E3. <3

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:
In light of the uncertainty of my new thread, I've gone and created an]E3 hub at FUD. I'm in the process of copying over some of the preliminary information and media. I may have to re-work some of the graphics due to differences in format between the site layout and the GAF layout.

Apart from that, it will function in the exact same same way that I had planned for my thread to work - I will be constantly updating it throughout E3 with every bit of relevant information I can get my hands on. Interviews, reveals, features, trailers, everything.

We may not have a huge megathread but hopefully some of you will find the hub useful.

If I miss anything or there's something you'd like to include or feature on the hub, you can PM me here or contact me through the site or whatever.

http://www/forwarduntodawn.com/E3

Also, Ghaleon, I blatantly stole your format of the Multiplayer post-Beta changes. Hope you don't mind. You'll be thanked on the page shortly. =)

Bring on E3. <3

Good stuff, thanks man!

zumphry

Banned
Kapura said:
Nah. Bungie releases games in a three-year cycle; you'll be in line for the Activision project where jumps will have been made DLC content and all guns have a 10% chance to miss and 5% chance to jam with every bullet fired (except for the pre-order Gold Gun). Sounds like your kinda game, eh?

Fixed.

Dani said:

http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/E3

Bring on E3. <3

Looks good, but you forgot bingo. :p

Pennybags

Kapura said:
Nah. Bungie releases games in a three-year cycle; you'll be in line for the Activision project where jumps will have been made a power-up and all guns have a 10% chance to miss (unless you bought the game new or purchased VIP status) and 5% chance to jam with every bullet fired (except for the pre-order Gold Gun). Sounds like your kinda game, eh?

Extra fixed.

Something I just thought of: Can Jackals, Skirmishers, Hunters, etc. perform assassinations on the player? For instance, could a Hunter knock a Spartan down and stomp on him as an assassination, or a Grunt jump on a Spartan's back and shove a plasma in his armor?

Pennybags

Thagomizer said:
Something I just thought of: Can Jackals, Skirmishers, Hunters, etc. perform assassinations on the player? For instance, could a Hunter knock a Spartan down and stomp on him as an assassination, or a Grunt jump on a Spartan's back and shove a plasma in his armor?

I definitely wouldn't mind waiting a few months longer for Reach, as long as Grunt vs. Spartan assassinations are implemented. :lol

GhaleonEB

Spotted this while browsing Cake Wreaks with the kids before bedtime:

Mike%27s+Amazing+Cakes.jpg

Pennybags

GhaleonEB said:

Looks amazing. Makes me wish I was creative/talented enough in some capacity to represent my favorite timekiller.

Edit: The proton pack: Holy hell! I want one NOW.

Edit2: Member!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
GhaleonEB said:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wGr8njEWjtI/TAsB67prAEI/AAAAAAAAJHg/I46mOETe6JQ/s1600/Mike%27s+Amazing+Cakes.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow, do want.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
An average HaloGAF day;

1 on 1 epeen contest -> terrain editors -> halo drinking games -> worst halo levels -> E3 media teasing -> Mysterious E3 related Bungie invites -> nipples -> E3 conferences on TV -> becoming an uncle -> Beta montage begging -> E3 demo appearance confirmation -> bingo -> thread discussion -> Reach music finishing news -> Halo sales blabber -> more E3 Bungie teasing -> Urk's member -> cakes

:lol

big ander

Dani said:
An average HaloGAF day;

1 on 1 epeen contest -> terrain editors -> halo drinking games -> worst halo levels -> E3 media teasing -> Mysterious E3 related Bungie invites -> nipples -> E3 conferences on TV -> becoming an uncle -> Beta montage begging -> E3 demo appearance confirmation -> bingo -> thread discussion -> Reach music finishing news -> Halo sales blabber -> more E3 Bungie teasing -> Urk's member -> cakes

:lol :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:
An average HaloGAF day;

HEY! Urk's member has a name. Don't be rude!

Dani said:
An average HaloGAF day;

there's a reason why the halo threads are always so popular. The thread gives the people what they want.

Sai-kun

Banned
Dani said:
An average HaloGAF day;

Lil' Urk :3

Monocle

Yeah, I don't think Bungie is going to have a problem as far as sales are concerned. I'll honestly be surprised if Reach doesn't break every one of Halo 3's sales records.

It'll be interesting to see how Reach's marketing campaign stands up to Halo 3's. I thought some of the Believe commercials were extremely well done. I hope to see them topped.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Monocle said:
Yeah, I don't think Bungie is going to have a problem as far as sales are concerned. I'll honestly be surprised if Reach doesn't break every one of Halo 3's sales records.

It'll be interesting to see how Reach's marketing campaign stands up to Halo 3's. I thought some of the Believe commercials were extremely well done. I hope to see them topped.

I imagine it will give MW2's Xbox numbers a run for it's money, but that may be "wishful" thinking.

Regardless it's going to be huge. That's one launch I'm glad I won't be in line for. ODST was bad enough. :lol

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:
Funny thing is, that site is for disastrous cake failures. Yet all the ones on that page, including the portal one, are AMAZING.
Aye. Every Sunday they do a round up of awesome cakes. Makes for odd browsing, though. One disaster after another, and then whoa! Brilliance.

Pennybags

Monocle said:

While I have no doubts as to Reach's financial success, and can't wait to see its ad campaign, it's odd that it doesn't quite have the buzz(?) I was expecting, even before the marketing stage. Compared to each tiny bit of Halo 3 information released after the initial announce, Reach's layered reveals so far aren't really getting the majority of my gaming friends (mostly speaking of those IRL and some online) as excited as I would have expected. Makes me a bit of a sad puppy, as it will probably result in less of them getting the game. Even the beta failed to grasp them as I would have thought.

Of course, some of these I have in mind are of the "flavor of the month" variety, but nonetheless people who I have known to enjoy Halo 2 and Halo 3.

Basically: "Boo hoo, a lot of people I know are jumping ship. Waah, I won't have as many people to play with now."

Edit: Apparently I don't know the difference between its and it's.

Top Bottom