• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This time on sequel reveal week; MOTORSTORM 3

yurinka

Orobi said:
Fake? Real? Real fake?

axshg.jpg
Fake. But I would say the loading screens aren't fake.

The name Sony registered was Motorstorm 3

Omiee said:
so how long does it take to be an member cuz iv been a member since 09 i mean junior

Patience is a virtue, all good things come to those who do not ask for it. Nobody can answer your question but you, as soon as you are ready to become a gold member you'll feel it deep inside your guts.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Pylon_Trooper said:
Chubs, does any ol' racing game have wheel support? I'm not sure of the tech, so I was wondering if it was a simply case of it registering the left/right rotation or if it had to be specifically supported.

I'm jumping into the cheaper end of the market with a Driving Force Pro, very much looking forward to it.
Well if it isn't supported, then you wont get petal functions, feedback and such. Most games these days (arcade racing games) don't support it for whatever stupid reason. :(

Razgreez

Logic dictates those screens arent fake. The very basic detail of the cars shown, they seem more like placeholders than anything else, indicate these were most likely taken from a very early build which, to me, looks to be testing the physics and graphics load of the more interactive surroundings they have planned for the next iteration.

What it really appears to look like to me then is an almost new physics engine being tested for the next game - as if they feel they've reached the limits of the previous one. The blur is obviously lcd ghosting that much is definite

I love Motorstorm, and every time I go into one of these threads, my brain is programmed to think MS stands for microsoft and i have to do a double take

make it stopppp

that loading screen looks really cool. I doubt an aircraft carrier/fleet of ships would have enough surface area to race on, but man would that be awesome.

chubigans said:
Well if it isn't supported, then you wont get petal functions, feedback and such. Most games these days (arcade racing games) don't support it for whatever stupid reason. :(

That's awful. Maybe a few emails shot to Evolution? I mean, surely there's some sort of middleware/module they could slot in for wheel support...is there much in the way of tuning or testing these things?

CryptiK

People need to get over the fact this will take place in City areas. I welcome it, its a nice change from the Natural environments.

Also it looks very interesting that buildings will coallapse during races on the tracks maybe dynamic track changes? Possible the track is modified slightly when an event is triggered? I can dream I can dream.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is lookin pretty awesome, hopefully collapsing buildings play a big factor, makes it more intense. It'd be cool to be able to take different routes through buildings and other things.

Denzar

CryptiK said:
People need to get over the fact this will take place in City areas. I welcome it, its a nice change from the Natural environments.

Also it looks very interesting that buildings will coallapse during races on the tracks maybe dynamic track changes? Possible the track is modified slightly when an event is triggered? I can dream I can dream.
Sounds like you should play Split/Second.

wouwie

The reveal must be coming soon. Can't wait.

Slightly off-topic: i loved motorstorm 2 but never played motorstorm 1. Should i buy it too? Some say MS2 was a big improvement, especially on the driving aspect. Will i be able to enjoy the first one after playing the second one?

Top Bottom