• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ComicsAlliance: Nine Characters Who Need To Come Out As Bi For #BiVisibilityDay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Hey remember on Buffy how Willow was suddenly gay despite being in love with Oz and everyone called her a lesbian instead of pointing out she was more likely a bisexual in love with Tara rather than in love with women full stop?

America has always been weird with this stuff - gay is fine, straight is fine, but don't blur the lines and have someone be both.

I mean Jesus, when Ameruca got Torchwood suddenly Captain Jack was only involved with men after numerous seasons where he'd sleep with anything.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Spiderman did it first with the symbiote. Peter got it to leave Brock one time by saying he loved it. Wait that happened after Ironman

I love how Tsundere the Symbiote is lol.

I still don't really understand the expanded backstory on it. So it was a Klyntar amongst the corrupted klyntar that wanted a symbiotic relationship instead of a dominant relationship? The cartoon always showed Peter going mental with it (which the movie no one wants to talk about did also) but the original comic book just had Peter wig out because the Symbiote was leaving him exhausted fighting crime while he was technically "asleep" and because he was surprised it was living and trying to permanently bond with him.

Slayven

I love how Tsundere the Symbiote is lol.

I still don't really understand the expanded backstory on it. So it was a Klyntar amongst the corrupted klyntar that wanted a symbiotic relationship instead of a dominant relationship? The cartoon always showed Peter going mental with it (which the movie no one wants to talk about did also) but the originally comic book just had Peter wig out because the Symbiote was leaving him exhausted fighting crime while he was technically "asleep" and because he was surprised it was living and trying to permanently bond with him.

It's so messed who knows. Yeah the symbiote was considered a deviant because it wanted to coexist with it's host. Considering the history with Venom, Carnage, Toxin, Hybrid, and all the others it seems like it is possible. Maybe if Peter talked to it, it would have saved everyone a bunch of trouble.

Remember in any relationship communication is key.

The Betty Cooper one is literally "I like this character they should be bi".

they want Archie to just go full anime

so dumb
5fnQ5kq.jpg

sFAzvzK.jpg

Tim "Mr.Steal Your Grilfriend" Drake
qScN9HU.jpg
He was possessed by Trigon at that time. Tim don't got what it takes to hit on another dude's girl by himself.

Edit: Her and Bart were barely dating anyway.

Iorv3th

I see no ice man. Making ice man gay and not bi was such a mistake. You could've had the same type of charecter arc without invalidating his previous relationships.

What?????????????

I am reading all new x-men now and SO FAR he isn't gay..... he is even

dating kitty pryde as his future self

Does the storyline about Tony's sentient suit being completely obsessed with him count?
That was an..uh, interesting comic.

The whole "I've grown a working robotic heart" thing was something for sure.

Then the whole thing about it returning to just being an armor when it next appeared.

Really weird.

The whole "I've grown a working robotic heart" thing was something for sure.

Then the whole thing about it returning to just being an armor when it next appeared.

Really weird.

Not to mention the suit's jealous lover stint when Tony used another suit. I want to see this become adapted for the MCU.

I don't like any Robin being gay or bisexual. Period. Because it changes the dynamic between him and Batman forever.

If you want to diversify sexuality with robin make Tim asexual. Obsessed with the job and that's it.

Sanjuro

I don't like any Robin being gay or bisexual. Period. Because it changes the dynamic between him and Batman forever.

If you want to diversify sexuality with robin make Tim asexual. Obsessed with the job and that's it.

How do you know he is gay for Batman?

What if he is gay for Spider-Man?!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Namor must be on some next level "powerful man sex appeal", because you just know he smells like dead fish and pond scum.

Savitar

Shippers so desperately want the Tim thing to happen but they like to read into things and pair up just about anyone who acts nice towards someone.

Grisby

Huh, yeah, I've never really thought about some of those characters as being possibly bi. The again, I haven't really read a comic book series in a long time, heh.

Kind of makes sense though about WW, considering she stayed so long in her homeland I could easily see her being bi.
Everyone knows Namor is down for whatever

2260601-imperius_sex.jpg
So why can't I see this on the big screen? Needs to be in the next big Marvel blockbuster.

Savitar

Huh, yeah, I've never really thought about some of those characters as being possibly bi. The again, I haven't really read a comic book series in a long time, heh.

Kind of makes sense though about WW, considering she stayed so long in her homeland I could easily see her being bi.

In All Star Wonder Woman she is. All of the women are.....actually, okay not so much bi as lesbian but Wonder Woman basically wants to collar (literally) Steve Trevor which means she wants to be with him due to the whole Paradise Island bondage means I love you thing. He might have responded more positively if not for the whole racial background thing that WW wasn't aware of.

Why would it change their dynamic, they are Batman's sons. Its not like they would pine for Bruce or something. If any of the Robins were gay, there are characters their own age they can either get in a relationship with or have a crush on.

besada

Banned
I just always assumed Wonder Woman grew up engaging in sexual play with women. Unless you assume that the inhabitants of Themyscira just didn't have libidos, woman on woman sexuality would have been the norm. By the time Diana left the island she was a sexually mature woman. So either she completely abstained from the engaging in her own cultural norms, or she grew up getting it on with her fellow Amazons.

Corpekata

Banned
Why would it change their dynamic, they are Batman's sons. Its not like they would pine for Bruce or something. If any of the Robins were gay, there are characters their own age they can either get in a relationship with or have a crush on.

Yeah. It's not like Batgirl's relationship with Bruce was fraught with sexual tension (Well, except in Bruce Timm's world) so a gay Robin doesn't have to change the dynamic.

I just always assumed Wonder Woman grew up engaging in sexual play with women. Unless you assume that the inhabitants of Themyscira just didn't have libidos, woman on woman sexuality would have been the norm. By the time Diana left the island she was a sexually mature woman. So either she completely abstained from the engaging in her own cultural norms, or she grew up getting it on with her fellow Amazons.
This is just a few months ago:

Of course not lol, I was agreeing with you.

Oh, lol. Yeah, still can't believe how bad that was though.

In the case for a gay or bi Robin, what about Damian. His relationship history is pretty much non-existent that a any writer could handle it in a good respectable way without it being perceived as shoe-horned.

The image of Betty apparently fawning over having given Veronica many kisses makes it fair and plausible to include her on the list. I think that if there's even a slight implication of bisexuality, it's perfectly fair to ask that this be expanded upon.

Slayven

Oh, lol. Yeah, still can't believe how bad that was though.

In the case for a gay or bi Robin, what about Damian. His relationship history is pretty much non-existent that a any writer could handle it in a good respectable way without it being perceived as shoe-horned.

Isn't Damien like 10?

anaron

Betty? looooooool

Like, we definitely need bi representation but the idea of just making characters known for being heterosexual suddenly bisexual for the sake of it, is weird.

EulaCapra

I don't know why Marvel keeps backtracking with Hercules and Namor.

Weren't Namor and Quicksilver supposed to be a couple in some alternate reality storyline until that got squashed?

Betty? looooooool

Like, we definitely need bi representation but the idea of just making characters known for being heterosexual suddenly bisexual for the sake of it, is weird.

1. As someone showed, there is basis - if only tiny - to make Betty bi.

2. It is not unusual for comic creators to take established characters and change their sexuality.

I can't relate to characters who aren't possibly going to drop everything at a moment's notice and have a huge pansexual free love orgy where all the kinkiest shit goes down

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Isn't Damien like 10?

There are LGBT children, you know.

A lot of these posts are equating being queer with lust and sex, with no consideration for the love aspect of the particular sexual orientation. It's shallow and frankly makes me uncomfortable.

Being LGBT isn't just about who you fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom