• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Bronx-Man

Banned
UNVOTE

Mazre's posts still don't make a damn lick of sense but cabot's right. Lynching him would be way too easy and I even said earlier that his post was too ridiculous to be a scumtell.

holy poop day 1 ends tonight!

i honestly thought we had another day.

alrighty then, for once i feel like a i actually have feelings about (and maybe even for *wink*) people on Day 1. great start!.

my list of scum-leaning-could totally-be-lynched-ers goes something like :

Mazre - unhelpful, uncoperative, and seemingly playing based on his own fantasy land rather than the game we have in front of us.

Xam - speaks for itself, right? but thats half the problem here, its too easy, if he is scum i doubt his teammates would be dumb enough to stick thier neck out defending him. could totes be scum, but its a gamble and i think we can do better.

Haly - is pushing hard on the mass claim, which i think to be a big nono. also that attitude of 'day 1 aint shit' is most uncool. however both these things can just as likely be that haly just plays town in ways i disagree with, as opposed to actually scummy behavior. think i will wait to make a final verdict on this, see how haly plays when were on a day worthy of his time.

Verelios - having just come from playing with Vere in PokeMafia, something feels really off here. Jumping to odd and maybe even desperate conclusions, and uncharacteristically abrasive to others. not super sure if this is scum play but is totes giving me the bad vibes.

TheGoddamn - was also gona be here but the replacement thing really makes that a moot point

so between Mazre and Verelios i think i will vote for the one i think more likely to actually be lynched today

vote: Mazre

i need to sleep soon, so i wont be around for the days end.

but i will be up for a couple hours or so, if anyone got some questions or earth shattering revelations of whatevs.

Well I'm going to change my vote to give TheGoddamn's replacement a chance to post.

I'm at work right now and I don't have time to review the game as I would like so I'm going mostly by how I feel.

[HIGHUNVOTE]VOTE:StanleyPalmtreee

I'm not so sure if he is scum (freaking day 1) but I didn't liked his cop keep his result's post. Also if he flips scum could give us some new info on another players as all the peek talk could be a scum plot.

dude you are pushing this so far,
its nuts.

cabot

So i guess you're voting out the useless waste as opposed to the possible scum (Verelios), Stan

Am I reading that right?

So i guess you're voting out the useless waste as opposed to the possible scum (Verelios), Stan

Am I reading that right?

no, i think Mazre could also likely be scum,
i do get worse vibes from Vere, but it doesnt seem like many people would follow with that lynch, or am i completely misreading the room?

*Splinter

I find these Verelios reads odd. Several people have said he's different to last game, but I've had the opposite impression. For example Stan just said Verelios has been "abrasive" this game, but he was all up in Flush's business last game, and butting heads with Fireblend throughout.

1 or 2 people having a different read to me I could understand, but it feels like a few have made the same argument now. Not sure what to make of it without double checking who has suspected Verelios and why.

*Splinter

1 or 2 people having a different read to me I could understand, but it feels like a few have made the same argument now. Not sure what to make of it without double checking who has suspected Verelios and why.
This is generally a cue for Sawneeks to do my homework for me, but she isnt in this game :(

If anyone wants to take up her mantle, there are totally some town points up for grabs.

cabot

no, i think Mazre could also likely be scum,
i do get worse vibes from Vere, but it doesnt seem like many people would follow with that lynch, or am i completely misreading the room?

Doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility to me, you making the first move on your less convincing target is interesting, though.

Although it's nothing new that coasting players end up being scum.

True, but Mazre coasted in Archer, and he was Town. I don't remember him being too different in other games except disney when he was a neutral and was doing all the fake claims.

cabot

This is generally a cue for Sawneeks to do my homework for me, but she isnt in this game :(

If anyone wants to take up her mantle, there are totally some town points up for grabs.

giphy.gif

Screw off, lover.

franconp

dude you are pushing this so far,
its nuts.

Don't take it personal, I just think that one of the most important discussions we had this phase was all the peek talk. You were the the one who pushed for it (I know that melon brought that up but it went without notice until you pushed for it) so if you flipped scum it could lead to some clues: why melon brought it up, why some people where pushing for it, etc. It could give us something concrete to work with the next day.

If you flip town we will get less info but it will be not much different from any other D2 phase.

nin1000

Banned
Indeed. Sophia does not want a repeat of Pokemon Mafia where Sophia went super aggressive and Sophia felt frustrated as a result.

I am glad you are going this route because the last game not a good one and your way of playing left scars.

Where are you atm ? Whose players would be potential candidates on getting lynched.

Don't take it personal, I just think that one of the most important discussions we had this phase was all the peek talk. You were the the one who pushed for it (I know that melon brought that up but it went without notice until you pushed for it) so if you flipped scum it could lead to some clues: why melon brought it up, why some people where pushing for it, etc. It could give us something concrete to work with the next day.

If you flip town we will get less info but it will be not much different from any other D2 phase.

oh i know its not personal,
i just think its a terrible reason to want to lynch me.

nin1000

Banned
Not to derail (really. Dont derail.) but what was your final opinion on peeking?

I don't know what to make out of it. Since it did not really get it. I would rather stick to the usual. Check someone -> get info of that somebody -> claim and see that somebody lynched.

Bronx-Man

Banned
OK, so I'm not getting much out of Vere that I thought I would. I'm not sensing much abrasiveness, just responding pretty quickly to people doing reads onto him. This is just a quick overview I did of last page though.

As for peeking, I'm not for it. It provides us with very few benefits, and it could easily give scum an upper hand.

cabot

I don't know what to make out of it. Since it did not really get it. I would rather stick to the usual. Check someone -> get info of that somebody -> claim and see that somebody lynched.

ignoring the result I take it, just lynch who he got info on?

hextyqxHJDtD5KR1Eig9eATagzdgnvMFBwbZMZCcvZ4BsN3rtFGgFHJXUw1HAdG6ev4=w300

You've listed yourself on the chopping block...objective reality or genuinely not bothered about dying?
Reality

EzekielRAGE-thinks peeking is a good idea from reading up on it.

I'm almost out of time on this computer and I still need to read the last 50+ posts of content on the peeking thing (about up to Cabot vs. Haly) but out of everyone it was EzekielRAGE that I noticed more (beyond Mazre's weird "I think there's no cops because I don't like cops" post). He kinda just slid in to voice support, after quite a bit of discussion on whether this is a good idea happened (including Burb-burbs little tale on his past experience on the idea). He posted a couple of loose ideas on how to make it work (one town + one scum) later when there was talk on what to do if scum is found quickly and ultimately said it should be up to the detective's discretion.

It kinda feels like someone who actually could be trying to narrow things down later like Burb suggested. It could also just be for getting in on this idea that a lot of townies seem to be going for.

But out of those all, yeah it's Ezekiel that made me feel the most potentially negative feelings.

What about the peeking that I mentioned not feel right to you? Also I think you misread my idea for when a cop finds scum. If we do the peeking every odd day with ppl able to do up to two peeks both town or town/scum, that would give the cop more breathing room.

I will have my vote posted in like 40 mins. I won't be around for deadline.

nin1000

Banned
ignoring the result I take it, just lynch who he got info on?

hextyqxHJDtD5KR1Eig9eATagzdgnvMFBwbZMZCcvZ4BsN3rtFGgFHJXUw1HAdG6ev4=w300

let me explain it once more and with more detail.

someone is checked :

if he is scum, cop claims and the one who is accused of is being lynched.

if he is town, cop claims and well he gets killed by Gafia town ?

franconp

Reality

What about the peeking that I mentioned not feel right to you? Also I think you misread my idea for when a cop finds scum. If we do the peeking every odd day with ppl able to do up to two peeks both town or town/scum, that would give the cop more breathing room.

Ouro already said why the two peeks don't work. Why are you still pushing for it?

alrighty, nap time.

good luck with the lynch,

and remember we really need to come to a collective decision about the peeking before the day ends. its really an all or nothing thing.
the worst thing we could do with it is have only some of use contributing peeks.

Bronx-Man

Banned
For his defense , there is never a good reason to Lynch anyone on D1
This makes the most sense, honestly. No one has a definite scum vibe to them right now, scum has no idea who has which roles belong to who, and if we don't lynch today we only have to worry about 1 town death versus potentially two.

Ouro already said why the two peeks don't work. Why are you still pushing for it?

I didn't push for it, I was explaining to BL what I had posted since he seemed confused about the ideas I tried to provided. Ouro never commented on the idea I posted.

But let just say I was talking about the same two peek each day thing, why are you trying to make it seem like I am/was heavily pushing the idea when that isn't the case?

franconp

I didn't push for it, I was explaining to BL what I had posted since he seemed confused about the ideas I tried to provided. Ouro never commented on the idea I posted.

But let just say I was talking about the same two peek each day thing, why are you trying to make it seem like I am/was heavily pushing the idea when that isn't the case?

I'm sure that Ouro said why it was a bad idea because I realized the same as he but he post it first. I'm on mobile an at work so I won't track the post down, maybe someone can. I don't why you brought that up again and not mention that the idea was bad and proved ineffective.

*Splinter

alrighty, nap time.

good luck with the lynch,

and remember we really need to come to a collective decision about the peeking before the day ends. its really an all or nothing thing.
the worst thing we could do with it is have only some of use contributing peeks.
Nah this isn't true. If anything I'd prefer a non-unanimous decision here as it leaves the real cop (if there is one) free to decide whether they join in or not. Scum have no way of knowing whether the cop is in the peekers or not and I suspect most people will join in or not based on their own feelings, pretty much regardless of role/alignment.

Fewer fake peeks also means fewer wrong peeks, as another benefit.

Nin checked in. Seems to be normal.

unvote

Sophia, you seems relatively quiet. How do you feel about going for an inactive today? Any updated reads?

franconp

Reality

Why if we do when we already said why it didn't work? Maybe it's just worded wrong or maybe it's just me but it seemed weird.

Kyanrute

the one that made that comment before realizing that you indeed were involved into discussion. My bad.

But still care to put down your thoughts on the whole day and who you would most likely to see lynched ?

naaah nothing to worry about i never post that much so it was a kk comment indeed. Reads are work in progress, have a teaser:

Haly - plenty of mechanic talk and various comments about his own style of play. Openly acknowledges day one as a glorified rng machine and behaves accordingly. More interested in meta than dank reads. Comment about scum being bored feels accurate to me. Advocating role/name claiming, a rather scummy position in a vacuum yet not an alignment indicative outside of it. If scum, could be a signal that scum rolled non-scummy heroes. If all he knows is his own role, why is he so convinced that the connection between the role and the power is so strong? Scum lean.

Xamtheking - mostly fluff. Never answered why he did not pay attention to Ouro standing for his own claim. Disruptions in inter-scum connections? I'd say not that likely and call Xam a null.

Burbeting: Shows aggressiveness towards things he finds worrying but does explain himself. Moderate amounts of meta speculation, again with explanations and unique viewpoints. Feels like has good intentions. Town lean.

Moar to come fuck you all post way too much.

cabot

Fran or Bronx.

Though EzekelRAGE is kinda quick to throw himself to the wolves. I appreciate the JQ reference tho!

Hmmmm. Mind elaborating?

Feel free to elaborate on Fran also, since you don't mention him in your posts too much (at least in my quick search)

Haly - plenty of mechanic talk and various comments about his own style of play. Openly acknowledges day one as a glorified rng machine and behaves accordingly. More interested in meta than dank reads. Comment about scum being bored feels accurate to me. Advocating role/name claiming, a rather scummy position in a vacuum yet not an alignment indicative outside of it. If scum, could be a signal that scum rolled non-scummy heroes. If all he knows is his own role, why is he so convinced that the connection between the role and the power is so strong? Scum lean.

Don't know what to feel about this, I've mentioned this before but Sorian has stated this:

-The choosing of which heroes were scum was done completely at random. Preconceptions of who is good or bad does not transfer over to this game.

Now, if he's scum I imagine at least one of the team is an unexpected 'scum' hero, so why advocate for the mass claim if that's the case?

Feels like a reach here, you're trying to fit a reason around Haly being scum.

4 hours to deadline, going to try to reread. We are recovering from a complete network failure at work, so this week has been crammed but it will settle down shortly.

To the "AB only posts when people mention him" comments, well, yeah. It is D1 and I am usually pretty quiet D1. It is not that I am trying to hide behind anyone, it is just that I prefer to watch people interact with other players. See who talks to whom and so forth. I realize that can look like a #scumtell, but better that imo than a hundred useless posts that make rereading the thread far more difficult that it should be.

Vote: AbsolutBro

Of the ppl I listed for my personal chopping block nin has been more active, TG is getting a replacement. And I won't be voting for myself.

Fran - Seems to be active in trying to point out who were the big backers in the peeking thing.

Also want to make sure you know which post you are talking about.

Below is the two peek thing I suggested that Ouro commented on
176d0d9b8eaa05f5865fe2743d057319.png

After that I posted this:
302853d869deee78846017cf3236327f.png

If I'm not mistaken, Ouro's only comment about that was to try and change the subject.

==========================
Fake Edit: Just saw Fran's post when I refreshed.

I'm sure that Ouro said why it was a bad idea because I realized the same as he but he post it first. I'm on mobile an at work so I won't track the post down, maybe someone can. I don't why you brought that up again and not mention that the idea was bad and proved ineffective.
I explained why I brought it up. It wasn't to try and push it at all. Show me a post where it was said the idea was bad and proved ineffective?

Why if we do when we already said why it didn't work? Maybe it's just worded wrong or maybe it's just me but it seemed weird.

N1 cop gets read, N2 cop gets read.
D3 we do peeks. Cop can peek two townies, 1 townie or 1 scum, 1 scum, or 1 townie.

Vote: Francomp
Was gonna leave it on AB, but Fran's focus on peeking, making it a big deal for w/e reason is rubbing me the wrong way. Especially since he is trying to make it seem like I am/was pushing the peek thing again when I just tried to explain to BL what my idea was. Since BL's main thing against me was the peek discussion.

That will be my final vote, since I won't be around for deadline and slim chance I will be around for the rest of the day.

franconp

I'm the only one that finds it weird that melon (who first brought the peeking talk) and ezekel (who is looking for ways to still use the peeking) are suspicious of me after I voted Stanley?

The worst is that it's too easy to be a scum plot. I won't change my vote and if Stanley flips scum I already now who I'm going to go after next.

Bronx - while he has been around D1 hasn't offered much of an opinion without being prodddd (other than he's mad at Splinter, which it is hardly unique). Was involved on the peeking discussion because never gave a opinion until now. You orginal said Marze "there isn't a cop "wasn't a scum tell yet spent the next sereval pages flipping back and forth when ever someone asked for a real opinion. Still placed a vote there, claiming to see some red flags there. Never explained what this were. Last backed down from the vote and distanced yourself from the V discussion shortly after Splinter said it was weird people were seeing something there.

I'm the only one that finds it weird that melon (who first brought the peeking talk) and ezekel (who is looking for ways to still use the peeking) are suspicious of me after I voted Stanley?

The worst is that it's too easy to be a scum plot. I won't change my vote and if Stanley flips scum I already now who I'm going to go after next.

Cool. I read that as bus between you and Stan anyway.

Burbeting

Banned

I doubt scum would defend one of their own that visibly, especially during the first day, when vote can easily still swing.

Ourobolus

Banned
Jesus Christ, nin. Gimme a tl;dr or something.

Ok, since Ty doesn't seem to be gaining traction while I slept, I'll move back to my first target.

Vote: Verelios

Top Bottom