• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Burbeting

Banned
4 hours to deadline, going to try to reread. We are recovering from a complete network failure at work, so this week has been crammed but it will settle down shortly.

To the "AB only posts when people mention him" comments, well, yeah. It is D1 and I am usually pretty quiet D1. It is not that I am trying to hide behind anyone, it is just that I prefer to watch people interact with other players. See who talks to whom and so forth. I realize that can look like a #scumtell, but better that imo than a hundred useless posts that make rereading the thread far more difficult that it should be.

It's not that you are hiding behind someone, it's that you have been only responding to questions, and not given any real insight in terms of hunting scum.

Burbeting

Banned
Jesus Christ, nin. Gimme a tl;dr or something.

Ok, since Ty doesn't seem to be gaining traction while I slept, I'll move back to my first target.

Vote: Verelios

Can I get a tl;Dr on verelious. He's been one of those players flying completely under my radar, which is worrying.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Bronx - while he has been around D1 hasn't offered much of an opinion without being prodddd (other than he's mad at Splinter, which it is hardly unique). Was involved on the peeking discussion because never gave a opinion until now. You orginal said Marze "there isn't a cop "wasn't a scum tell yet spent the next sereval pages flipping back and forth when ever someone asked for a real opinion. Still placed a vote there, claiming to see some red flags there. Never explained what this were. Last backed down from the vote and distanced yourself from the V discussion shortly after Splinter said it was weird people were seeing something there.
You really need me to spell out how claming there isn't a cop in a role madness game is a red flag? I withdrew my vote on Mazre because I explicitly said that I would withdraw it if Mazre could come back and explain his thoughts. I only voted him to prod him to into responding.

Ourobolus

Banned
The one thing I have against Ouro is that I can't quite see where his reads are coming from or how they evolve. Like his Barrylocke read came when Barry had 1 game post and he didn't amend anything when Barry finally answered.

I'll answer this one at least. I like Day 1. Seemingly Inconsequential banter and how people react to things are actually decent indicators of alignment, IMO.
Barry has been pretty much non-existent this game, and even his "peeking" summary is something I tried to pull in Heist to seem more contributive than I actually was being. Obviously that just happened, but before that post it just felt like something was off.
I explained Verelios earlier. Fluff and jumping on my clarification. Low-hanging fruit.
Ty I explained too. Entirely too agreeable and seems to discuss very safe topics.
Burb I have my eye on, cause I know others don't agree, but he seems a bit more aggressive than usual.
Zeke is my newest suspect, giving the same old D1 excuse everyone gives, and I'm confident if he was Town he'd be trying a bit harder.

Ynnek7

Apologies for not posting last night, by time I got home GAF was down for maintenance.

Nin and Bronx just brought something up (at least, this is what took away from their comments)

Would it be a good idea to do a no lynch today? We're all power roles, so if we take out town accidentally with our lynch that's a possibly two town roles gone by Day 2. Well, more or less than two, depending on if there's a Vig/Sk/really lucky Doctor

Would the info gained from today's lynch outweigh the cost of those roles?

I know No Lynch's aren't that popular, but is this a situation where it might be helpful? Also, is that just like a normal vote where majority goes through? (I'd assume so, just want to make sure I understand it correctly).

And for the record, count me as on board with the peeking if we decide to do it.

nin1000

Banned
Jesus Christ, nin. Gimme a tl;dr or something.

Ok, since Ty doesn't seem to be gaining traction while I slept, I'll move back to my first target.

Vote: Verelios

Tl:dr:
Mass claims ( not cool idead from my pov )
Peeking idea ( i dont really know how that would turn out on GAF)
kyan claiming to be vanilla tow
you putting down a vote on Verelios and removing it shortly later just to come back now after looking at the potential damage you have done and putting it back on him.
C'MON SON

Ourobolus

Banned
Tl:dr:
Mass claims ( not cool idead from my pov )
Peeking idea ( i dont really know how that would turn out on GAF)
kyan claiming to be vanilla tow
you putting down a vote on Verelios and removing it shortly later just to come back now after looking at the potential damage you have done and putting it back on him.
C'MON SON
I don't know what is odd about my Verelios vote. I just moved down my list. It's D1 so I'm looking for reactions and whatnot. I'm back on Verelios now since it seems more likely a lynch than any of my other suspects.

On mobile. Sorry.

Feel free to elaborate on Fran also, since you don't mention him in your posts too much (at least in my quick search)

Fran - Flew under the radar until the peeking discussion came up and still hasn't been able to let that go. Quick to latched onto ideas as he followed Marze "no cop" and later attacking (misidentifying) originator of the idea. Weakly linking people together, throws a lot out there but does ltitle to back it up. Hates D1 bullshit but still pushes for an inactive lynch. Ends up with a vote on Stan of all people because a he wanted the cop to claim? Which is a strange back and forth anyhow. Magically appear as soon as I mention I may likely vote for him.

nin1000

Banned
Apologies for not posting last night, by time I got home GAF was down for maintenance.

Nin and Bronx just brought something up (at least, this is what took away from their comments)

at least thats more than you did. Sorry but for now you are doing the same as last game. Coasting and trying not to be offensive to anyone.

Would it be a good idea to do a no lynch today? We're all power roles, so if we take out town accidentally with our lynch that's a possibly two town roles gone by Day 2. Well, more or less than two, depending on if there's a Vig/Sk/really lucky Doctor

Would the info gained from today's lynch outweigh the cost of those roles?

I know No Lynch's aren't that popular, but is this a situation where it might be helpful? Also, is that just like a normal vote where majority goes through? (I'd assume so, just want to make sure I understand it correctly).

And for the record, count me as on board with the peeking if we decide to do it.

Not a fan. As we will gain information from the player that will be lynched. Ofc it will hurt and in the end there will be several people who will say "i told you not to lynch" him but its in order to gather information. Especially with a game like this were it is filled with roles.

nin1000

Banned
I don't know what is odd about my Verelios vote. I just moved down my list. It's D1 so I'm looking for reactions and whatnot. I'm back on Verelios now since it seems more likely a lynch than any of my other suspects.

It stood out to me Ouro. Nothing more , as you have said its Day uno hermano.

Ourobolus

Banned
Actually I'm even LESS of a fan of a No Lynch in a role madness game. In a normal game losing a PR could be problematic. In role madness we have everyone else waiting to pick up the slack.

Burbeting

Banned
Actually I'm even LESS of a fan of a No Lynch in a role madness game. In a normal game losing a PR could be problematic. In role madness we have everyone else waiting to pick up the slack.

I just hope there won't be a domino effect today with everyone in the lynch zone claiming their role. We might end up with lots of roles claimed.

You really need me to spell out how claming there isn't a cop in a role madness game is a red flag?

This isn't what you said orginally. You said it was a little odd but not a scum tell.

I withdrew my vote on Mazre because I explicitly said that I would withdraw it if Mazre could come back and explain his thoughts. I only voted him to prod him to into responding.

Only after Sophia called you and you added that stipulation. You first said that his absence was suspicious enough for you. The post were you mention your unvote you say half the reason you are doing so is because Cabot called it an easy lynch, despite the fact you didn't understand Marze's response to your supposed prodding.

There are some inconsistencies here.

Ourobolus

Banned
In this kind of setup its very likely to happen lol
I would just be very careful with the role claims. With 22 players and 22 heroes, it's going to come down to what the ability is that is being claimed. If a scum claims to be a doctor, we don't want the real doctor to come forward and say "that's BS, because I am the doctor!"

Granted I'm not sure what the alternative is to calling out a fake claim here, but just something to consider.

Burbeting

Banned
I would just be very careful with the role claims. With 22 players and 22 heroes, it's going to come down to what the ability is that is being claimed. If a scum claims to be a doctor, we don't want the real doctor to come forward and say "that's BS, because I am the doctor!"

Granted I'm not sure what the alternative is to calling out a fake claim here, but just something to consider.

It's also possible that the scum have abilities that are also plausible for town. Or even fake claims, you never know with Sorian.

franconp

On mobile. Sorry.

Fran - Flew under the radar until the peeking discussion came up and still hasn't been able to let that go. Quick to latched onto ideas as he followed Marze "no cop" and later attacking (misidentifying) originator of the idea. Weakly linking people together, throws a lot out there but does ltitle to back it up. Hates D1 bullshit but still pushes for an inactive lynch. Ends up with a vote on Stan of all people because a he wanted the cop to claim? Which is a strange back and forth anyhow. Magically appear as soon as I mention I may likely vote for him.

- I'm throwing a lot out there to look for reactions, as a lot of people here. As we all should be doing.

- I voted for TheGoddamn because he made 3 bad post. All he talked about was the mass roleclaim. I didn't liked that. In the first day it seemed enought to me.

- I have already said why Stan idea to let cop keep the info was bad. But voted for Stan because if he turns put to be it gives a different look on several players, including you as he was in the center of mayor matter (peek talk). That's a lot more that we can gain if we lynch someone else.

- I magically appeared? I have been here all morning. Boss took the day of so I have time. And I didn't responded to your post, Cabot did.

Sophia

I am glad you are going this route because the last game not a good one and your way of playing left scars.

Where are you atm ? Whose players would be potential candidates on getting lynched.

Oh don't you worry Nin. I'll have plenty of scars to leave you when I'm done.

Nin checked in. Seems to be normal.

unvote

Sophia, you seems relatively quiet. How do you feel about going for an inactive today? Any updated reads?

Just woke up, so I'm still reading stuff. There were a lot of posts since I went to bed. I'm against Ynnek's idea to no lynch, of course, but I'm not certain where to put my vote yet.

Bronx-Man

Banned
This isn't what you said orginally. You said it was a little odd but not a scum tell.
Red flag =/= scumtell

Only after Sophia called you and you added that stipulation. You first said that his absence was suspicious enough for you. The post were you mention your unvote you say half the reason you are doing so is because Cabot called it an easy lynch, despite the fact you didn't understand Marze's response to your supposed prodding.

There are some inconsistencies here.
I thought his absence was suspicious, which is why I voted him to prod him into coming back. Mazre's response isn't exactly what I wanted, but I still said I would unvote if he could give some type of response. Everything he's posted is too sloppy to be from scum, and I've seen first hand that the whole "THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, HE'S SCUM" line of attack hardly ever works for capturing scum and pretty much causes town to lose nearly every game.

Ty4on

I'll answer this one at least. I like Day 1. Seemingly Inconsequential banter and how people react to things are actually decent indicators of alignment, IMO.
Barry has been pretty much non-existent this game, and even his "peeking" summary is something I tried to pull in Heist to seem more contributive than I actually was being. Obviously that just happened, but before that post it just felt like something was off.
Could you elaborate on the off or is it just gut?
Dont agree with most of your reasons melon.
What are your feelings on fran? I don't remember seeing any from you.

Burbeting

Banned
You think so? I mean I'm not exactly town reading him either, but I'm not seeing the "scum" so to speak.

It feels like a really big coincidence that Xam just happens to arrive the moment people start to question where he is. There was just a few minutes delay.

Which would point to him keeping close tabs on the thread, but not posting. Why?

cabot

he's been engaged and fairly proactive. I was hoping melon had picked up on something I'd missed but the vast majority of her reasons I disagree with or I feel are stretching.

Fran can pass day 1 for me, there's plenty others on my list.

Ty4on

It feels like a really big coincidence that Xam just happens to arrive the moment people start to question where he is. There was just a few minutes delay.

Which would point to him keeping close tabs on the thread, but not posting. Why?
Sorry, didn't refresh and see this.

Sophia

Hmm... it's hard to get a read on Xam just off that. I agree with the sentiment that it sounds like he's checking the thread more often than he's posting tho.

Waiting for a vote count to see who else besides Ouro is on Verelios.

nin1000

Banned

That's the thing thought. If that person claims doc. How should town react to that ? Since almost every time town did not believe that and called bs. In the end killing doc on day1. But I would be one of those that would call out BS since I am sceptical about every claim that is done near the end of the day.

cabot

That's the thing thought. If that person claims doc. How should town react to that ? Since almost every time town did not believe that and called bs. In the end killing doc on day1. But I would be one of those that would call out BS since I am sceptical about every claim that is done near the end of the day.

The way you deal with any claim at that point, given the evidence, make a decision if you trust the claim or not.

I have a class that gets out at 10:45, normally I would be posting during said class but today we took a midterm so I couldn't browse during it

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count:

Mazre (3)
Xamtheking
Bronx-Man
Haly
StanleyPalmetree

Verelios (1)
Ouro
cabot
Ouro

Barrylocke (1)
Ouro
Ty4on

Ty4on (1)
Mazre
*Splinter
Ouro

melonrabbit (1)
Mazre

AbsolutBro (1)
Burbeting
EzekelRAGE

WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
cabot

EzekelRAGE (1)
Barrylocke

StanleyPalmtree (1)
franconp

franconp (1)
EzekelRAGE

Kyanrute (0)
Burbeting

*Splinter (0)
nin1000

nin1000 (0)
Haly
melonrabbit

Ynnek7 (0)
cabot

Haly (0)
Ty4on
cabot

TheGoddamn (0)
cabot
franconp

12 votes needed for majority
red_1476385200.png

Ourobolus

Banned
Could you elaborate on the off or is it just gut?

It was his first post. I don't know why, but this stuck out for me, like trying to distance himself from Kyan at the outset. (And if Barry flips scum, I'll have to consider Kyan scum for now).

Is Kyanrute rolling scum common? Iirc this is the first game I've been in with them besides Bar Mafia. Iirc you blocked my night kill. I don't like that...

.....Huh.

That post felt scummy.

Eh, that's a bit of a stretch, IMO

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's also possible that the scum have abilities that are also plausible for town. Or even fake claims, you never know with Sorian.

This is why I heavily, heavily disagree with mass claiming. If this is anything like WWE Mafia, scum could easily fake claim and start strategize on which of the most important PRs to take out.

- I'm throwing a lot out there to look for reactions, as a lot of people here. As we all should be doing.

- I voted for TheGoddamn because he made 3 bad post. All he talked about was the mass roleclaim. I didn't liked that. In the first day it seemed enought to me.

- I have already said why Stan idea to let cop keep the info was bad. But voted for Stan because if he turns put to be it gives a different look on several players, including you as he was in the center of mayor matter (peek talk). That's a lot more that we can gain if we lynch someone else.

- I magically appeared? I have been here all morning. Boss took the day of so I have time. And I didn't responded to your post, Cabot did.

1. I agree with your first point but I think your method of doing so has been fairly weak and half-hearted.

2. It was mainly the jump from TheG to Stan that was surprising. Why not prod another inactive?

3. I'm fine if you think Stan is scum but your reasoning for lynching him seems to suggest you aren't and would rather sacrifice someone for the greater good. You really stuck on the peeking thing as though it was a very enlightening talk for you.

4. You don't need to get defensive. I was simply curious that you said you had to go and immediately popped back into the conversation when I posted my suspicions and tried to link a connection between Rage and me. Felt strange.

How do you feel about Sophia?

nin1000

Banned
.....Huh.

That post felt scummy.

As long as he tries to react or engage with us in the following minutes or hours I don't see that as scummy as you are seeing atm. If that however is his last post for the day, then yes it will have a scummy taste on my beautiful mouth.

Ok, cool. Your thoughts on what town should do if the person that is going to feel the axe claims doc or any other thing ?
That's a tough question
Normally, I would be for not axing a potential doc, but with every single townie (and scum) being a PR, potentially losing a doctor might not be as bad

he's been engaged and fairly proactive. I was hoping melon had picked up on something I'd missed but the vast majority of her reasons I disagree with or I feel are stretching.

Fran can pass day 1 for me, there's plenty others on my list.

Sorry to let you down, doc.

cabot

That's a tough question
Normally, I would be for not axing a potential doc, but with every single townie (and scum) being a PR, potentially losing a doctor might not be as bad

What if we did hit a doc claim?

nin you seem to lean to moving onwards, but if we hit a doc, switch to a new target and he claims cop for instance, and they are both telling the truth then we have given scum two targets?

Is that a better solution than just lynching a doc in a game full of PRs?

Top Bottom