• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Nickelback DLC 6-pack announced

So what will we do with this?

Next week's DLC will feature a 6 pack from Rock Band newcomers Nickelback. What more do you need to know?! I think that says it all right there. Here's the run down of tracks and pricing.

Available on Xbox 360®, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (June 29):

“Burn It to the Ground”
“Figured You Out”
“Never Again”
“Photograph”
“Rockstar”
“This Afternoon”

I suggest we act as if it never happened.

Nickelback? My first thought was that it is a joke.

Remember how they used to make fun of the band back when RB1 was first released?

They made fun of Nickelback like 6 months ago. Didn't they call some game Project Nickelback so they could keep it secret? :lol

BJK

Milchmonster said:
They made fun of Nickelback like 6 months ago. Didn't they call some game Project Nickelback so they could keep it secret? :lol

I long for the days when RBN was known as "Rock Band: Nickelback," since that was supposed to be the only way they'd ever be allowed in the game.

DO NOT WANT!

(In the Spirit of the missing RB |OT| Thread, happy Hayley Friday everyone!)

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
BJK said:
I long for the days when RBN was known as "Rock Band: Nickelback," since that was supposed to be the only way they'd ever be allowed in the game.

DO NOT WANT!

(In the Spirit of the missing RB |OT| Thread, happy Hayley Friday everyone!)

Naw, the story was they were claiming the RBN abbreviation stood for "Rock Band: Nickelback", with the express hope that once curious people heard that, they would stop poking. And it worked.

Speaking of RBN, planning on an announcement next Saturday. Won't be a big deal to most people, but it is to me. (Actually got the songs before the album was out, which is pretty cool.)

And also, everything I'm releasing from Janie on will (unless we've been thrown a red herring) be Pro Drums compatible for certain. Anything before that, not sure. We don't have specs on Pro Anything Else though, so don't expect that.

Zodzilla

This is terrible terrible news. If there's any goddamn nickelback on the RB 3 disk, I might have to put a giant scratch mark on whatever section of disk holds that data.

FoneBone

I'd just like to note that by the end of the month, Nickelback's "Photograph" will be available, yet the Def Leppard song of the same name still will not be

that is all

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Zodzilla said:
This is terrible terrible news. If there's any goddamn nickelback on the RB 3 disk, I might have to put a giant scratch mark on whatever section of disk holds that data.
Alternatively, you could just hide that song from ever showing up in any setlist whatsoever.

parasight

Man, from Cyrus to Nickleback. What's happening to our DLC? I guess they're saving the goodies for after RB3.

Also, find it quite funny now, after this appeared during one of their presentations:

TyHok.png

woodypop

FoneBone said:
I'd just like to note that by the end of the month, Nickelback's "Photograph" will be available, yet the Def Leppard song of the same name still will not be

that is all
I'm with this guy.

EYEL1NER

Archie said:
Alternatively, you could just hide that song from ever showing up in any setlist whatsoever.
Woah! The chaos in the other thread and you did not get banned?
Well alright. If they announce Gaga Pack 2 then I have someone to celebrate with.

Gameboy415

You can replace every lyric in any Nickelback song with the word "Nickelback" and the song will sound exactly the same.

EXACTLY.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Well I took a look at some Youtube videos and one of their official videos has 21 million views. Others are around 5-6 million. If even a small percent of that transfers over to DLC sales, this thing is going to sell like crazy. It just makes sense business wise to have them on the list.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Zodzilla said:

How You Remind Me or Someday (maybe even Hero) will probably be on disc. Sorry.

vg260

I don't want any good music as DLC until RB3 comes out so it can have the new features incorporated. The last two weeks have been perfect in that regard. Just keep clearing the crap out of the queue that MTV is making Harmonix do. People will still buy this flavor-of-the-month crap, and it's a good way to bring in revenue before RB3. Put that money towards good songs for RB3 and retro-fitting the good legacy DLC.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
If bringing crap means bringing huge selling artists / bands that the hardcore think suck, plz bring Linkin Park next week HMX.

Meteora full album plz.

Top Bottom