• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So 1080p Owners, what are your thoughts on the PRO?

specdot

I'm waiting till next year. That FF XV patch is looking very tempting, but I can wait. IF however Bungie shows up at the PSX stage and says "oh hey, Destiny is getting a visual upgrade with a Pro Patch", then I'll be running to my local Best Buy to go get one. lol.

Humdinger

I'm a 1080p and Pro owner. I like it so far. What I like most is knowing that I'll be getting better-looking games than I would on the original PS4, thanks to downsampling etc. To me, paying $250 for a fresh console and better-looking games over the next 3 or 4 years is an easy call.

belvedere

Junior Butler
The OS and in game menus scream now. Not that they were awful before, but while in game the sidebar is much more responsive.

geordiemp

Sony hasn't pushed 60fps like MS has so don't hold your breath.

Where has Microsoft pushed 1080p60 ?

Cant remember any Xb1S games that run better than my old Ps4 ?

Especially the usual big open world games which tend to be 30 FPS on consoles.

The only 60 FPS games on all systems tend to be multiplayer shooters, and as far as I can recall they are mostly adaptive resolution - where we are hoping Pro gives us a fixed 1080p or super sample... Care to enlighten us ?

My opnion is until we get zen based APU then 30 FPS will still be the case on games like witcher 3. Probably same for Scorpio as well.

Anyway, still transferring to my pro....takes a while when you have 2 TB.

Anticol

Banned
I thought this was a thread to talk about the opinions of people who already bought the console and still have a 1080p set up, not to hear if people is willing to buy it or not, if I am not mistaken there is a thread asking if you are gonna buy or not, let people who already bought it tell us their experience so people who are doubting will have an easier time to decide.

gunstarhero

I'm hoping for the slim chance that the Pro gets some sort of Black Friday deal. Then I'm all in, mainly for the VR boost (no 4K for me).

ViolentP

I thought this was a thread to talk about the opinions of people who already bought the console and still have a 1080p set up, not to hear if people is willing to buy it or not, if I am not mistaken there is a thread asking if you are gonna buy or not, let people who already bought it tell us their experience so people who are doubting will have an easier time to decide.

Yet...

gunstarhero

I'm a 1080p and Pro owner. I like it so far. What I like most is knowing that I'll be getting better-looking games than I would on the original PS4, thanks to downsampling etc. To me, paying $250 for a fresh console and better-looking games over the next 3 or 4 years is an easy call.

Paying $250??

BF1 please

Sorry for Delay. PS4 Pro @1080 BF1 on 64 Player Conquest quick album http://imgur.com/a/Uqwq9

HSCKnTG.jpg

yC0y8lm.jpg

MDJ6dAn.jpg

cakely

Judging by the responses in here this thread is where the usual suspects will give us a few more concern posts.

I'm pretty sure there's some sort of reward involved if you can convince someone not to buy a PS4P.

John Wick

Those pics look tasty. The down sampled 1080p games look a lot sharper and cleaner. I'm definitely going to get one but will have to wait till January.

kyser73

As my restore didn't finish until midnight I only had a quick look at R&C and Thumper on PSVR but in both cases I feel very happy with the upgrade.

FWIW I traded my OG and 5 games at EB Games Australia and picked up RotTR & WD2 preorder for $300AUD, which I think is something of a bargain for what I've got.

leng jai

As my restore didn't finish until midnight I only had a quick look at R&C and Thumper on PSVR but in both cases I feel very happy with the upgrade.

FWIW I traded my OG and 5 games at EB Games Australia and picked up RotTR & WD2 preorder for $300AUD, which I think is something of a bargain for what I've got.

I traded in a PS4, 5 Wii U games, Driveclub, Transformers Devastation, Tearaway, Fallout 4 XBO, and 3 PS3 controllers and paid nothing for my PS4 Pro. Not bad considering it's essentially hassle free.

kyser73

I traded in a PS4, 5 Wii U games, Driveclub, Transformers Devastation, Tearaway, Fallout 4 XBO, and 3 PS3 controllers and paid nothing for my PS4 Pro. Not bad considering it's essentially hassle free.

Yeah, when I got the bill for $200 and saw that 50% off deal on TR&WD2 I couldn't resist.

Have not spent enough time with my pro yet. But quite liking it so far!

Nothing negative to say about it. And actually just form a physical HW box perspective I am starting to come around on this. When it was announced I did not think the box looked that cool. But it actually looks really good in person. Side by side with my old ps4, the old one looks a bit desheveled.

I like the ps logo in the middle instead of that dumb blue line of light. There is still a blue light, but its on the forward disc loading side. And its a bit more subtle.

I played IW about 2 hours today and it seems much better to me. I mean it's very very possible it's not and I'm just seeing what I want. But to me things seem smoother and the IQ is much much sharper. I'm about to try out skyrim.

Freeman76

The thread title is asking for people's thoughts...

...on what its like with a 1080p, not if some random person wants one or not. My ignore list is getting bloated thanks to this thread lol

Back on topic:

Has anyone read the Arstechnica review?

Only had time for one round of Conquest on Battlefield...and wow, significant framerate improvement there. I had been somewhat avoiding the 64 person modes because of the framerate jumps, but it was just smooth through all the chaos.

Like I said, not much time with it, but i'm going to enjoy Battlefield much more now and i'm excited to see what my other games can do.

Kieli

Was excited until I realized 1080p will NOT receive automatic upgrade (i.e. no patch needed, but better performance anyway).

Evidently, consoles don't work the way PCs work.

Freeman76

Was excited until I realized 1080p will NOT receive automatic upgrade (i.e. no patch needed, but better performance anyway).

Evidently, consoles don't work the way PCs work.

Yes that is a bummer. I am also surprised that more devs arent announcing patches for older games for the PRO now that its out. Could give older games a little boost in sales or rekindle interest which is never a bad thing.

Maedre

Banned
I tested it on a 4k Monitor and on my 1080p TV. Its totally worth it on boths sets. Even my wife whois normales very resistant when it comes to resolution and graphic details recognized the positive difference.

I tested UC4 in Scottland (so much gras) and two CoD IW missions.Really really nice.

So far I am disappointed with what I saw from the titles that I already had that supported the pro. They do look sharper, but I don't think it was worth the investment for me. I just hope that future titles show a bigger difference.

Freeman76

So far I am disappointed with what I saw from the titles that I already had that supported the pro. They do look sharper, but I don't think it was worth the investment for me. I just hope that future titles show a bigger difference.

Are they games that have PRO patches?

Top Bottom