• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Streamer" "shows off" "Nintendo Switch" live on stream.

After sleeping on it, I've decided. I'm on

#TeamIHaveNoFuckingClue

The only people outside of China that might have touched an actual end user Switch would be involved in Nintendo's hardware, I have to imagine. There's no way he's getting one of those. Similarly, I don't think a dev kit would look that much like the dummy unit, since it doesn't have to.

But I'm not sure if it's a dummy unit or a fanmade reproduction. Both seem plausible, as Etika's a popular bloke within the Nintendo community as far as I can tell. If it's a dummy unit, it seems really weird that the grips and buttons don't match up. If it's a fanmade reproduction, honestly, it's still pretty weird. They seem to have gotten all the other details correct, so it's not as if whoever made it wasn't paying attention.

Yes, I agree with this conclusion. I don't think there's enough evidence to decide either way if this is a 3D printed fake or a real dummy unit.

No way it has any internals obviously.

Yes, I agree with this conclusion. I don't think there's enough evidence to decide either way if this is a 3D printed fake or a real dummy unit.

The evidence it's fake:

1) It's Etika
2) It's Etika
3) Joy-Con isn't nearly the same size
4) It's not turned on
5) Joysticks appear to have 3D Printed remnants
6) It's Etika

Full images here: https://twitter.com/HMKilla/status/...mpaign=HMKilla&utm_content=798310137194835968

hmk.jpg

CxQqu2FXUAAvI2L.jpg

CxQqvZWWgAApIJZ.jpg

aaaand from Omni

CxRHtBPXcAA1VpS.jpg:large

RootCause

The funniest thing is the picture with the time stamp. Why not just take a picture with the system on if you're that concerned about your credibility. *shrugs*

The evidence it's fake:

1) It's Etika
2) It's Etika
3) Joy-Con isn't nearly the same size
4) It's not turned on
5) Joysticks appear to have 3D Printed remnants
6) It's Etika

Just because it doesn't match up 100% with what we saw in the Switch video doesn't mean this was a 3D printed fake.

It could very well be a dummy/showcase unit from months ago, maybe something Nintendo used to show off the concept to third parties back at E3.

But the fact that it has detachable joycons which slide onto the grip, generating a clicking noise... that makes it either a very, VERY impressive 3D print, which, as we saw last spring isn't necessarily out of the question, or a real dummy/promotional unit. I just don't think there's any way to know for sure until we hear something official.

EDIT: It's obviously not a real, working unit with internal processing. I don't think any people on #TeamReal are claiming that. Maybe Etika is but that's clearly bullshit if so.

ymgve

Well, if it's 3D printed, then whatever, but if it's a stolen dev kit, this guy will be in trouble.

So if he's not in custody in the next few days, it's a fake.

I don't think stolen dev kits come in full retail packaging? And would probably look slightly different anyway.

I wonder if there's someone out there that's trying to make a business out of creating fake Switch consoles and selling to naive buyers. Maybe he think the console is legit because a guy that sold it to him said so.

L Thammy

Was looking at his Twitter to see if he had anything to say about this. It appears that he doesn't, but I did find this funny all considering:

screenshot384c8u2h.png

Also this:

screenshot3854mu31.png

Mehhhh team fake I guess! I dunno, I'm excited just seein someone have a fake one if it's that! I'm practically blacked out on this system for once though, so I can't tell if it's real or not. DOn't know those minor details that are needed to be able to spot out fakes with accuracy.

tookhster

I remember after watching some Pokemon vids this guy did and thinking he was cool, I checked out a livestream of his. And all he did was drink shit and his subscribers would donate shit tons of cash to him. No games at all.

Fuck this dude. No way this is real and I can't fathom how people would think it is. Look at the buttons ffs.

terandle

The LED battery indicators are white. The buttons and sticks look like a cheap knock off. You'll have to do better than this good Sir.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, let's just do the shrug emoji when someone says that here.

I love how certain people get a pass.

You aren't out of touch. It's just as stupid and hypocritical as it always is.
I'm just not going to argue about it since he's obviously not going to change since he's found some success with how he expresses himself. Can people see it as deplorable? Sure, but I'm not going to Tweet at him to cut that shit out.

Man, what a beautiful day that was.
Watching GAF having a meltdown over it was just something else.
Like.. the supermoon of videogames. Rare, yet beautiful to witness.

We learned so much about 3d printing that week.

And yeah, this one is fake too. C'mon, look at the ABXY letters on those buttons. Did he take that font off a cereal box?

Parfait

Yeah, let's just do the shrug emoji when someone says that here.

I love how certain people get a pass.

Are you sure that black people shouldn't say this N word if they want when it's not being used in a racial manner?

As someone who's been called a N word from both a shitty racist angle (on a public train no less) and by close friends, maybe, hm, yes, some people do get a pass?

This thread was like 100 pages

nintendo_nx_fake.0.0.jpg

Even funnier were the people defending the design even though everything was in the way of the screen.
Man the thirst is too much on the switch.

Some people on gaf will defend anything regardless of how shitty it is. (looking at Win10 store)

bomblord1

Banned
Even funnier were the people defending the design even though everything was in the way of the screen.
Man the thirst is too much on the switch.

Some people on gaf will defend anything regardless of how shitty it is. (looking at Win10 store)

I still like the design...

Top Bottom