• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PS's ForwardWorks releasing 5-6 mobile games by March 2018, considering TLG, HS

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Oh cool, Sony can school Nintendo on mobile now too as well.

It'll be interesting to see how they approach it because their IP doesn't have the cultural cache Nintendo's does. Especially in Asia.

I think Hot Shots is their best bet. PowaPro and Rune Story Tennis are Top 10 monthly performers.

Playstation All Stars could find its home finally.

Sony was way ahead of you.

2292721-coca_cola_playstation_island_35934_screen.jpg

WpfWTB7l.jpg

Oregano

I think Hot Shots is their best bet. PowaPro and Rune Story Tennis are Top 10 monthly performers.

Oh yeah, good call. They can do both Tennis and Golf there(and possibly expand to other sports?).

I did think Gran Turismo but I'm not sure if Racing games are actually popular.

Strike

Well, since it's unlikely that we'll see a handheld successor anytime soon (or ever), I'd like to see some of their old IPs on here like LocoRoco, Patapon, Ape Escape, Fat Princess, Parappa, etc.

Evilisk

ggx2ac

Wasn't sure whether to make a new thread.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Sony-to-make-PlayStation-games-for-smartphones?page=1

ForwardWorks, the new subsidiary is headed by Atsushi Morita, president of Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia.

"We will offer five or six games by March 2018 and release their titles by the end of this year," Tomoki Kawaguchi, executive director of ForwardWorks, said at the company's office, which opened in October in Ebisu, downtownTokyo.

"We will utilize SIE's intellectual properties [game assets]," Kawaguchi said. "Ape Escape," "ICO" and other popular games from PlayStation's early days may become available on smartphones.

SIE Japan Studio, SIE's game development unit, will produce games in cooperation with outside developers.

While the domestic market for home-use games amounts to slightly more than 300 billion yen ($2.88 billion), that of smartphone games are estimated at around 900 billion yen. Technological advances have made a wider variety of games playable on smartphones, further stimulating demand.

Famitsu reported that 34.6 million people play smartphone games in Japan, outnumbering home-use game players by more than 10 million and including 18.34 million who play only smartphone games.

ForwardWorks hopes intellectual properties built up over 20 years on PlayStation will help draw the attention of those 18.34 million people to the PlayStation 4.

More at the link.

ggx2ac

Sees ape escape..."dies inside"

Yes, the only thing to read from this:

"We will utilize SIE's intellectual properties [game assets]," Kawaguchi said. "Ape Escape," "ICO" and other popular games from PlayStation's early days may become available on smartphones.

Is the bolded, so it's only confirmed they will use SIE IP's but which I don't know. It is still said in the article that they will announce the titles by the end of the year.

Probably not PSX since the mobile games are Asia focused and not worldwide focused for some reason.

Top Bottom