• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

julrik

New faces -
Cx8dOytXEAA4fZb.jpg
YES! Gabriel Jesus AND Kelechi!<3

LAM09

Online, you mean? I played 2vs2 last weekend

Which was awesome btw. Somehow not at all chaotic. Credit to how they've programmed the AI and the positioning.

Yep, but it supposed to be a dedicated ranked mode that is separate from team lobby. Konami always coy about new features, so we'll just have to wait a few more hours to see what they've come up with.

The new patch messes up the Bundesliga OF a little bit. I had swap teams about again. And the names of the created players have reverted back to their original fake names.

Will new, updated, files be released?

RaginRoss

Posted this over on the WEPES subreddit & PESFan, sticking it here if it's any use for anyone as well:

I own PES 17 digitally on Xbox 1, loaded up the game this morning to a totally different title screen - purple with Neymar's face on it and a large 'Trial Mode' banner. Pressing A would take me to the initial setup menu as if I was loading the game for the first time.

Tried a hard reset of the console and still same - quick search around online and it doesn't look like anyone else has had this happen.

Did a search on the Xbox 1 store - and found 'PES2017 activation key' item that wasn't showing as installed for some reason. Downloaded that and issue resolved.

Someone else on Reddit had the same issue - so not sure if this will happen to all digital Xbox 1 copies or not. Easy to fix, but a strange one - and a bit scary when I thought there was a chance i'd lose my Master League save data after it prompting me to configure everything from scratch!

Edit - Looks like it affects physical copies too - so potentially all Xbox One users will have this. Same fix applies.

I was think of picking this up on PS4 with the Flash! sale. Am I right in understanding that the game is completely editable? So if I'm happy with the game, I should in theory have access to updated rosters and players for as long as the community provides them (or I make them myself)?

GHG

I was think of picking this up on PS4 with the Flash! sale. Am I right in understanding that the game is completely editable? So if I'm happy with the game, I should in theory have access to updated rosters and players for as long as the community provides them (or I make them myself)?

Yes that is correct.

Yen

Saw on Eurogamer that they added retro Liverpool kits with this update. Anyone know if this is just for MyClub or can you use them in other game modes?

tanuki

Anfield looks amazing. It's a shame Konami don't have the resources or licensing to do more stadiums. Also, the fact they probably won't even be able to use Anfield next year (if they decide not to renew the Liverpool license) is a little sad.

PaulLFC

Anfield looks amazing. It's a shame Konami don't have the resources or licensing to do more stadiums. Also, the fact they probably won't even be able to use Anfield next year (if they decide not to renew the Liverpool license) is a little sad.
It's supposedly a 3 year deal with Liverpool.

CaVaYeRo

PS4 Pro patch coming in December, confirmed by Konami.

Captured two PES 2017 Data Pack 2.0 full matches at both Anfield and Signal Iduna Park, as well as a 30+ screen gallery with new stadiums and faces (lol now Neymar is also as blond as Messi even if he switched back IRL, that much he loves Leo):

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/348703/Primer+gameplay+de+PES+2017+Data+Pack+2.0/

BVB tifo looks astonishing (not so sure about their sticky anthem implementation though) and You'll Never Walk alone gives the goosebumps ofc.

A few 1080p from those 30:

RocknRola

That Barça kit is so damn ugly >.>

Looks awesome. Glad they're making an effort to improve & update the game! Since we (fans) can add our own stuff they could probably let that sort of work go forgotten, so good on them!

NHale

So of course the year I don't get day 1 because the game always drops to 17.99 around Black Friday or sooner, is the year the game keeps the price everywhere.

Now I've missed the PSN Store EU sale but I've seen the US PSN Store has it on sale for slightly cheaper with the 10% discount.

So I will be playing with a EU account and considering this ancient Konami what are the problems I'm facing by using a North America version with a EU account. Is it just region specific online? Can I use every the kit patches available freely? Will I be stuck in Konami ID hell?

Thanks. I really feel I can't wait a lot longer for PES this year.

CaVaYeRo

Take a look at that:

legends-barcelona.jpg

That's a damn good list. Some notable players missing from that list: Ronaldo, Romario and Maradona.

Ronaldo was both confirmed and released already, just like Xavi :p

Belletti is missing as well, one of the first we could confirm (and interview) but they didn't have the model done yet by then... neither now it seems hehe.

ty_hot

Played some ML yesterday and realised I was the coach of Chapecoense (the plane crash team =/) :eek: it was a trully wierd moment. Specially when I realized I was in the final of the south american championship against Nacional (it was Nacional-URU, not Nacional-COL, but it was another wierd moment...).

Such sad news. I wonder what will Konami do in their next update, as most of the players are not alive anymore =( (this is ofc the least important of the 'problems' related to the accident but I am curious if they will do so some kind of tribute...)

anyway, as my team is so much better than the others (my starting eleven has everybody 83+, while Brazilian teams are mid-low 70s usually, with very few players getting close to 80) it was not even fun to play anymore, so I decided to just simulate most of the games. Played the first leg of the cups and in case I won by 2 or more goals I would just simulate the second one (which happened in all matches). Won the Cup easily. The southamerican championship I played half of the matches, and was the champion too.

Simulated all BR Championship matches (37 wins, 1 draw...). I only did that to fastforward to the international cup where I played against Barça (no simulation), won 3-0 and got the world trophy. Uhulll. (also got the trophy for winning cup-championship-south american cup).

But wtf, things are so unbalanced. I get all great players via loan from the biggest european clubs. I have Gotze, Aubameyang, Hazard, Draxler, 3 CB that are 87+, Casemiro, Ter Stegen... really, wtf? Which european team would loan their best players to a small brazilian club, with a buy-in clause? lol. It is so easy to get lots of money, you just need to hire the top youth players (in my team they were all 70-72, then after 6 months they will be 74-76 and sell them for 7M euros, which is enough to loan one 85+ player from Europe... meh. Then after a year of loan you can buy them for around 20M... On top of that, when you have great players (I got Dembelé for example when he was 81, now he is 89) the big teams dont try to buy them. I got proposals for Dembele from shit teams from Asia, from other southamerican teams and small english clubs. No Manchester, no PSG, no Real Madri... its bery disapointing. As someone stated a few pages back, when you sell a player to these team you will probably never face him again which would be nice... imagine playing a CL semifinal and the other team CB or CF that used to play for you? that would add some nice atmosphere for that game.

So now that I achieved everything in Brazil I moved to Nice (I want to coach Balotelli haha) and accepeted to be Brazil's coach as well. I will now start the next season (its actually mid season, january), and will change pass/shoot to manual and see how it goes. Hope the fun comes back, because the management part of the game is very easy to master and is surreal. Lets see how long until I win the Frenche league (I'm in 4th place now but I dont expect to be even in the Europa Liga because I am not used to manual passing and shoting.

So of course the year I don't get day 1 because the game always drops to 17.99 around Black Friday or sooner, is the year the game keeps the price everywhere.

Now I've missed the PSN Store EU sale but I've seen the US PSN Store has it on sale for slightly cheaper with the 10% discount.

So I will be playing with a EU account and considering this ancient Konami what are the problems I'm facing by using a North America version with a EU account. Is it just region specific online? Can I use every the kit patches available freely? Will I be stuck in Konami ID hell?

Thanks. I really feel I can't wait a lot longer for PES this year.

I heard online is region locked. The OF I believe you can install in any version as they are just a bunch of jpg / bin files. There is no Konami ID this year.

So I went to load this up today on the X1, and it's been converted into the trial edition. Anyone know wtf is going on?

Edit: Seems the trial edition was automatically installed. Had to go to Manage game and re-install my activation key.

Socreges

Banned
But wtf, things are so unbalanced. I get all great players via loan from the biggest european clubs. I have Gotze, Aubameyang, Hazard, Draxler, 3 CB that are 87+, Casemiro, Ter Stegen... really, wtf? Which european team would loan their best players to a small brazilian club, with a buy-in clause? lol. It is so easy to get lots of money, you just need to hire the top youth players (in my team they were all 70-72, then after 6 months they will be 74-76 and sell them for 7M euros, which is enough to loan one 85+ player from Europe... meh. Then after a year of loan you can buy them for around 20M... On top of that, when you have great players (I got Dembelé for example when he was 81, now he is 89) the big teams dont try to buy them. I got proposals for Dembele from shit teams from Asia, from other southamerican teams and small english clubs. No Manchester, no PSG, no Real Madri... its bery disapointing. As someone stated a few pages back, when you sell a player to these team you will probably never face him again which would be nice... imagine playing a CL semifinal and the other team CB or CF that used to play for you? that would add some nice atmosphere for that game.

So now that I achieved everything in Brazil I moved to Nice (I want to coach Balotelli haha) and accepeted to be Brazil's coach as well. I will now start the next season (its actually mid season, january), and will change pass/shoot to manual and see how it goes. Hope the fun comes back, because the management part of the game is very easy to master and is surreal. Lets see how long until I win the Frenche league (I'm in 4th place now but I dont expect to be even in the Europa Liga because I am not used to manual passing and shoting.
I nurtured this DMF 'Bamber' over a couple seasons, building him up to 83 OPR. Some random club then tries to buy him. Rather than saying No, I increase the fee. They accept, so I increase the fee again. This happens at least 4 times until the offer is 2x his actual market value. So, I accept. Immediate remorse as he was a stalwart in the midfield. But c'est la vie. 1 year later I'm playing in the CL and I get tackled hard by... Bamber! I'd forgotten which club he went to, so it was a cool surprise to see him playing. As you said, adds to the atmosphere. Would have been cool if the commentator AI detected that he'd used to play for me and had mentioned this.

Playing the trial version and enjoy the game but the amount of rebounds scored is a joke, seems like the best tactic is to shoot from anywhere and get rebounds.

Socreges

Banned
Playing the trial version and enjoy the game but the amount of rebounds scored is a joke, seems like the best tactic is to shoot from anywhere and get rebounds.
This isn't true at higher difficulties against reasonably good goalies (especially those with decent Catching and Clearing stats). If anything I'm stunned by how good their hands are sometimes.

GHG

Take a look at that:

legends-barcelona.jpg

That's a damn good list. Some notable players missing from that list: Ronaldo, Romario and Maradona.

Henry!

Damn it, I just spent all my GP in the auction house getting the scouts I needed for Hazard and Vidal. Maybe I should have waited :/

ty_hot

I score rebound goals often, but that is more because I am not good at scoring than because of the goalkeepers. I shoot 20+ per match, usually score between 1-3 goals, very rarely more than that. Ita been like this since the ps2 era haha.

But the GK influence a lot. When playing against 85+ its sooooo much more difficult to score than against a 82 for example. Actually, 2 or 3 rating difference really translates to a significant better player in the pitch, which is really nice. Having a youth player develop is awesome, seeing how he gets better is very rewarding.

tanuki

Wish the Legends were available for offline play without having to try to win them on the myClub loterry; I would love the opportunity to, say, have Henry or Ronaldinho in my Master League team.

mnemonicj

I haven't played this series in a while. I always preferred it's gameplay over the fifa games. I just might download the demo and try it out.

ty_hot

Wish the Legends were available for offline play without having to try to win them on the myClub loterry; I would love the opportunity to, say, have Henry or Ronaldinho in my Master League team.

I believe when you start the ML the game asks if you want to enable the classic teams, maybe they will be there?

Top Bottom