• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

GHG

Blew 300k GP on this agent and I've ended up with Messi, Henry, Sanchez, Pepe, Varane, Overmars, Davids and Puyol. Well, those are the highlights anyway.

To say I'm happy would be an understatement. I'm actually going to attempt to clear this agent this week since I've already got quite a few players in the pool. Will have to release quite a few of my existing players to do it though...

Jingo

The game became unplayable for me since last patch, i usually play lobby team online and the lag was just fine, !now, players are out of position, goal keepers react late, players dominate the ball first and pass later when i want to do quick pass, its a disgrace, im really sad cause i really like this game but its not fun in any way.

Its happening to any of you too?

Okada

The game became unplayable for me since last patch, i usually play lobby team online and the lag was just fine, !now, players are out of position, goal keepers react late, players dominate the ball first and pass later when i want to do quick pass, its a disgrace, im really sad cause i really like this game but its not fun in any way.

Its happening to any of you too?

Not noticed any of this to be honest.

shoplifter

4k patch hit tonight. Unfortunately my KS8000 won't arrive until Friday to test it. It did seem cleaner in 1080p but that could just be my eyes deceiving me.

Afrikan

4k patch hit tonight. Unfortunately my KS8000 won't arrive until Friday to test it. It did seem cleaner in 1080p but that could just be my eyes deceiving me.

hope that works with the free demo. :/

curious to see how it looks before buying the whole game.

Alej

Banned
Owww shit. It looks too good. Like a gen apart. It's fucking crisp and framerate seems better.

It's a night and day difference.

The only improvement is increased resolution. Honestly, the 4k patch is underwhelming like most of the pspro supported games.

You need to see an ophthalmologist. It's crisp like Ratchet crispy. One of the best upgrade i've seen since i have a PRO.

Owww shit. It looks too good. Like a gen apart. It's fucking crisp and framerate seems better.

It's a night and day difference.

You need to see an ophthalmologist. It's crisp like Ratchet crispy. One of the best upgrade i've seen since i have a PRO.
Hmm, yes it's crisp because of the increased resolution. That's what increasing the resolution does. There are no other improvements other than that. No improvements to lod, textures detail, etc. It's just a straight resolution increase and they made us wait till December for this? I thought they were actually going all out.

You also might want to play more pro supported games because this implementation isn't special. It's not even in the same class as ratchet and clank. The hdr implementation in that game is second only to ffxv.

jengo

Was hoping to start up Master League but forgot Galatasaray didn't make it this go around...

Am I to turn to Google like an animal in search of a spiffy option file for my new purchase (PS4)? ;D

CaVaYeRo

Hmm dunno, I'd say it actually looks crisper on 1080p screen now. Also replays and highlights are 60fps now for 1080p screen PS4 Pro users.

Patch is just 172 MB. I downloaded and captured 18 4K png screens (around 10MB each) here:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/352943/Mira+las+primeras+imagenes+de+PES+2017+en+4K/

Dunno if embedding a couple of samples is too much loading?

_1941133b.png

RAIDEN1

Can anyone point me to the most comprehensive options file there is out there right now that would get you everything from the german league, to the spanish/italian, all up-to-date and ready ....no missing teams etc..nothing, anything that also includes the south american and asian teams too..

spwolf

Hmm dunno, I'd say it actually looks crisper on 1080p screen now. Also replays and highlights are 60fps now for 1080p screen PS4 Pro users.

Patch is just 172 MB. I downloaded and captured 18 4K png screens (around 10MB each) here:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/352943/Mira+las+primeras+imagenes+de+PES+2017+en+4K/

Dunno if embedding a couple of samples is too much loading?

it feels better but someone has to compare them directly.

One thing thats very, very obvious is that replays are now crisp... they were very blurry before. It is night and day difference there.

Kazooie

Banned
Having played around 300-400 games of MyClub I would like to say that whatever Konami have done, this game is now as bad as FIFA in terms of scripting/handicap.

Every single game has turned in to me dominating possession and having 15-20 shots, most of which I am through one on one with Bale/Suarez/Ronaldinho or Nolito/Hernandez/Pedro and the opponents keeper will make world class save after world class save. Meanwhile my opponent will have 4 shots and will score 4 with my Bravo/Reina palming the ball in to their own net. Half of the keepers I come up against I know are shit because I have used them my self like Anthony Lopes and Kiko Casilla.

Not sour grapes, I just can't believe they have introduced this when PES 2016 was the fairest online game I have ever played.

Anyone using Steam Controller with this game? Any interesting alternate control schemes?

(like using the right trackpad pad distance from center as metric for manual pass strength/distance, etc)

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Available in the EU PSN January Sale.

I gotta say the Trial version worked on me, although I'm sure its no coincidence the online game limit went from "3 a day" to "1 a day" just before the sale. I am not really good enough to be competitive online, so I guess I'll have to try and improve using the offline modes.

Bought the game for PS4 over Christmas, played a Liverpool Arsenal game and think it's fantastic. I had the gimpy PC version of 2016 and am really impressed with the presentation in the new game. As a Liverpool fan it's fantastic the treatment Anfield has received. Overall everything is just so slick and the gameplay seems great as always. Didn't hurt that I trashed Arsenal 3-0 :DD

(Aside - If I was making a sports game, I think I'd design it so the player always won their first game! Cynical, but better to give an enjoyable first impression ... )

Need some advice though. Last night I started updating the game with kits and teams from PESWorld, with the expectation I could revamp the whole game with the correct information. But after importing a couple of leagues I'm coming up against an imported image limit, which has got me temporarily dismayed and at a loss. I wasn't expecting this, as the PC version was quite happy to swallow an entire update all at once (although I had to wait a while for PES Galaxy to finish creating it).

I'm trying to think this through. I've heard the limit only affects images, so I'll be able to update the rosters etc if I strip the kit images out. Are there any particularly intelligent ways of maximising the ability to import images? Just do the leagues that are most important to me (Prem, Serie A, La Liga)? Are there any leagues where the kits are already relatively close? Or where the existing kits can be easily tweaked to be more convincing, without using up image imports?

Any advice on how to get the most, the most, the most out of this aspect would be really great.

Also how to do I go about deleting imported kit images that I now don't want? I took a very random approach at first because I didn't know about the limit, so I now have Italian second league kits taking up space that could have been used by La Liga ... Simplest just to delete the edit file and start again, or?

Anyway enjoy enjoy enjoy.

Fake edit - just reading a few recent comments recommending other option files, including a 'Best of Everything' file from http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=101268 ... So I might just try that instead. Still would appreciate input on the above. Otherwise see you all around :)

ty_hot

Use the pack that you mentioned, its easy to install and will have lots of content.

I am currently not playing the game because we are between seasons in Brail and I want to play with the updated teams in a few weeks time, even though my Corinthians will br crap. At least it helps make the game more challenging.

Ingeniero

I'm kinda LTTP.
What's the easiest way to rename the English clubs and stadia? I know there's a manual patch but I'm a total noob, I'm on PS4.

Also, what's the best way to play the game solo? Most realistic, inmersive mode?

Thanks in advance.

Here is an unsolicited answer that someone may possibly find useful in the future:

From the PES Gaming Forum 'BoE' option file read me notes / install instructions:

You will need to swap around teams in order to have a full Bundesliga, MLS and J-League. To do this, within the edit mode, find "competition structure", set the fake leagues (PEU, PLA and PAS) to have 18, 20 and 18 teams respectively, and then swap the non-Bundesliga / MLS / J-League teams out of those leagues for the correct teams within the Other Europe / Americas / Asia leagues respectively.

I didn't understand what he meant by the bolded, but since I managed to answer my own question in the process of typing it out, I thought I'd post here.

The PEU League is actually what should become and be renamed the Bundesliga. At 18 teams, and after applying the updates from the above option file, it has 15 genuine Bundesliga teams in it, and 3 that actually belong under 'rest of Europe'. And vice versa, the 'rest of Europe' has 3 Bundesliga teams - so these need to be swapped over:

Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, Schalke
Panathinaikos, FC Astana, (one other that I've now forgotten)

The actual Bundesliga on Wikipedia for reference.

The same applies to certain teams in the MLS / J-League. When I figure them out, I'll update here.

Edit: OK so once again I failed to take note of the exact changes I was making. What will help though is updating all the league names and logos before you get to this part. The download includes a .PNG that lists all the changes, it takes about 30 minutes to do but will ultimately bring the experience screaming to life, and makes this last editing task much easier to do. In the case of the MLS, I found that most of the American teams were listed under 'Other Latin American Teams' and needed to be moved to the newly renamed MLS, swapping for what appeared to be Mexican teams. The J-League and Bundesliga should mostly be in the right place, but 3 or 4 teams will need swapping.

It should be easy enough to identify the German / American / Japanese teams that don't belong where they are, but for a bit of assistance:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Major_League_Soccer_season#Teams
http://www.jleague.jp/en/standings/j1/final/

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Big PES fan now days, mainly play online divisions. If anybody wants some games on xbox sometime my gamertag is BRUTALG N5. Is there any Gaf tournaments or anything set up ?

ty_hot

I started playing it in Manual passing mode (and through ball in manual as well). wow, this is another level of football gaming. Lots more possibilities. I scored 3 goals that I would never score in the automatic (and also lost many that I probably would score hehe). But it just isnt scripted, so different goals may happen. In FIFA I feel that 90% of the goals are scripted, in PES its a lot less, but with manual mode... its perfect.

I am still adapting with the triangle button, but I did some great passes as well. Let's see how I evolve. Gonna play 1 or 2 matches per day to keep improving.

Double D

What did you guys get in your free TOTY spin? I got Iniesta. Turns out I hadn't played in ages so I had a few other free spins in there as well. Got Ronaldinho and Danilo and some other scrub for the rest of them. Not too shabby for free.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Got the game on PS4 since the graphics are better

What is the best OF? And is it easy to setup?

I started playing it in Manual passing mode (and through ball in manual as well). wow, this is another level of football gaming. Lots more possibilities. I scored 3 goals that I would never score in the automatic (and also lost many that I probably would score hehe). But it just isnt scripted, so different goals may happen. In FIFA I feel that 90% of the goals are scripted, in PES its a lot less, but with manual mode... its perfect.

I am still adapting with the triangle button, but I did some great passes as well. Let's see how I evolve. Gonna play 1 or 2 matches per day to keep improving.

I started with manual or advanced stuff switched on, but have scaled it back and scaled it back to being basic basic basic. I just wasn't having any fun at all, could never score, could never pass, could never learn. The last to go was shooting. With advanced on, all that ever happened was my player would sky the ball. Every time, into the stands, from every situation, always.

Got so frustrated, tried reading around for tips, read the manual ... Nothing helped. Couldn't find a way of just shooting normally, at the net. Tried the training mode for a while but still couldn't suss it. The training mode is also really more of a challenge mode, but hey.

So I just put basic back on and have been much happier. Those advanced options really are advanced options imo. I'm very glad they're there for people who really want to take their game to another level, but it isn't for me just yet.

That said ... What a game. My ML team came dead last in the Championship (see scoring issues above), but we've started the new season with a powerful team and are two from two with lots of goals scored. It's just brilliant fun, and I'm loving it. Never played one of these online, is that generally what MyClub is for?

Got the game on PS4 since the graphics are better

What is the best OF? And is it easy to setup?

See my posts above for a good OF that worked well for me.

Double D

^^Have you played FIFA Ultimate Team, or at least have an understanding of that mode? MyClub is the PES equivalent of that. You can play online or offline. Getting into it can be a bit daunting, but it is a lot of fun. Especially given the fact that you probably have some free players sitting in there if you've had the game for a while.

Socreges

Banned
Well I got about 7 seasons into my Master League before my players who I've developed started asking for astronomical figures. Plus all the up and comers are largely recycled vets which takes a bit of the fun out of it. So I've retired for now

Might try my hand at online play...Only I heard it's terrible? Is it lag or what? Are there certain configurations that largely guarantee good experiences?

Lashley

Playing PS4 Pro and the game is so "laggy" the animations look sub 30fps? Games fully updated. The game sometimes drops frame rates when I'm shooting etc and this is offline

Isn't it meant to be locked 60fps?

Lashley

I've changed my TV to game mode and it's helped a little, but still framerate drops when it goes to a cut scene etc

Buttery smooth for me, no issues at all in offline play. Playing on a Pro, but a 720p screen so not sure my experience is a good benchmark :D

^^Have you played FIFA Ultimate Team, or at least have an understanding of that mode? MyClub is the PES equivalent of that. You can play online or offline. Getting into it can be a bit daunting, but it is a lot of fun. Especially given the fact that you probably have some free players sitting in there if you've had the game for a while.

Cheers. Not played Ultimate Team but did have a very brief look at MyClub on PC version of last year's PES. Just curious about dabbling in online play, potentially playing against friends, etc. I'll have a muck about with it maybe this weekend.

Top Bottom