• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Am I fuck pissing on with the OF again, it fucked up anyways in Master League and had Bayern sell all their players as free agents to other teams

ty_hot

I hope Brazilian rosters are accurate, but I am sure we will have very few transfers... I want Jadson to score free kicks...

None, but we can consider Real Ronaldo a Corinthians legend. Also, after that goal against Boca @ Bombonera Romarinho will always be a legend.
I keep trying to sign him in master league but he never wants :(

Lashley

Update hasn't affected my OF.

Why have they added an outdated hairstyle for Firmino though?

Also, if anyone knows a mod for gameplay to make the referees less shit, let me know. Gameplay mods were amazing in PES2015.

ty_hot

20 euros now on the EU PSN. Does anyone know if the saves and the OF will keep working on it if I started on the disc based version? Thinking about jumping in the digital version.

ty_hot

I had forgotten how bad the netcode is for this game. I am playing now after a few months, had 60.000 GP so got a few new players in MyTeam... man, this is soooo laggy. the lag is as big as two touches in the ball while running. you change direction, the player keeps running in the same directon for 2 more touches

aaaaaaarrrghhh

if fifa wasnt so bad compared to this offline...

Lashley

I had forgotten how bad the netcode is for this game. I am playing now after a few months, had 60.000 GP so got a few new players in MyTeam... man, this is soooo laggy. the lag is as big as two touches in the ball while running. you change direction, the player keeps running in the same directon for 2 more touches

aaaaaaarrrghhh

Why would netcode make a difference then? Use FIFA for online and this for offline

spwolf

aaaaaaarrrghhh

problem is if you have to play vs people not close to you... otherwise, it works fine.

ty_hot

Why would netcode make a difference then? Use FIFA for online and this for offline

Because I don't want to have two games that play considerably different... it's 2017 and they HAD to offer a decent online...

problem is if you have to play vs people not close to you... otherwise, it works fine.
And as there are not a lot of people buying and playing it, there are huge odds that you will play with someone far away... So you just need to be lucky, very lucky. I play other games that are not popular and the games are never as bad as PES.

No wonder the game I played now ended 1x1, two headers because that's the only way to score when you can't rely on timing lol. Shame because the gameplay is awesome.

ty_hot

I feel like I am the only one that doesnt have Messi, Neymar or Ronaldo in the game -.-

To be fair I've been playing it online after the last post/complaint and its much better, totally playable... except for one game that started to lag in the last 10 minutes terribly (and I ended up).

I played 6 games yday and today: 3 of them the opposite team had ALL THREE, Ney, Mess and CR. Two times they also had Ronaldinho. And on the other 2 matches they had at least 2 of them.

In my defense I have Ramos 90+, and 1 other CB that is 85 - good, but not good enough against those players. I dont have a single DMF that is more than 82 (I put Obi Miken or F. de Boer to play in that position as I need a good passer). And people just take the ball and send it directly to the attack. I dont even see who thei midfielders are, they are onl passing the ball to the best players which drives me crazy.

Anyway, those have been great games, lost most of them, but were really great. Funny thing, the match that I didnt play against those best players was the one that I played against the best guy (the person). He destroyed me, I couldnt come close to his goal. I usually have 60%+ possession and at least 8 shoots, against him it was 50% and only 2 shots - from faaaar away.

Grassy

This is on sale on psn. Have no real interest in online play, how are the offline modes this year?

I'm into my 7th Master League season so far(so around 350+ games against AI) and I'm still loving it and seeing different goals each game. The gameplay is sublime. I'm using this Option File - http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=101268 which is a compilation of some of the best Option Files out there, and covers literally everything. The Champions League and UEFA Europa League are both officially licensed.

I'm using a team in the Premier League so in my season I have fully integrated Premier League, FA Cup, Community Shield, Champions League/Europa League and Club World Cup games, and if you choose to be an international manager as well(it will give you the option for the country of your nationality, amongst others) you can play World Cup + Qualifiers, Euro Cup, Asian Cup, Copa America etc. depending on the team.

In my opinion it's the best football game of the current and previous generation, and as good or better than any of the PS2-era PES games.

I haven't played a single online game.

Anyone got a download link for custom files? (PS4)

As above, this Option File - http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=101268 covers basically everything, other than having to rename the League/Cup names. There's a bunch of others here as well - http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=400

JP

Picked this up in the sale a couple of days ago, it;s my first Pro Evo since the PS2 days.
I'm into my 7th Master League season so far(so around 350+ games against AI) and I'm still loving it and seeing different goals each game. The gameplay is sublime. I'm using this Option File - http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=101268 which is a compilation of some of the best Option Files out there, and covers literally everything. The Champions League and UEFA Europa League are both officially licensed.

I'm using a team in the Premier League so in my season I have fully integrated Premier League, FA Cup, Community Shield, Champions League/Europa League and Club World Cup games, and if you choose to be an international manager as well(it will give you the option for the country of your nationality, amongst others) you can play World Cup + Qualifiers, Euro Cup, Asian Cup, Copa America etc. depending on the team.

In my opinion it's the best football game of the current and previous generation, and as good or better than any of the PS2-era PES games.

I haven't played a single online game.

As above, this Option File - http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=101268 covers basically everything, other than having to rename the League/Cup names. There's a bunch of others here as well - http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=400

Thanks for that.

The page contains these download links, bear in in that it's been absolutely years since I've dealt with this stuff, which of these should I be downloading for a UK version of the game with all the latest patches? Are they talking about patches to the game or patches to the option file?
PES 2017 BOE Patch Version 2
PES 2017 BOE Patch Version 2 Fix 1
PES 2017 BOE Patch Version 2 for DP2 Update

PES 2017 BOE Patch Version 2 for DP2 - STANDALONE

INSTRUCTIONS:

Whether you had the BOE option file installed before DP2 or not, after DP2 is installed, you need to either reinstall the original BOE v2 and v2 Fix 1, then the BOE v2 DP2 Update - OR install the BOE v2 DP2 Standalone.

brawly

Thanks for that.

The page contains these download links, bear in in that it's been absolutely years since I've dealt with this stuff, which of these should I be downloading for a UK version of the game with all the latest patches? Are they talking about patches to the game or patches to the option file?

Here's what I did:

- downloaded the "STANDALONE" one
- extracted the files, renamed "WEPES1" to "WEPES" and put it on a stick (don't put it into another folder there)
- opened the game, went to edit mode, then "data management" and started importing.

think if you're completely new that's all you have to do. I don't know if it worked, but it's importing. Takes a while.

edit: it didn't work lol

JP

Here's what I did:

- extracted the files, renamed "WEPES1" to "WEPES" and put it on a stick (don't put it into another folder there)
- opened the game, went to edit mode, then "data management" and started importing.

think if you're completely new that's all you have to do. I don't know if it worked, but it's importing. Takes a while.

Ah, thanks for that. A shame that it didn't work.

I'm going to wait until somebody says which one to download as I'm probably not going to have to time to try it for a while anyway.

Grassy

Picked this up in the sale a couple of days ago, it;s my first Pro Evo since the PS2 days.

Thanks for that.

The 'Standalone" download is all you need, there is a readme included which has a step-by-step guide on how to import the file.

Here's what I did:

Did you get it to work? Sometimes if you import too many teams at once it can bug out. Maybe try importing club teams in one batch, then national teams in another. That's what I did and it worked for me.

JP

The 'Standalone" download is all you need, there is a readme included which has a step-by-step guide on how to import the file.
Thank you, I thought it would be that one. Yeah, it mentions the readme in the listing but I didn;t want to start mess around with different downloads until I know which one I needed, it;s downloading now and hopefully I'll be able to have a mess around with it after the Wales match tonight.

I can't believe it's been so long since I've played one of these, sports games aren't really my thing and won't get much use so I do always wait for the prices to drop.

Grassy

Thank you, I thought it would be that one. Yeah, it mentions the readme in the listing but I didn;t want to start mess around with different downloads until I know which one I needed, it;s downloading now and hopefully I'll be able to have a mess around with it after the Wales match tonight.

I can't believe it's been so long since I've played one of these, sports games aren't really my thing and won't get much use so I do always wait for the prices to drop.

can confirm following the instructions in the standalone file worked fine for me, even imported all the stuff together and it worked.

Just make sure you don't use the 'Apply Live Update' option from the menu before or after you've applied the option file/edited data. It will stuff your Master League up - https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/topics/wepes2017_games-15176/

The game is fun and feels so more realistic than Fifa, but boy do I suck at it. I just cant create space, can't beat anyone, only won 1 game in my first 10 lol drew about 7 of em. don't think I've scored more than 2 goals in a game.

spwolf

The game is fun and feels so more realistic than Fifa, but boy do I suck at it. I just cant create space, can't beat anyone, only won 1 game in my first 10 lol drew about 7 of em. don't think I've scored more than 2 goals in a game.

just play... nothing else to it... what mode are you playing?

As to other conversations, I also feel like I am the only one who does not have a Messi or Ronaldo.... i do have quite few other good players, so maybe Messi is only one missing... and a good LB, but does he exist?

ty_hot

As to other conversations, I also feel like I am the only one who does not have a Messi or Ronaldo.... i do have quite few other good players, so maybe Messi is only one missing... and a good LB, but does he exist?
I use Laporte as LB, but I have him for defensive purposes only.

I'm the other hand I can't have any good RB (I have Ramos but I prefer him as CB).

I'm just playing master league. It's just frustrating because if I play on regular I struggle to break down defences and score at all. I put it down to amateur and won my next game 4-0. I wish these games had difficulty sliders rather than just a fixed setting.

I'm just playing master league. It's just frustrating because if I play on regular I struggle to break down defences and score at all. I put it down to amateur and won my next game 4-0. I wish these games had difficulty sliders rather than just a fixed setting.

I've had similar challenges with these games. I don't have any specific links, but I found some good tips by searching Youtube for tutorials. Some of them were very helpful. My defensive game has become much stronger, and while my scoring is still low, I've at least got a few strategies and have better discipline with the ball so a few chances open up.

Nestunt

If I install that referenced option file do I need to keep doing the Live Update to get the January player movements or are they included in the file?

Jingo

The game wont start for me after last update, im playing on ps pro and the game is physical , it starts but blocks , i desinstalled the game and installed again without installing the update and the game runs well, after the update theres no game
For anyone, any help please?

Grassy

If I install that referenced option file do I need to keep doing the Live Update to get the January player movements or are they included in the file?

The transfer updates are all in the Option file. You can do a Live Update before installing the option file, but don't do one after installing the option file as it will mess the teams up.

The game wont start for me after last update, im playing on ps pro and the game is physical , it starts but blocks , i desinstalled the game and installed again without installing the update and the game runs well, after the update theres no game
For anyone, any help please?

There's a bug in the latest patch that prevents the game running in 4K mode that should be patched soon.

Patch1.04.01 issues when playing on PlayStation®4 Pro

It has been discovered that on applying Patch1.04.01 available as of 30/03/2017, the game may freeze when started if played on PlayStation®4 Pro.

An additional patch designed to rectify this issue is due soon.

In the meantime we recommend users affected by this issue to use the below workaround to avoid the issue.
* Select [Settings] → [Sound and Screen] → [Video Output Settings] → [Resolution] and finally [1080p].

We would like to apologise for all inconveniences caused.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/topics/wepes2017_games-16404/

Jingo

Thank you very much, it was funny see that patch with the help inside the game after switching to 1080 , how people would see that? Lol

Griss

God damn it I should have checked neogaf before reinstalling twice then deleting all my save data.

What a shitshow of a patch.

ty_hot

Can anyone recommend a OF that updates NATIONAL TEAM's squads? Tired of seeing Elias and Hulk instead of Paulinho and Jesus in Brazil... I am almost tempted to install a OF with classic teams just because I cant play with the current squads lol does anyone know?

Short question: if I reset myclub, is there a possibility to completely start over and get all the scouts you receive when you first start myclub? I read somewhere that the reset option only removes all aquired players and you do not get the starting scouts. (I'm playing on ps4.)

LAM09

Short question: if I reset myclub, is there a possibility to completely start over and get all the scouts you receive when you first start myclub? I read somewhere that the reset option only removes all aquired players and you do not get the starting scouts. (I'm playing on ps4.)

I think you only get GP as compensation

Top Bottom