• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I considered it, but I feel like Nero could be awesome as DLC. Plus the Sparda Bros. are the most popular of the DMC lot. I also fixed the Asura error (thanks for pointing that out).

Rashid was a fan-favorite & ended up having the best arc in SFV's story, so it's honestly between him & Necalli as the main SFV rep for MvC4 (if it's happening).

I'm not sure what I would add from RE7, but I could swap out Felicia for a rep from RE7.
If there's a fan favorite new character in SFV, it ain't Rashid haha

Jawmuncher

IIRC 36 were announced in Vanilla MVC3, with 38 counting the DLC characters Jill and Shuma-Gorath
Ah im dumb nvm i thought you meant roster

In the initial trailer? I think only six or so.

When MvC3 was announced, they announced 6 characters, 3 for each side. They had Ryu, Chris, and Morrigan for Capcom and Wolverine, Hulk, and Ironman for Marvel. They also released teaser art showing several characters obscured, which I believe were Deadpool, Captain America, Dormammu, Super Skrull, Doom, Dante, Felicia, Trish, Chun Li, and oddly enough Frank West who wasn't actually in MvC3, but instead got in at UMvC3.

Thanks. I was looking for both so I got all the info I needed.

I think I have two semi-realistic rosters. One for if the X-Men/F4 are fair game, one if they aren't. I think I had this drawn up a few months ago for when the ban was in full-swing, but I'll work on another one in a few posts that could show off my guesses for if Capcom isn't limited by studio politics. For now, here's my guesses for if Capcom can't use the Fox characters (I made the limit 50 to be on the optimistic side). Newcomers are underlined.

MARVEL
  1. Captain America
  2. Iron Man
  3. Thor
  4. Hulk
  5. Black Widow
  6. Hawkeye
  7. Captain Marvel
  8. Black Panther
  9. Spider-Man
  10. Ant-Man
  11. Vision
  12. Loki
  13. Thanos
  14. Ultron
  15. Star-Lord
  16. Nova (Richard Rider, Sam Alexander is an alternate costume with unique voice clips by his USM VA)
  17. Rocket Raccoon
  18. Black Bolt
  19. Medusa
  20. Ms. Marvel
  21. Quake
  22. Doctor Strange
  23. Dormammu
  24. Daredevil
  25. Iron Fist

CAPCOM
  1. Ryu
  2. Chun-Li
  3. Rashid
  4. Akuma
  5. Mega Man (Classic)
  6. Zero
  7. Tron Bonne
  8. Leon S. Kennedy (Captain America is now voiced by Roger Craig Smith, who does a similar performance for Chris & Cap, so.....yeah)
  9. Jill Valentine (Revelations)
  10. Albert Wesker
  11. Dante
  12. Vergil
  13. Mike Haggar
  14. Strider Hiryu
  15. Asura
  16. Lute (MH Stories) (if the MH team can get that stick out of their asses, but Lute may be a way around their previous gripes)
  17. Arthur
  18. Viewtiful Joe
  19. Amaterasu
  20. Gene
  21. Phoenix Wright
  22. Morrigan
  23. Felicia
  24. Frank West
  25. Spencer

It'd be interesting to see chris get cut for Leon. Dunno if it would happen. The RE roster for me is the most interesting. Since it could go in any direction. I do think that if Jill came back that she would get her MVC2 move set. Hell I think they would ditch revelations and just full on bring back Stars Jill. Since the REreleases happened so she that design is fresh in people's minds now. I do think wesker isn't going anywhere though. Fills in a much needed villain role and was a fan favorite in 3. So easy hype with his return.

My dream though is for Regina to take MVC2 Jill moveset. She could do so easily.

I would be so mad if stupid Rashid made it in. Also, three Mega Man characters? No RE7 stuff?

With RE7 trying to go for kind of serious and no real characters revealed besides jack baker. I'm curious if they would include anything from that, outside of like "welcome to the family son" fighter titles and such.
Depending on the release and announcement of RE7, the returning character designs could be taken from that game however. Since we know some are to appear. Also there are some unknown characters we run into apparently in RE7.

So more or less, if RE7 makes it in. It's either jack, or someone we haven't seen yet.

Neoxon

If there's a fan favorite new character in SFV, it ain't Rashid haha
Like I said, the general consensus from what I saw was that Rashid had the best arc of SFV, which helped in boosting his popularity. I mean, I could see Capcom using Necalli to fill the void left by Wolverine if he was off the table, but even then Rashid's play-style would translate better to Mahvel.

Tbh I don't want to live in a world with an X-Menless MvC game

Also while I fully expect the roster choices to be influenced by the MCU I'd certainly hope it retains its comic book aesthetic. Leave the movie likenesses to pallet swaps

You'd have to imagine that both sides recognize the importance of X-Men in the games but still......the thought of it is just terrible

Like I said, the general consensus from what I saw was that Rashid had the best arc of SFV, which helped in boosting his popularity. I mean, I could see Capcom using Necalli to fill the void left by Wolverine if he was off the table, but even then Rashid's play-style would translate better to Mahvel.
I think it would be Laura for sure, nobody cares about the story mode in SFV. If best arcs mattered, Abel would have been in MvC3.

U]Lute (MH Stories)[/U] (if the MH team can get that stick out of their asses, but Lute may be a way around their previous gripes)

Man, while I really want a Monster Hunter rep, I'd still rather it be a generic hunter than Lute. I know Lute is basically the work around to the MH team's old complaint about wanting an actual character, and while it might be interesting having a character ride on a baby Rathalos, it still seems off not having something from the main series.

So like 6 marvel characters fighting the whole capcom roster?

Well, they'd just go broad. All of the Guardians are going to be in Infinity War, etc etc. In real terms you're talking:

Captain America, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Falcon, War Machine, Black Panther, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Thor, the Guardians (either as a group or individually)...

Point is, if they chose to hinge this game on the core marvel properties that are now part of the MCU there's a very broad cast they can choose from still, plus a few extras if you want to dive into the TV stuff. I didn't even touch on villains there either. So sure it could work.

Neoxon

Tbh I don't want to live in a world with an X-Menless MvC game

Also while I fully expect the roster choices to be influenced by the MCU I'd certainly hope it retains its comic book aesthetic. Leave the movie likenesses to pallet swaps

You'd have to imagine that both sides recognize the importance of X-Men in the games but still......the thought of it is just terrible
I mean, maybe now that the Marvel-Fox tensions are starting to ease up, the former may be easier to convince, but we'll have to wait & see.

As for the MCU influence, the comics are already adopting the MCU costumes. Though there are special cases like Star-Lord where they recently mixed in his other various costumes into a new one. The one on the left is Star-Lord's MCU design, while the one of the right is his most recent comic book design.
5370058-star+lord.jpg
starlord002-mask-193369.jpg

Tizoc

Laura? Dafuq she sucks ass. Boring character and represents everything wrong with the character designs in SFV.
How would laura's movelist even transition into mvc style?
Rashid seems more plausible esp. With ms. Marvel's popularity now

Seijuro

On the Marvel side I expect them to lean heavily on the MCU side of things and draw the newcomers from the recent movies (or Netflix shows).
But I don't have any idea what new, current Capcom representatives they could come up with. Capcom lacks fitting new characters/games (apart from SF or RE) this gen. Monster Hunter maybe?

Neoxon

Well, they'd just go broad. All of the Guardians are going to be in Infinity War, etc etc. In real terms you're talking:

Captain America, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Falcon, War Machine, Black Panther, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Thor, the Guardians (either as a group or individually)...

Point is, if they chose to hinge this game on the core marvel properties that are now part of the MCU there's a very broad cast they can choose from still, plus a few extras if you want to dive into the TV stuff. I didn't even touch on villains there either. So sure it could work.
As mentioned before, Wanda is a bit of an iffy one since she was impacted by the Fox ban more often than she avoided it (same for Pietro). Though maybe with things easing up, maybe the Maximoffs can get through.

Would anyone want to see groot
I sure as hell would.

On the Marvel side I expect them to lean heavily on the MCU side of things and draw the newcomers from the recent movies (or Netflix shows).
But I don't have any idea what new, current Capcom representatives they could come up with. Capcom lacks fitting new characters/games (apart from SF or RE) this gen. Monster Hunter maybe?
There's also Asura.

I mean, maybe now that the Marvel-Fox tensions are starting to ease up, the former may be easier to convince, but we'll have to wait & see.

As for the MCU influence, the comics are already adopting the MCU costumes. Though there are special cases like Star-Lord where they recently mixed in his other various costumes into a new one. The one on the left is Star-Lord's MCU design, while the one of the right is his most recent comic book design.
Yeah that looks fine, and is more what I'm expecting for those characters. Comic designs informed by the films, rather than just trying to recreate the cinematic versions or something

C.Viper better somehow stay in. She was already a Marvel character in SF4 and she translated perfectly into 3. Only ones that could be like that are Juri and Rashid.

Jawmuncher

They have a chance to add some old favorites to get hype growing for potentially new products. Throw Regina in there, get gene and asura

Neoxon

Another thing about Rocket, Marvel has made him a decent bit bigger in the comics & the MCU. You guys think Capcom would follow suit in their interpretation of Rocket? Obviously his design may change to be more in line wth the MCU.

Mugy

C.Viper better somehow stay in. She was already a Marvel character in SF4 and she translated perfectly into 3. Only ones that could be like that are Juri and Rashid.

This game cannot exist without Cyclops, and since some people once told that C.Viper took the Optic-blast from him, well, i don't want her.

I rather have Necalli instead of Rashid.

I-hate-u

How would laura's movelist even transition into mvc style?
Rashid seems more plausible esp. With ms. Marvel's popularity now

Grapplers are generally not that good but Laura has some moblity options which might work.

Rashid tho, the dude has Mahvel-esque cross ups and combos in SFV already.

Tizoc

Grapplers are generally not that good but Laura has some moblity options which might work.

Well it mvc4, should it happen, alters up the gameplay i could see laura fitting in but rashid feels a far more possible choice

Neoxon

Why wuld a new mvc need, specifically, an sfv rep when they could just have 4-5 sf characters?
Because SFV is the newest Street Fighter game, I'd be shocked if it didn't get a rep in MvC4 (assuming that it's happening). Rashid would be one of those 4-5.

This game cannot exist without Cyclops, and since some people once told that C.Viper took the Optic-blast from him, well, i don't want her.

I rather have Necalli instead of Rashid.
Then we better hope that Marvel had their change-of-heart about Fox before consulting Capcom (if this rumor is true).

He's already pretty fun to watch in SFV.

Kouichi

Rashid is definitely going to be one of my most requested characters if this gets announced. He's my favorite character in SFV, and his moveset would fit perfectly into the crazyness of the Marvel series.

Even with the movie situation I have a hard time seeing no Xmen characters get in, same with Deadpool.

Also I wouldn't be prediciting 50 character rosters, I'd expect like 20-30 at launch with plans to add more ala SF5 and KI3. Perhaps characters would come in pairs ie first dlc set is Jill and Shuma like we saw in mvc3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom