• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

"You see? I'm no Shadow." announced Vanguard, his Persona still lingering in the air.

Panic and chaos ensured. If Vanguard wasn't a Shadow, who was...?

Left and right, everyone began to argue. Mas chaos ensured, before a lone voice spoke up.

"CALM THE HELL DOWN!" shouted exmachina64.

Unfortunately, what resulted was not the peaceful conclusion he had hoped for.

All the Persona users had turned on him, instead, and beaten the living crap out of him.

But before his life had been extinguished, his sunglasses fell off, revealing that he was no shadow.

*two hours later*

An ambulance came by, as exmachina was rushed to the hospital.

Oh that exmachina thought he could get order.

But instead there was only disorder.

Beaten to an inch of his life.

All he got was a ton of strife.

And now he lays all alone

In a hospital bed, as he moans.

exmachina64 has died

"Welcome to the Velvet Room.

My name is Igor, and I am delighted to make your acquaintance. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter... It is a place where those with a special power may home their ability.

You, my dear, are gifted with the power of a Persona. This means you are aligned with the your fellow Persona users in the Town

With your powers together, you have the ability to vote and remove those who would threaten your town.

But take heed of the Shadows that approach, for they threaten to destroy everything you hold dear. Find your fellow Persona users, and make use of your bonds to draw back the Shadows.

My time is running short. However, dreams are a gateway to your future, and there is endless possibility stretched out before you.

'til we meet again..."

Day 4 Starts:

red_1481058000.png

End of day vote count:

starsketch (0)
exmachina64 1357 (1713)

plop (1)
flatearthpandas 1416

franconp (1)
franconp 1437 (1441)
zippedpinhead 1624

ii-vanguard-ii (0)
natiko 1509 (1676)
plop 1646 (1661)
wherearemahdragonz 1652 (1709)

zippedpinhead (2)
matt attack 1550
11037 1637
plop 1661 (1717)

blackbuzzard (2)
wherearemahdragonz 1709
ii-vanguard-ii 1712
exmachina64 1713 (1732)
starsketch 1714 (1719)
natiko 1715 (1740)

exmachina64 (3)
plop 1717
starsketch 1730
exmachina64 1732

Remember to get your night actions in an hour before the day starts.

Starting from day 4, day phases will last 3 days, and nights will last 2.

It's been awhile since you've been here.

More computers laid destroyed, certainly, but the Velvet Room was the same shade of blue it always has been. It was like an abyss, trapped outside the flow of time. Almost forever unchanging.

Almost, anyhow.

In the center, Igor stared forward at you, as you took your place in the middle of the office.

"We meet again..." came his high pitched voice from behind his unnatural looking grin.

"As you can see, the power of a Persona is vast. It has already protected one of your allies, and it will continue to protect you in the forthcoming days..."

"However, be wary of the oncoming storm. It's shadows loom over the horizon, and threaten to engulf all that get in the way...."

Igor's grin did not widen this time, and behind the grin, it almost looked as if he was worried.

"If you can weather the harshness presented before you.... then the truth shall known to all. Do not fret, for your Persona shall protect you from even the harshness of nature."

The walls began to stretch, this time joined by the floor, and Igor became further and further away. He left only parting words, as the bright light covered everything just like before.

"We will meet again..."
---------------

You awaken in a daze. Sirens could be heard from outside. Quickly regaining your composure, you look outside at the world in front of you. Dark clouds covered the sky, almost as if it was going to rain.

You wondered for a second if this was the storm that Igor had mentioned. Could his warning have been literal? The winds began to pick up...

Curious what those sirens about, you turn on the news. A news report broadcasting a breaking story was all over every channel.

Apparently, a body had been found hung from the power-lines.

Franconp's body.

Butterflies turn over in your stomach at the broadcast before you. Realizing that you would need to talk about this with your fellow Persona users, you grab a hold of your sunglasses and your cellphone, and quickly make your way out the door.

Why the sunglasses when there's not even a sun out? Who knows, they might come in handy.

Franconp has died

"Welcome to the Velvet Room.

My name is Igor, and I am delighted to make your acquaintance. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter... It is a place where those with a special power may home their ability.

You, my dear, are gifted with the power of a Persona. This means you are aligned with the your fellow Persona users in the Town

With your powers together, you have the ability to vote and remove those who would threaten your town.

But take heed of the Shadows that approach, for they threaten to destroy everything you hold dear. Find your fellow Persona users, and make use of your bonds to draw back the Shadows.

My time is running short. However, dreams are a gateway to your future, and there is endless possibility stretched out before you.

'til we meet again..."

Day 4 begins

Day Ends:

bla_1481317200.png

Majority is 7

Verelios

Damn, Franny you'll be avenged. Let's start with saying hi Septimus, glad to have you. Take awhile and give your thoughts.

After that, yesterday was a right cluster fuck. I'm going back to understand just how this happened as it was in full swing by the time I came in. Who was the first person to comment on EX using Bus as a reason for lynch, where did Hyper go, why is it that we opted for shooting in the dark with flips that would tell us, well, nothing.

Verelios

Come on, really?

I believe you just committed the same mistake that got TheExodu5 lynched. You used the term bus which (from my understanding) is only used by the scum team to signify scum sacrificing scum or piling on with others. Something like that.
Well, well, am I suspicious? I'm moderately suspicious. Do I have proof? Not enough, no, though I'm currently not feeling the best about Natiko.

God damn it.

Yesterday sucked. Last night sucked.

I was ready to lynch Vanguard and led the fucking charge against exmachina. Obviously my reads are shit and I should never be listened to.

Depressing.

Well, well, am I suspicious? I'm moderately suspicious. Do I have proof? Not enough, no, though I'm currently not feeling the best about Natiko.

To be fair the "not this shit again" was in response to Natiko pulling this card, but then I realized where he was coming from with it.

But that's why I decided to check him over someone else.

Verelios

...oh it was Exodus who said that. I Forgot for a bit there, and thought it was someone else.

Hmm.
Then who did you think said it, must've been someone heavily contested day 1, no?

Fuck it.

unvote
Walk me through this...why did you unvote BB
vote: exmachina64
And then vote Exmachina without reason. It's not as if you posted wavering thoughts, but more like it happened very suddenly. Very...opportunistic.

Hi Septimus.

I know i slept through the end of the day and can't really complain but what in the fucking fuck. Exmachina was so clearly town it took me longer a day of shock to even read through that disaster.

Vote: StarSketch

Then who did you think said it, must've been someone heavily contested day 1, no?

Walk me through this...why did you unvote BB

And then vote Exmachina without reason. It's not as if you posted wavering thoughts, but more like it happened very suddenly. Very...opportunistic.

...The unvote isn't wavering enough for you?

I have a tendency to forget things in the rapid shuffle of these games, especially ones with 4 day long day phases. Day 1 happened what, 2 weeks ago?

And now I've gotta spend another 3 days getting chased again, with poor results. Joy.

Alright then, I can't say anything because I wasn't there, but I'm still gonna say

WTF happened yesterday that you guys lynched the most confirmed townie????

Like, there are serious judgement issues there if those who voted for exmachina are town

Natiko

Banned
Oh, and natiko for starting this bs, but at least he didn't act on it
I pointed out something concerning then stated that I didn't think it was enough to act on. I only unvoted to prevent a no lynch. Had exmachina not voted for himself this could have been avoided.

Plop led that bs charge, starsketch tried to quietly jump on it. BB at least has the survival excuse, and who knows what exmachina himself was doing

Sketch and plop look TERRIBLE right now, also, sketch is still alive.

Verelios

...The unvote isn't wavering enough for you?

I have a tendency to forget things in the rapid shuffle of these games, especially ones with 4 day long day phases. Day 1 happened what, 2 weeks ago?

And now I've gotta spend another 3 days getting chased again, with poor results. Joy.
Yes, okay and expect it in that order.
...So, if you weren't ok with the BB train, but not the Exmachina one either, what were you ok with?
I would be okay with a PK lynch, a Star lynch (all that info we got!) or any other reasonably argued lynch candidate. Surprise, surprise though, you're still up and kicking after yesterday and probably today.

I was wrong on franconp, so I'll have to review my possible pairings significantly. Scum shouldn't have protection against a tracker with the stealth kill gone (although they would know of a tracker/watcher being in the game), so not going after sketch is a really terrible move

Fine, whatever.

Vote: StarSketch

I'm done.

Mods, can we just turbo me and start the next day phase since Town needs to stop wasting time if we want to win this?

Vanguard and sketch are the last of the exmachina train from day 1.

FEP, PK, verelios (sorta?), and I remain from the theexodu5 vote.

Natiko, plop, verelios (sorta?), Matt attaxk, WAMD, blaxkbuzzard, and Septimius prime all voted for an alternative target.

Analysis: Sketch looks sketchy as fuck right now, probably.my vote today barring craziness.

I'm unsure of the theexodu5 vote, but 4/7or8 is quite a lot, and the high number of alternative votes left makes me think this group is probably safe

The high number of alternative voters still alive (all of them in fact) makes me think that of scum were keeping day 1 in mind, the 4th scum would be in that group. Of the 3 main groups from day 1, it's the largest and safest to hide in

Sketch, it's not happening. Of you're town, you can keep trying to argue your case or find connections so that if you are town we can look at your reads trusting the person behind it

Even if you're admitting to be scum right now, we should still discuss and give everyone time to check in

PK Gaming

R.I.P franconp, you were a damn useful town

Sketch, it's not happening. Of you're town, you can keep trying to argue your case or find connections so that if you are town we can look at your reads trusting the person behind it

Even if you're admitting to be scum right now, we should still discuss and give everyone time to check in

He's absolutely right.

You want to kill yourself so that we can focus on finding the real scum, but don't you realize how counterproductive that is? It's clear that you want to win, but your actions are literally making it easier for scum to win. So calm down. Take a deep breath if you have to. It's not the end of the world if someone puts a vote on you. We have a much higher chance of winning if rationally think this through rather than recklessly lynching you... Not to mention you've got an amazingly useful power.

tumblr_mitbamryEg1qh9y1co1_1280.jpg

Trust me. I've believed in your innocence from the very beginning, and that hasn't wavered at all. No matter what happens, I believe in you being Town. So cheer up, raise your head up high, and keep fighting.

We can win this thing together. And that goes for all of you. No matter what happens, we've got this! There can't be that many scum members left. Just gotta keep a cool head and push forward.

The major issue with looking at day 1 votes is that 2/3 of the exmachina64 voters who are dead were lynched, and the other was an active town leader, almost all of the theexou5 voters were active, and most of the alternative voters have had a lower level of activity, barring probably plop and natiko.

Oh wait add 11036 to that list of alternative votes.

Looking at yesterday's votes alone (notice word choice here natiko&plop), the main one that stands out to me from that group is plop.

As for pure gun to my head statements on the other players (NOTE: that means operating on a mix of memory and gu):

FEP- safely town
Natiko- leaving town on after a period where I was unsure about earlier town read

Matt Attack - has stepped it up, generally posts in very dense posts, but that actually makes me less comfortable with giving him a town read without parsing through them well. For now slight town???

Il-vanguard-il - makes me feel uneasy. I'm wary of this just being because others have repeatedly brought him to as a suspect, but I'm pretty sure I'm also operating on my memory of his posts right now. Lean scum

WAMD- generally a very direct, only posting when they want style. Gut reading as town.

Verelios - town read for earlier reason of not acting to save scum

11037 - makes me feel uneasy off tone of posts, slight scum read

Zippy- complete null right now

Plop- his day 3 incarnation and even 2 to a certain extent feel scummy, but his early day 1 had led me to a solid town read. If I think about it right now, I'm not sure if those early posts couldn't also be from a scum player, but I'm worried about it being recency bias. Scum read, light one though

Star sketch is 95% scum

Oh yeah PK - early strong town read, but I suppose I can see him as the most likely scum from the group that voted theexodu5. Still a town read

If there is a neutral in play, I'm slightly concerned as to why he hasn't had to reveal by now, generally neutrals don't get too far without having to reveal in my experience XD.

If not, I'll assume that I should operate on the idea of a 5 person weaker scum team, although my gut sorta disagrees

We can probably safely put away the possibility of a second killer acting on night 1. Either a scum with a double kill power scum was under threat on day 1 (doubtful given style being the go to lynch for day 2), or ty4on died investigating someone he thought was solidly town (although we need to be sure that we apply the day 1 end results to his reads list, as ty4on strikes me as the sort of person who would have thought over his reads list after day end again )

Hyper, vanguard is an innocent child confirmed by mods. I'm sure you'll read through yesterday eventually but maybe sooner is better.

Oh yeah that happrbrd, I remember seeing that now

OK let's not lynch vanguard now, k?

Actually wait holy shit what even was last night's kill hahahahaha at least killing the confirmed townie over sketch I could maybe somewhat understand, but neither being dead when any protective roles would've had to gamble looks even worse for sketch

My vote was stupid. Exmachina said something that made me think he'd slipped up, then I went in search of evidence to support a narrative rather than accepting what I already knew.

Then he said he was scum and I didn't know if it was sarcasm or what, and then he voted for himself and everything was happening so fast and time was running out.

There was no scumminess behind my vote. Just stupidity.

Oh yeah that happrbrd, I remember seeing that now

OK let's not lynch vanguard now, k?

Actually wait holy shit what even was last night's kill hahahahaha at least killing the confirmed townie over sketch I could maybe somewhat understand, but neither being dead when any protective roles would've had to gamble looks even worse for sketch

Or scum knows we're champing at the bit to lynch her, so they aren't going to kill her for us.

Or scum knows we're champing at the bit to lynch her, so they aren't going to kill her for us.

So they also leave the confirmed town alive? Or perhaps, after being down 2 by night 3, they decide keeping a tracker who at the very least would have confirmed that someone didn't confirm last night's kill was worth it?

I am forgetting the whole franconp bit being able to vote thing really helped his case, but star still seriously bothers me now. Now that the day hasn't just started, I'm willing to give her a shot, bit she's still my likely vote

Top Bottom