• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACE COMBAT 7 PSX 2016 trailer

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
If Razgriz makes a cameo in this game, I might cream myself a little.

EDIT: Or Mobius 1 for that matter.

raven777

official key visual
wallpaper_1920x1080.png

they are distributing wallpaper for the key visual in the official site
http://ace-7.bn-ent.net/popup_wallpaper.html

If it's post 2020 there's gonna be some references to Razgriz and the Circum-Pacific War, potentially fallout from the reveal of Belkan infiltration.

Also DualShockers have done a couple previews on AC7 from PSX, where Kono mentioned their will be Pro benefits but haven't completely determined them yet. Also mentioned that Non-VR and VR content are being developed essentially separately, with VR being focused on locked (naturally) 60FPS while non-VR is focused on 1080p presentation. I don't think this means it wont be targeting 60fps on non-VR, but rather theres more premium placed on prsentation that justifies some occasional slowdown, which is not acceptable in VR

Randam

I know these are just aircraft shooter games, but I don't know..
5 and Zero and also 4 and 6 are very special games for me.
you don't get games like these very often.
the stories, the characters, the soundtrack. truly special.

this video still gives me chills everytime I watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWRdMX1VaZA

can you play 4, 5 and Zero on ps2 emulators yet?
last time I tried 4 the plane was just 1 big black texture.

I would definitely say that it has a similar tone to 4 and 5, because the person who is working on the script is Katabuchi-san, who wrote the script for 4 and 5. Of course, there are going to be different perspectives that we’ll explore in the cutscenes, so we have got backstories of the different parties at play in this fictional world. And we also take a look at the theme of war in general, kind of taking a step back and examining what that means.

“Unlike Assault Horizon, as far as numbered titles go, it’s been ten years since the last one has been released, Ace Combat 6. I wanted to keep in mind the fictional world that has been established through the previous numbered games, that the fans fell in love with, because it is a sort of flagship representative version of all that Ace Combat should be.

At the same time, what the fictional world allows us to do, is to have – you might have seen it in the trailer – this orbital elevator, as well as cutting-edge weapons that wouldn’t really exist in the space of reality.

So it is a very “accommodating” world, so to speak. But it allows us to do it wit a sort of sense of reality, it’s not completely out there to the point that it doesn’t seem at all realistic. It’s a balance with fiction with experimental weapons and massive airship carriers.”

He also mentioned that when he approached Sunao Katabuchi for the game, he actually didn’t think he would have time, as he was working on a movie. Initially, he just asked if Katabuchi-san could recommend someone for the job. When the writer responded that he wanted to work on Ace Combat 7 as well, he gave Kono-san the confidence bring back Strangereal while doing it justice.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12/05/ace-combat-7-return-strangereal-reason/

mcz117chief

AC fans also should get excited for this:

Is the gameplay fixed too? I recently played it on my PSOne and it plays like absolute garbage. Ace Combat 2 on the other hand plays completely fine, just like all the other Ace Combat games ever released but 3 is just so insanely floaty and unresponsive, I couldn't play more than 1 mission at a time. So boring, lifeless and barely functional.

I know these are just aircraft shooter games, but I don't know..
5 and Zero and also 4 and 6 are very special games for me.
you don't get games like these very often.
the stories, the characters, the soundtrack. truly special.

this video still gives me chills everytime I watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWRdMX1VaZA

can you play 4, 5 and Zero on ps2 emulators yet?
last time I tried 4 the plane was just 1 big black texture.

5 and Zero run very well on the latest build of PCSX2 now, just need to fiddle some settings.

raven777

Famitsu has few info from the interview

-Story is set approximately 10 years after AC5
-As for VR, initially they were just going to add VR feature in the main game but it didn't work out. So currently there is 2 seperate development pipeline: one for the main game and one for the VR version. Summer Lesson's Tamaki producer is also helping them out.
-Visually, the game will feel similar to 5, but in terms of taste it might be closer to 4.
-development is about 50% complete

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20006237.html

AmyS

-As for VR, initially they were just going to add VR feature in the main game but it didn't work out. So currently there is 2 seperate development pipeline: one for the main game and one for the VR version. Summer Lesson's Tamaki producer is also helping them out.
-Visually, the game will feel similar to 5, but in terms of taste it might be closer to 4.

Excellent news.

I sincerely hope that there will be additional DLC for VR, if not both the main game and the VR version.

Not sure if this was posted... short off-screen video of the VR demo on PSX

https://youtu.be/mI3EJ96NZA0

Not seen that, thanks for posting it!

DMNBT

Neo Member
Is the gameplay fixed too? I recently played it on my PSOne and it plays like absolute garbage. Ace Combat 2 on the other hand plays completely fine, just like all the other Ace Combat games ever released but 3 is just so insanely floaty and unresponsive, I couldn't play more than 1 mission at a time. So boring, lifeless and barely functional.

Huh? Unless the US version of AC3 has vastly different controls to the JP version, I find it to handle better than AC2 except for some fiddly planes (Mostly Neucom ones)

10 years after AC5 is 5 years after AC6, Nagase is probably a guarantee, and so are im@s planes. Yayoi, as always, is best.

Which was the Ace Combat with 'Yellow Squadron', and the 'story' was told basically through third party observation of your battles from people on the ground?

That was the last time the storyline in these games even attempted coherence. :LOL:

AmyS

So I guess the soonest it might be released, maybe very late 2017. Probably early 2018 though.

What are you guys guessing?

glaurung

So I guess the soonest it might be released, maybe very late 2017. Probably early 2018 though.

What are you guys guessing?
February 2018 is my guess.

But I am real glad that this gets a non-VR mode all to itself. I know VR is good, but the fidelity isn't quite there yet.

Always kinda wondered from this moment

How would you guys feel if Ace Combat ever had another instance of getting shot down behind enemy lines
but actually had it as a mission in 3rd person on foot and you had to escape?
(it also wouldn't be advertised or hinted at all, just suddenly an on foot section and then never again in the story)

Though multiplayer I could see on foot being a cool addition if they kept helicopters and mp was AH style.
Specially if you got shot down(enemy technically gets the kill) but a teammate in a Blackhawk or Hind would get great points for rescuing downed pilots.

Razgriz please,
Blaze(don't care how)or Nagase at the absolute minimum.
Bartlett too.

mcz117chief

Huh? Unless the US version of AC3 has vastly different controls to the JP version, I find it to handle better than AC2 except for some fiddly planes (Mostly Neucom ones)

I don't have the US version, I live in Europe. Every plane I flew so far is super slow to do anything and even when it does turn it takes a long time for the direction of the flight to change, you can almost fly sideways.

How would you guys feel if Ace Combat ever had another instance of getting shot down behind enemy lines
(it also wouldn't be advertised or hinted at all, just suddenly an on foot section and then never again in the story)

In short, no.

Otherwise, noooooooooooooooo. Ace Combat is about planes, jets, corny dialogue, and superweapons.

Not helicopters, not on-foot sections, not expressly on-rails, not a cinematic experience.

jett

D-Member
Always kinda wondered from this moment

Though multiplayer I could see on foot being a cool addition if they kept helicopters and mp was AH style.
Specially if you got shot down(enemy technically gets the kill) but a teammate in a Blackhawk or Hind would get great points for rescuing downed pilots.

Razgriz please,
Blaze(don't care how)or Nagase at the absolute minimum.
Bartlett too.

It would probably play like garbage so no thanks.

jett

D-Member
wasn't this playable at PSX? where are the gameplay videos?

Off-screen videos are a dying breed. If IGN/Gamespot aren't provided with a demo and/or footage directly from the publisher, they don't lift a finger. I think Gamersyde is the only website that consistently provides them.

Anyway, raven777 posted a short vid up above.

Pachimari

Wow, I found Ace Combat 3 to be the most entertaining one back in the day. It was more responsive and faster than AC2.

I think I missed out on 5 and Zero though.

Top Bottom