• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

SeanC

Question about Ebay Flash Sales (those $15 off $60 or more coupons). How do you get notified when those happen? Do I just sign up with my email on the Ebay Deals page?

I just keep an eye on slickdeals.com or dealnews, they usually keep things up to date on current online deals like ebay coupons etc...

dankir

Civil War Antman and Scarlett Witch by Hot Toys were just released.

Saw this on Facebook.

15380411_1156765057737952_5514677960157823857_n.jpg

Question about DBZ S.H.Figuarts,
Does a character like Videl seem remotely possible(normal or Saiyawoman)?
or heck even a Bulma.

I really want to start getting them but something like that is either all my favorite characters or none.
I still have the line from the early 2000's with literally everyone but im wanting an upgrade.

a few pics from Palace Kanazawa model exhibition:

New Hope Solo
MMhZOZO.jpg

4wISzVX.jpg

New Hope Chewie
oi8ZpEy.jpg

aWYxQ0f.jpg

First Look!!!
Bandai Chogokin VF-31F Delta 02 Messer
iVsuI2g.jpg

km28Udy.jpg

Good Smile Company
eIVZRYd.jpg

qTAyTOm.jpg

xNGZ8S5.jpg

mYYoAZp.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
There are some great Marvel Legends prices right now.

I got Silk, Hobgoblin, Electro, and both Ultimate Spider-Mans for $61 total.
Also finished off my Absorbing Man BAF for $9.75 average per fig.
At Walmart.com.
Iceman is a little over $6 on Amazon.

BBTS is killing me right now. Just shipped out HT War Machine Mark I and Deadpool, then I get a notice today for my two Black Series Revan figures and the DCC Batwing.

SeanC

My Figuarts Leo came in from that B&N deal and man...these really are the best Turtles figures, aren't they?

Whelp, I'm in it now, getting all of them.

KingV

There are some great Marvel Legends prices right now.

I got Silk, Hobgoblin, Electro, and both Ultimate Spider-Mans for $61 total.
Also finished off my Absorbing Man BAF for $9.75 average per fig.
At Walmart.com.
Iceman is a little over $6 on Amazon.

I almost grabbed both Spidey waves but I have spent too much on toys recently, so just grabbed venom and hobgoblin (the only two I'm really dying for anyway).

Rootbeer

Banned
I had to pick up Figuarts Chewie to go with my Figuarts Han. Both look pretty good. Some are saying Chewie looks a bit on the small side though. I'll have to fudge it. Pose han in a crouching stance might help.

Messi

Joker got delayed on Sideshow

Dear Messi,

Thank you for your pre-order of the The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version) Sixth Scale Figure - Suicide Squad - Hot Toys (902769)!

We are writing today to inform you that we have recently received information from Hot Toys. We originally expected delivery of this item into our warehouse Dec 2016. However, with the updated information provided to us by Hot Toys, we are now expecting your item to arrive into our warehouse Feb - Mar 2017.

We apologize for the delay but we wanted to make sure we kept you updated on your item's status. Should you need to make any adjustments to your pre-order as a result of this information, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.

:/

Guys I got a crossroads here....

The Sam Gideon Vanquish Play Arts Kai is going at 100 dollars USD on eBay right now. It's one of my favorite designs of a character and I know Play Arts go for that price for that now (which is absurd) but as far as after market prices go.....I don't know man, I kinda want it.

Am I stupid for this? Someone tell me please if this wise objectively speaking. And don't buy it pls lol

So cal people, any of you ever go to the Bluefin warehouse sale? Are they worth attending? Happening this weekend.

http://news.toyark.com/2016/12/05/bluefin-holding-special-warehouse-sale-southern-california-232455

bluefin-sale-products-final-928x483.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/events/1816637018611491

I mean, if I can grab a cheap Comicave Igor armor and a Freddy Mercury...goddamn. They got $30 mystery bags with $85 worth of stuff. Any insight would be appreciated. Especially since it sounds like I have to get up ass early to even get a good spot in line if they open at 8am,

Replicant

Guys I got a crossroads here....

The Sam Gideon Vanquish Play Arts Kai is going at 100 dollars USD on eBay right now. It's one of my favorite designs of a character and I know Play Arts go for that price for that now (which is absurd) but as far as after market prices go.....I don't know man, I kinda want it.

Am I stupid for this? Someone tell me please if this wise objectively speaking. And don't buy it pls lol

It doesn't look that great to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tnKOWqUjcQ

But then again I hate PAK's quality. I got their Adam Jensen's 'figurine' and it looks more like kid's cheap toy than an actual figurine worth $100 and above. I mean, when you're outclassed by Figma, which is supposed to be a moderate budget line, you know you're in deep shit.

YMMV though.....

Jyn, K2, and Krennic are the must haves from the Rogue One line for me. If they decide to do the whole team and the movie blows me away I'll reevaluate but I know I need those three.

Tom_Cody

SHF Anakin Skywalker
oz7enpE.jpg
It will be mine. It's going on my shelf right next to my Episode 2 Obi-Wan.

I just wish I could get a Qui-Gon Jinn to pair with my Episode 1 Obi-Wan.

Sorry to be a nerd, but those are Phase 2 Clone Troopers (Episode 3) but everything else in the display is based off the first battle of the Clone Wars on Geonosis

SeanC

PSA: Barnes and Noble have a 25% off anything coupon, so if you're looking to get some figures that's a pretty nice discount. Getting the Donatello to go with my Leo. Deal is on their front page.

Huh the deluxe comes with the Poncho? guess that's the version I'm getting then.

Yeah I'm not big on this new thing they're doing with the regular and deluxe figures. Every once in a while was fine but now it's becoming a thing and I don't think they ever include enough in the deluxe to warrant the price, but it's always something I want.

Here is what I hate about 1/6th scale figure collecting. Anything or any accessory that cannot be displayed over long periods of time. For example:

Anything with batteries. Any real collector is going to tell you that you shouldn't leave batteries in your figures for fear of acid leaking. It's a pain in the ass to put batteries in and out for most of these things anyways. Until batteries in the base can power figures, they should do without them and cut the cost. They won't though, it's probably cost them $5 to design an electronic feature and they charge us $50 for it. I never once put batteries into my talking/light up Vader yet, I payed close to $70 for these features. Light up sabers are cool for photography but just as easy done in photoshop without having to install batteries and new arms.

The only example I own is Rey but in the instructions, it's says to not leave her scavenging head wrap on for prolonged periods of time due to the material messing up the paint app. Reading that right there eliminated any chance of ever trying that. I liked the look too but it's not worth the risk for me to even try it a few days.

Don't get me wrong, I know some people enjoy these features but going by the majority of people I see at SideshowFreaks, not many people are displaying with these features either. It's like we're paying for stuff that really, only toy photographers use. But once again, toy photography is just free advertisement so the moral is, we are always going to pay for stuff we don't want.

Here is what I hate about 1/6th scale figure collecting. Anything or any accessory that cannot be displayed over long periods of time. For example:

Anything with batteries. Any real collector is going to tell you that you shouldn't leave batteries in your figures for fear of acid leaking. It's a pain in the ass to put batteries in and out for most of these things anyways. Until batteries in the base can power figures, they should do without them and cut the cost. They won't though, it's probably cost them $5 to design an electronic feature and they charge us $50 for it. I never once put batteries into my talking/light up Vader yet, I payed close to $70 for these features. Light up sabers are cool for photography but just as easy done in photoshop without having to install batteries and new arms.

The only example I own is Rey but in the instructions, it's says to not leave her scavenging head wrap on for prolonged periods of time due to the material messing up the paint app. Reading that right there eliminated any chance of ever trying that. I liked the look too but it's not worth the risk for me to even try it a few days.

Don't get me wrong, I know some people enjoy these features but going by the majority of people I see at SideshowFreaks, not many people are displaying with these features either. It's like we're paying for stuff that really, only toy photographers use. But once again, toy photography is just free advertisement so the moral is, we are always going to pay for stuff we don't want.
i'm afraid my expensive Kaneda's Bike rubber and leather seats cracking from old age and drying out and i haven't even opened it yet.

Top Bottom