• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Hagi

Or people should learn to preorder what they want instead of every little thing.

Just an idea.

What I wanted 7 months ago might be different than what I want now though. It shouldn't be that hard to cancel an order.

That said I haven't really run into any issues with them and if I have to cancel stuff they do. Maybe one day they really will close my account.

LiK

I feel like they go overboard on packing material and it significantly adds to the weight. I'd only ever had one box arrive with a hole in it, but there was still a good 5 inches between the cardboard and the products. Hobbysearch is usually cheaper on the shipping.

Works fine for me cuz I don't wanna deal with a crushed box. I use Registered Mail so it's not that expensive.

They're a bunch of big babies and their customer service is awful.

You mean cancellations? They're just like a bunch of other import sites these days. I haven't had any issues with them cuz I don't really cancel anything I order from them. Only canceled twice with no issues.

Or people should learn to preorder what they want instead of every little thing.

Just an idea.

Yep. Don't make multiple preorders with a site that has pretty clear policies regarding cancellations. AmiAmi likes to make it sound like a hassle but really, it wasn't an issue at all.

Messi

Love the box for Joker.

CRx2BG1.jpg

Nice mine is paid off. Shipping soon?

TheFlow

Banned
guys don't forget B&N is doing discounts on Collectibles/action figures/star wars stuff.

25-30 percent off. stacks with your 10 percent member coupon.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
guys pls only order what you 100% want don't anger AmiAmi FREEZY PLEEZY ZOMBINE PLS etc

guys don't forget B&N is doing discounts on Collectibles/action figures/star wars stuff.

25-30 percent off. stacks with your 10 percent member coupon.

That's cool! Too bad Figuarts Raph and Mikey aren't up (though I guess preorders wouldn't work). Not much to get on B&N online.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Finally displayed all 3

Couldn't get the Armored Batman head to snap into place. It's on a double ball joint, and I can not for the life of me get it to plug into the body. I can get it to snap in the head piece just fine though. It's driving me crazy.

Let the orders burn.

No warning emails so far?

I don't even bother asking to cancel shit anymore. I just keep all my orders separate, and if I don't want it, I don't submit payment. The stuff I do want, I'll merge and have shipped together. That's the nice thing about Ami - You have to submit payment. Hobbysearch will just charge you when your shit is ready and that's that.

LiK

yeah no warning emails.
as i shared a while ago, that's the secret amiami loophole.

they never bother you if you let orders go unpaid but if you try and contact C.S. to cancel they may flag your account.

I don't even bother asking to cancel shit anymore. I just keep all my orders separate, and if I don't want it, I don't submit payment. The stuff I do want, I'll merge and have shipped together. That's the nice thing about Ami - You have to submit payment. Hobbysearch will just charge you when your shit is ready and that's that.

Yea, I remember forgetting to pay for an order and it got canceled eventually. No warning emails for that. It's better to not email them about it.

Zombine

Banned
I let two consecutive monthly orders go unpaid...

It has to be more than two. If you let 3+ go unpaid they'll give you a warning. If you let more than that go unpaid they'll clear all your orders (a godsend, IMO). Now I just buy the stuff I am absolutely 100% into (Star Wars Figuarts, select figma, etc.) and I double check to see when it's coming out, what my existing order for that specific month already looks like, and can I afford to add more shipments to that list.

I don't just go "OH MAN THAT ________ LOOKS AWESOME *preorder*" like I did previously. These things aren't particularly hard to get your hands on anymore either so you don't always have to preorder.

Messi

Some very irresponsible ass spending and ordering going on in here. Hilarious that they get blamed for some people's inability to not preorder everything in sight... Man Steps on rake. I never order hot toys I don't intend on fully paying for.

Wanderer5

Not action figure, but <3

SG_zpsmbpqsqys.jpg

Want to see her in better lighting soon! Also still a prototype, but the color of the belt and punches needs to be lighter brown/yellow ish.

Finally displayed all 3

Couldn't get the Armored Batman head to snap into place. It's on a double ball joint, and I can not for the life of me get it to plug into the body. I can get it to snap in the head piece just fine though. It's driving me crazy.

Nice! Which of them is the best would you say? My LCS got Knightmare and Armored Batman in, I can maybe get one. Leaning towards Armored...it'll go well as an intermediary between all my Iron Man Hot Toys and by Keaton and Bale Batman Hot Toys.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Nice! Which of them is the best would you say? My LCS got Knightmare and Armored Batman in, I can maybe get one. Leaning towards Armored...it'll go well as an intermediary between all my Iron Man Hot Toys and by Keaton and Bale Batman Hot Toys.
I actually like regular Batfleck the most, then Knightmare, then Armored. You can't really pose the Armored suit all that much and like I said, I can't get the head fully on (it came detached for some reason).

Top Bottom