• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

o5HbUOE.png

See, if we buy all the things, then we all win!

We all know the true story, Diggeh.

In other news, it looks like original colors Legacy Dragonzord will be available in again in May. You can preorder at BBTS. Though I'm not sure if I'll buy him or wait and hope for a SOC version.

The Marvel Legends portion of my recent EBay rampage showed up. Up first is Doctor Stephen Strange.

IxR0OcD.jpg

aEifLsW.jpg

OVI46Zv.jpg

xh4B6f8.jpg

I never got around to getting the first release of this figure. He was pretty cheap, so I didn't feel a huge need to get him. I was glad I held off when they announced a new comic book Dr. Strange. Kind of wish he was actually the old school Strange, but this works. The only new thing here in the Marvel Legends line is the cape. It's a super cool cape and really makes this figure. I'm sure they'll re-use it down the line on another Dr. Strange figure. Maybe that classic Strange I really want.

Up next is Brother Voodoo.

L0UeKwa.jpg

OweE2qo.jpg

6xjlK1x.jpg

92rfExt.jpg

Another repaint that's completely new to me. The SDCC exclusive set was always way too rich for my blood. This is the more classic Brother Voodoo I'm familiar with anyway. Good reuse of the Hobgoblin cape. Really like the skulls on him. Just a really cool figure that I'm glad to finally add to my collection. Hope Magik from that set gets her own release soon.

Last, but most certainly not least, is Nico Minoru.

7YOFTbo.jpg

dc0V2XU.jpg

Y4hAaiQ.jpg

q3ssp7v.jpg

d1uLoR2.jpg

This is one great figure! I was excited to get her when she was announced. I thought she looked great in the reveal pictures, but she's even better in hand. Pretty sure she's a completely new figure with nothing re-used. The extra effects arm and staff give you lots of bang for the buck. Her paint and sculpt is really well done. Pretty much a top of the line Marvel Legends figure. Definitely one of my favorites!

LiK

Gaddamn, the SHF TMNT figures are really nice quality. Got Leo and Don and I was surprised how well made they are. Heavy metal feet for stability, soft hands to hold the weapons well and the joints are tight but move super smoothly so they're easy to pose. Totally worth the price! Can't wait for Raph and Mike to be shipped so I can complete the team.

Gaddamn, the SHF TMNT figures are really nice quality. Got Leo and Don and I was surprised how well made they are. Heavy metal feet for stability, soft hands to hold the weapons well and the joints are tight but move super smoothly so they're easy to pose. Totally worth the price! Can't wait for Raph and Mike to be shipped so I can complete the team.

Barnes & Noble had those things for Buy 1 Get 1 50% off yesterday.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone needs the Figuarts Turtles. Everyone.

especially since they're so cheap at B&N

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, even TRU is starting to carry import stuff. Last time I went they had a bunch of those massive X-PLUS Goku figures all lined up along with some other Tamashii products. You can even check their site for more figures.

[Import figures intensify]

Yeah, even TRU is starting to carry import stuff. Last time I went they had a bunch of those massive X-PLUS Goku figures all lined up along with some other Tamashii products. You can even check their site for more figures.

[Import figures intensify]

That's pretty neat. Though the exchange rate between JPY and USD is getting better (for us) again, so domestic retailers are going to be on the pricey side of things again.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I popped into Toys R Us again and they had more than 30 Hovertank Pilots. Nice to see exclusives actually get stocked.

This is one great figure! I was excited to get her when she was announced. I thought she looked great in the reveal pictures, but she's even better in hand. Pretty sure she's a completely new figure with nothing re-used. The extra effects arm and staff give you lots of bang for the buck. Her paint and sculpt is really well done. Pretty much a top of the line Marvel Legends figure. Definitely one of my favorites!

It's actually not an effects arm. It's just what her arm is supposed to look like lately because
her real arm got shot off and was replaced with a magical construct. Since then she doesn't need her staff.

It's actually not an effects arm. It's just what her arm is supposed to look like lately because
her real arm got shot off and was replaced with a magical construct. Since then she doesn't need her staff.

That's cool to know, thank you. I'll probably change the way I display her now. I don't follow recent comics. I know Nico from the first Runaways series, so I had no idea about her more recent stories. It came out around the time I last kept up with monthly titles.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know when the Ghosts n Goblins/Ghouls n Ghosts Arthur figure is up for pre-order? I remember reading that it would be up "soon", and haven't heard anything yet.

SeanC

Got Leonardo Figuarts for 41 bucks. B&N deal you can't pass up with 30% off any one toy (per order...ahem) plus the cyber Monday discount code.

For those looking to get them, that is...

Just sayin...

Note: When I went to do the same for Donatello in a separate order, the Cyber Monday code didn't work. So I'm debating getting him as well now. Maybe it's once per account.

Wanderer5

Got Leonardo Figuarts for 41 bucks. B&N deal you can't pass up with 30% off any one toy (per order...ahem) plus the cyber Monday discount code.

Just sayin...

Note: When I went to do the same for Donatello in a separate order, the Cyber Monday code didn't work. So I'm debating getting him as well now. Maybe it's once per account.

Thanks for the heads up about the B&N thing. Pretty good stuff if the code applies so. There a particular Bishoujo figure that I might jump on cause the code is working for her.

Just sayin...

yeah i saw that. pretty awesome deal.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know when the Ghosts n Goblins/Ghouls n Ghosts Arthur figure is up for pre-order? I remember reading that it would be up "soon", and haven't heard anything yet.

Hopefully it'll go up soon! I've been pretty excited too.

Also guys pls B&N is heaven buy your Figuarts Turtles yo

Chinner

Banned
My Revo Deadpool seems to have FINALLY arrived in the UK so that's some good news! Although I expect it to be stuck in customs for weeks and a hefty VAT bill :(

In other news, Super Vegeta is pretty rad:
I'm late to the whole Sh Figuarts Dbz figure thing, so most of the good ones are expensive now. I got Super Saiyan awakening Goku ( which is great, by the way) and I'll be getting this too.

No idea why they released the Vegeta Premium colour one, never liked the colours and the figure itself is pretty dated.

I'm late to the whole Sh Figuarts Dbz figure thing, so most of the good ones are expensive now. I got Super Saiyan awakening Goku ( which is great, by the way) and I'll be getting this too.

No idea why they released the Vegeta Premium colour one, never liked the colours and the figure itself is pretty dated.

I dunno but I couldn't help myself and ended up buying both :p

Tom_Cody

My S.H.MonsterArts - Shin Godzilla finally arrived! I can't wait to open it up tonight. I already have the shelf space ready and waiting.

JhaoeFo.jpg

Bunch of figures up for pre-order, got Chewie Figuarts and dime Saint Seiya stuff I am into, street fighter Ryu and Chun-Li Figuarts are mighty tempting, even for a casual fighting game fan like myself.

Bunch of figures up for pre-order, got Chewie Figuarts and dime Saint Seiya stuff I am into, street fighter Ryu and Chun-Li Figuarts are mighty tempting, even for a casual fighting game fan like myself.

Pre ordered Figuarts Chewie from HLJ and the "early bird" Ep II Anakin from Bandaionline. So excited for that Anakin. A little put off by Chewie's height, I believe they said 6" and some change, which means he will come up to the upper lip of the Black Series Chewbacca. Whats with Bandai giving no justice to tall characters? Phasma was too short, Vader was too short, Kylo was too short. Kind of a bummer. Its the paint apps that sold me on Chewie. I know I have an extra black series one sealed that maybe I'll darken and wash to match the dark fur from a new hope.

Also tempted to pull the trigger on those Street Fighter Figuarts. Who am I kidding, doing so as soon as I hit the submit reply button.

SeanC

Pre ordered Figuarts Chewie from HLJ and the "early bird" Ep II Anakin from Bandaionline. So excited for that Anakin. A little put off by Chewie's height, I believe they said 6" and some change, which means he will come up to the upper lip of the Black Series Chewbacca. Whats with Bandai giving no justice to tall characters?

I pre ordered the Han but find myself not pulling the trigger on Chewie just yet because of the height. One pic he looks pretty solid and at least taller than Han, but in another (famous New Hope pose that I would likely put them in) he barely scales with him so not sure if pics can give a good indication for me.

I mean...I'm going to get him. You need Chewie with Han. Just not rushing to and way more uncertain for him than I anticipated.

Jaeger

I need this in my life, now.

AR3WhhT.jpg

Looks fantastic!

what issue? Mine is still boxed up for the most part. Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet

I could be wrong, but from what I understand, the reason the figure took a little longer to get to us is because there was an issue with the cloth near the wrist fraying after some use. I believe Hot Toys delayed shipments so they could fix that issue.

Budget Stark has a video about it.

More here and here.

Anyone know where I can still get Figma Satsuki for decent price? I need it for a Christmas present. Amiami had them a few days ago, and I held off until I won an auction for Ryuko this morning and now they're sold out. I think Mandarake might be my best option.

Edit: Back in stock at Amiami! What a relief.

FIGURE-009989.jpg

KingV

Just got Mezco One:12 Modern Captain America.

Man I am continually impressed by these. Like, they don't photograph great but in hand they are always amazing.

Received my MonsterArts Gamera figure. He's really cool. But I don't think someone's happy to share shelf space with him.

U8vhOgu.jpg

lvSCO8I.jpg

4epG9VZ.jpg

NcfMROB.jpg

x8h2M8U.jpg

7jaMe20.jpg

pY1jbDD.jpg

X1JpZwx.jpg

xl1wU1c.jpg

QkGU246.jpg

JHPPJf2.jpg

g82Thqt.jpg

g3fWd5g.jpg

AOkjvXD.jpg

I'm really glad this guy is still available at a relatively decent price point. I love the 90s Gamera movies, and this figure really captures that design. Just great work with the sculpt and paint. The articulation is great. You can get plenty of awesome looking poses from him. I love that he can transform into his flight mode. It's a super easy process and opens up the display possibilities for him.

There are a couple of weak points, though. The design to open his stomach for his laser blast isn't the greatest. It's a series of little plates on tiny ball hinges at are super easy to pop off. They're an absolute nightmare to get back into place. I only got his chest opened once, then the upper right plate popped off. After an eternity messing with it, I finally got it back together right. It's a cool look, but totally not worth the pain. The only other drawback is his flight stand. It's really low to the ground. Like, crazy low. I had to put the stand on something else to get a decent attack display out of it with Godzilla GMK. Otherwise, he'd be going for the Big G's crotch. This isn't that kind of forum!

Other than those relatively minor issues, this guy is amazing. Between him and GMK, I'm definitely mulling over the possibility of stepping up for the Special Color Edition King Ghidorah and the Mechagodzilla re-release coming out in a few months. That's a lot of money, though. I'm sure they'll be worth it, though.

Hot Toys Armor Batman is a really hefty piece, I cracked open the box for a little look and I am actually really impressed by it. Feels more solid than some of the Iron Man figures.

Question about Ebay Flash Sales (those $15 off $60 or more coupons). How do you get notified when those happen? Do I just sign up with my email on the Ebay Deals page?

Top Bottom