• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

HT War Machine Mk. I just came in. Box is bigger than a standard Iron Man figure. Can't wait to get home to check it out.

Also, is this new?

Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV

marvel-iron-man-2-mark-iv-sixth-scale-hot-toys-feature-902900-07.jpg

SeanC

I think I'm good without the doorway set and would just want the figure. The doorway doesn't really do much for me. Now if they do Bela's dracula with a coffin or something, I'd bite (heh...bite...)

$120 for the bundle is a good deal for those that want both, though.

NEO0MJ

I think I'm good without the doorway set and would just want the figure. The doorway doesn't really do much for me. Now if they do Bela's dracula with a coffin or something, I'd bite (heh...bite...)

I'm reminded of the Masterpiece Optimus Prime that's only sold with the trailer, which adds a lot of cost to the figure. What annoys me is that they released it without the trailer as Nemesis Prime but have yet to do that with the standard colors.
Or the new Megatron which includes a silencer and stabilizer for the gun mode which made it expensive as well.

dankir

Finally got these two

sYIWPFQ.jpg
[/IMG]

Only a couple more Hot Toys on pre-order and then I'm done. Will only buy used or from secondary market, getting too expensive for me to buy when they're released.

Only a couple more Hot Toys on pre-order and then I'm done. Will only buy used or from secondary market, getting too expensive for me to buy when they're released.

I absolutely get what you are saying! Prices are getting out of hand to the point where I am seriously considering getting out of the game. I have already significantly reduced my purchases because of price (and also the new addition to the family). In a lot of respects if I'm not buying them then it'll be nice having some money again!

DemiMatt

HT War Machine Mk. I just came in. Box is bigger than a standard Iron Man figure. Can't wait to get home to check it out.

Was yours from Sideshow? I received a 2 week notice from AE, but it's been over 2 weeks!

Also, is this new?

Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV

They redid the paint jobs on the Iron Man 2 MK 4 & 6 and re-released (without any of the bonus stuff from the OG release) them at Shanghai Disneyland.

They also increased the price by like . . 80 bucks. I remember the OG releases being 165 a piece which was one of their first price increases.

dankir

DANKIR NO

Don't abandon me.

Dude its like 350 bucks for a regular figure with the Canadian exchange rate, still have an $1100 Hulkbuster coming next year.

I have Civil War Ant Man, Drax, Black Panther and Hulkbuster on PO. I'll still get figures but after they're released.

I don't cancel PO's cuz my seller is really cool, but I hate being on the hook for so much now.

Dude its like 350 bucks for a regular figure with the Canadian exchange rate, still have an $1100 Hulkbuster coming next year.

I have Civil War Ant Man, Drax, Black Panther and Hulkbuster on PO. I'll still get figures but after they're released.

I don't cancel PO's cuz my seller is really cool, but I hate being on the hook for so much now.

My Hulkbuster has been paid off for like a year now it's ridiculous.

Tom_Cody

Help Requested:

I'm trying to figure out if any toys/models have ever been made of the spider tank that appears at the end of the original Ghost in the Shell film. I just watched it for the first time in years I realize that I had misremembered it as being a Tachikoma, but it turns out that those didn't appear until Stand Alone Complex.

Anyway, if there are any sleuths out there, I would greatly appreciate some help in this area. I have found like 500 different Tachikomas for sale, but zero versions of this spider tank.

3bSSLZY.jpg

aparisi2274

except the bundle is $160.

The figure is I believe $60 or $70 by itself, so that door better be made of some durable ass material to be coming in at $100 or so...

Help Requested:

I'm trying to figure out if any toys/models have ever been made of the spider tank that appears at the end of the original Ghost in the Shell film. I just watched it for the first time in years I realize that I had misremembered it as being a Tachikoma, but it turns out that those didn't appear until Stand Alone Complex.

This guy?

Only other thing I can find is a reference to a Kickstarter from 2011 where a small company got the rights to make a 1/6 scale spider tank. Don't know if it ever got funded, but here's the concept image:

This guy?

Only other thing I can find is a reference to a Kickstarter from 2011 where a small company got the rights to make a 1/6 scale spider tank. Don't know if it ever got funded, but here's the concept image:

Much thanks. Now I am going to have to track that thing down.

Your post confirms my general suspicion, that the T08A2 was simply never widely merchandised. Unlike the Tachikoma, which has been merchandised to hell and back.
damn i didn't know that exists. looks hot!

KingV

except the bundle is $160.

The figure is I believe $60 or $70 by itself, so that door better be made of some durable ass material to be coming in at $100 or so...

I believe it's made of Polystone... but still, I agree with
you.

Anyone order the MOTUC deluxe versions?

I was able to get all 5 from Super7 for $195 shipped, though you have to pay upfront.

Looking forward to getting some of the MOTUC stuff, loved it all as a kid.

Top Bottom