• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP)

NeoRaider

qV2WL1W.jpg

Rz4Vkas.jpg

This... is kinda ugly. Dat AF, Aliasing, LQ textures, almost no shadows... WTF?

Pro screenshots posted above look little better tho.

Oneself

You don't need PNG image to see that there are close to no shadows, bad AF, lots of aliasing, low polygon geometry as well as dated looking fire effects.

The artifacting caused by jpg compression is different and it more or less won't affect any of the above.
60fps...

nOoblet16

You say that as if this is the norm for 60FPS games out there today. Might I ask you to have a look at how good 60FPS games look these days?

Doom, Overwatch, Uncharted 4 MP, Infinite Warfare, Battlefront, Mirror's Edge, Metro are all 60FPS games that are either locked or very stable. Even something like Wolfenstein and Titanfall 2 look quite decent compared to this and we also have MGSV which looks relatively dated but still better and it's open world. The upcoming Prey game is 60FPS as well. And I'm not even dwelling into the territory of pseudo "60FPS" tittles like Battlefield (which is how most Platinum Games 60FPS titles have been like)

KainXVIII

You say that as if this is the norm for 60FPS games out there today. Might I ask you to have a look at how good 60FPS games look these days?

Doom, Overwatch, Uncharted 4 MP, Infinite Warfare, Battlefront, Mirror's Edge, Metro are all 60FPS games that are either locked or very stable. Even something like Wolfenstein and Titanfall 2 look quite decent compared to this and we also have MGSV which looks relatively dated but still better and it's open world. The upcoming Prey game is 60FPS as well. And I'm not even dwelling into the territory of pseudo "60FPS" tittles like Battlefield (which is how most Platinum Games 60FPS titles have been like)

Maybe because Nier is not AAA game

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I've seen prettier last gen games. Sorry, not an excuse.

Maybe because Nier is not AAA game
You are right, it shouldn't b e compared to Uncharted 4 or Wolfenstein, but what about Nioh or even DS2 Scholar of the First Sin? These two games are not super-high budget, are 60 FPS, and look a whole lot better.

Maybe they were just really really unflattering shots, IDK...

shandy706

OK guys...how do I share PS4 screens? How do I share PNGS for that matter?

I saved some UC4 shots. Haven't tried anything beyond that.

Literally got my PS4 today. Just have UC4 right now, but Ratchet and The Show are in the mail.

shmoglish

What next? Can I save them to USB?

Haha..totally lost

Thanks!

Edit* Ok, I see the option to share to a USB device. Is there a faster way to share like on X1 or PC? Is USB my only lossless option?

Edit 2* Anyone?

You can upload them via Facebook/Twitter, but there is lot of compression that makes the pictures look worse. So sadly usb is the only way to upload good looking pictures.

Tyaren

This thread has basically become the PS4 screenshot thread. :/ I'd enjoy seeing more WiiU and Xbox One games in here since I don't know them as well as PS4 games.

31430188560_14d15cc76f_o.png

31430199160_38c0ff0919_o.png

Top Bottom