• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP)

Teepo671

31417054160_8644087a8d_o.png

31785410176_e98f1df885_o.png

Sebmugi

With the ps4 pro we can finally take pictures at night and in the rain in the garage without the console makes a huge noise .. and the result with chrome paint is mind-blowing oO

1482508149-driveclub-tm-20161223161841.png

1482508476-driveclub-tm-20161223163409.png

VanWinkle

Is everyone still good with the thread rules we have? I figure I'll keep it the same, but I just want to be sure there aren't any issues, since the 2017 thread will be opening next week.

dEvAnGeL

Is everyone still good with the thread rules we have? I figure I'll keep it the same, but I just want to be sure there aren't any issues, since the 2017 thread will be opening next week.
maybe up the screens per post to three, i think 2 screens is such a handicap sometimes

Tyaren

I think the rules are good as they are. :)
Maybe make an addition that PS4 Pro screens should also always be in 1080p? Then we have less loading of gigantic images and downsampled checkerboard rendered images look prettier anyway.

The three images per post suggestion would imo not be a good idea. Already now my PC with considerably fast internet is sometimes struggling with a page.

Caayn

I don't think that adding more rules is a good idea. It mustn't scare people away and people already ignore some rules, such as #4, #6 and #8.

The current set of rules suffices for this thread. Two consecutive with posts with two images per post is a fine balance between size of the page and amount of images per page, while preventing people from spamming. Although I'm a bit in dubio about rule #8.

Tyaren

I don't think that adding more rules is a good idea. It mustn't scare people away and people already ignore some rules, such as #4, #6 and #8.

The current set of rules suffices for this thread. Two consecutive with posts with two images per post is a fine balance between size of the page and amount of images per page, while preventing people from spamming. Although I'm a bit in dubio about rule #8.

You're right. I guess you should keep as it is.

What about allowing people to make three consecutive posts instead of just 2? That way one could post up to 6 images but the page load would be the exact same. We would also get to a new page sooner.

I think the rules are good as they are. :)
Maybe make an addition that PS4 Pro screens should also always be in 1080p? Then we have less loading of gigantic images and downsampled checkerboard rendered images look prettier anyway.

The three images per post suggestion would imo not be a good idea. Already now my PC with considerably fast internet is sometimes struggling with a page.

Unless im looking at this the wrong way, that would basically mean setting the PS4 Pro to 1080p every single time anyone wants to take a screenshot and post it on here and then set it back to the 4K res after?

If thats the case, thats way too much hassle.

If I'm wrong, ill be on my way.

Caayn

What about allowing people to make three consecutive posts instead of just 2? That way one could post up to 6 images but the page load would be the exact same.
As people tend to post the same game in consecutive posts I fear that that'll lead to more monotonous pages. If you want to go three consecutive posts I think that you might as well remove the consecutive posts limit all together.
We would also get to a new page sooner.
It's not a race ;)
Unless im looking at this the wrong way, that would basically mean setting the PS4 Pro to 1080p every single time anyone wants to take a screenshot and post it on here and then set it back to the 4K res after?

If thats the case, thats way too much hassle.

If I'm wrong, ill be on my way.
It only works like that on the XB1. Screenshot resolution on the PS4 is a separate setting.

As people tend to post the same game in consecutive posts I fear that that'll lead to more monotonous pages. If you want to go three consecutive posts I think that you might as well remove the consecutive posts limit all together.
It's not a race ;)
It only works like that on the XB1. Screenshot resolution on the PS4 is a separate setting.

Ah shit, your right, lol
Just remembered seeing that option.

So, people would still need to be pre-determining if the shot their about to take is for this thread or not and change accordingly. Still seems like a hassle.

Top Bottom