• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mass Effect Andromeda screenshots

So aside from the fact that they look incredibly beautiful I found this particular screenshot from gameinformer interesting.

CES%202017%20Screenshot%2005.jpg
It shows button layouts, and the fact that there is in-fact an ability slot that uses both bumpers (which I hate by the way, no game should force you to press two buttons at the same time to perform one action, it's cumbersome).

I also notice the icon for the second companion, which would appear to be the female human Cora and a reflection of her appearance? Looks like she (Cora) might be rocking a haircut similar to that of fem Ryder?

Lime

Why is the IQ so bad? Is it Game Informer or the marketing department at Bioware who don't know how to handle image materials?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This is gonna look soooo good on a Pro. After the ME3 fiasco Ive checked out of the story and single player but will be in if the multiplayer is good. ME3 multiplayer had me hooked for months.

Prey 2 is releasing about a month or so after it to boot.

Holy shit what? So soon after Dishonored 2. I thought Prey would release in September or October or something.

Holy shit what? So soon after Dishonored 2. I thought Prey would release in September or October or something.

Keep in mind that Arkane has two studios (One at Lyon, France and one at Austin, Texas). While the Lyon team were developing Dishonored 2, the Austin team were working their Prey game for a while (Remember when people on GAF thought Dishonored 2 was gonna be delayed when its release date was announced? Wasn't delayed, after all)

Back on topic. The screenshots don't look bad, but I feel like they'd be much better in motion. Anyways, March 21 should be soon enough

Nester99

This may be my only AAA day one buy this year....cant wait.

They are missing out on big money by not remastering 1-3 on ps4/xb1.

I would have bought them all again just to prep for 4.

It's worth nothing that apparently these screenshots are saved as CES presentation images so this environment and gameplay is likely the one to be shown off tonight at CES.

Bad IQ. Dreadful environments. Second-rate effects.

I must be deluded, because I think for as big of a game as this will presumably be, it looks pretty amazing.

Not to mention that this will almost undoubtedly be at the very least a better implementation of the Frostbite engine when compared to Dragon Age Inquisition. And if DA:I has anything, it'll be amazing looking effects and great IQ. Whether you like the look of the environments, that's your own opinion, but I think they were pretty impressive looking, and distinctly more colorful and fantastical when compared to something like The Witcher 3.

That sure is some nice looking generic space stuff!

Seriously, very little about what we've seen of this game is really conveying 'Mass Effect' to me. It's all just felt very safe and underwhelming.

Not that we've seen much mind. You'd be forgiven for thinking this game was a 2018 scheduled title, not hitting shelves in less than 3 months, given how little we've seen or even been told of it.

Skux

I don't know why they would choose a black and grey rock planet to showcase the game. I'm sure there are nicer environments, why not show them off instead?

RedAssedApe

Banned
that was underwhelming. then again i never thought mass effect was particularly beautiful outside of the character models during conversations.

Those aren't ugly screenshots by any stretch of the imagination, but they really don't look like something I'd choose to use a screenshot of. A few in particular look like textbook examples of things that'll be "better in motion."

I think my only complaint continues to be how fluorescent the effects are, which, if I'm understanding correctly, is a Frostbite thing? They were also like that in DA:I. I do miss the more subtle color palette of the original trilogy, even the brighter oranges were comparatively quite subtle.

I loved the shots of the ship with the planet in the background, gorgeous. Even though I hate lava planets, still getting some nice ME1 vibes.

Love it. Looks incredible. Can't wait for my remote controlled Nomad, too. I bought one of the collectors editions for my best friend and myself and we are gonna race them.

jdstorm

Banned
Am I supposed to be able to play this without having playing any other ME game before?

Definitely. Its a spinoff with completely new characters starting an adventure isolated from the previous games. It will be a great point to jump in if you are interested

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Can you holster your weapons in this game or is there still "not enough memory" for that like in ME3?

MartyStu

These...these are not strong screens.

Anyone--like me--who is already excited by the game will not be deterred but these do not look great.

Their marketing department needs to try harder.

Top Bottom