• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX for Switch (FAST Racing Neo Remaster) off screen gameplay

All videos seem to be in split screen but it looks smooth as butter. The official site claims it's 1080p 60fps, the Wii U verison ran sub 720p (540p I think).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RwTgTk5M-U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSNrwr1jEjQ (This one is further from the screen but has much better gameplay)

If you haven't played the Wii U verison this is an outstanding F-Zero/Wipeout-esque game that support up to 4 players on a single system and online play.

Caayn

If they tone down/remove the rubber-banding I'll buy it for the Switch. It's killing my enjoyment with the WiiU version.

From Nintendo.com
Race anti-gravity vehicles in this lightning-fast arcade racer
Play with anybody, anywhere you like
Zoom through 30 tracks set in canyons, alpine peaks, futuristic cities and much more
Master the art of boosting and phase switching to stay ahead of the competition
Local splitscreen-multiplayer with up to 4 players
Online multiplayers with up to 8 players
Non-stop adrenaline pumping action at 60 frames per second in 1080p
Unlock the HERO MODE to play with new rules and new challengers!

Zedark

Hmm, this game looks kinda fun actually, never heard of it before. Do we know when it is coming to Switch?

Regginator

Didn't know this game before, DAMN this looks and feels a lot like F-Zero (GX, albeit in a lesser form, but apparently you can change the speed here?).

Did it sell well on the Wii U? If there's a market, F-Zero might not be dead...

Didn't know this game before, DAMN this looks and feels a lot like F-Zero (GX, albeit in a lesser form, but apparently you can change the speed here?).

Nintendo Life interview with Shin'en

NL: FAST Racing NEO has now been available on the Wii U for a little while, so have you been happy with its reception, the number of players online and so on?

S: We have been very happy with the reception. Sales have been pretty good and we get a lot of feedback that people love the game. We don't have numbers for online players but we felt that FRN did fairly well when compared to other 3rd party games.

NL: With respect to NDAs, confidential data and so on, are you willing to comment on how happy or otherwise you have been with the game's sales?

S: We worked for three years on the game. It was a major investment for us but it worked out perfectly in the end. The game still sells nicely and when we showcase the game on occasions like Gamescom we see there is still a lot of interest out there.

Yep it sold pretty well on Wii U, got a Nintendo Selects release.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It looks amazing, yes, but it's not native 1080p60 (at least not the build on the show floor). They might get there, though.

It does use the same temporal reprojection technique from the Wii U version.

Regiruler

Looking at the footage I can see the names more clearly. I see a names from quite a few of the old vehicles.

EDIT: and new zendling is in the demo as well

EDarkness

It looks amazing, yes, but it's not native 1080p60 (at least not the build on the show floor). They might get there, though.

It's probably too late to change all that up since they basically ported over the Wii U version instead of making it from scratch. It's still a nice looking game in any case.

KageZero

It drops frames or is the resolution lower ( or both :p)?

Zedark

It's March
Ah, yeah, completely forgot about this infographic:
C2D-v0TXgAAEI8G.jpg:large

Really nice, will likely pick it up around launch!

I bought the Wii U version and it was gorgeous but it's sub HD resolution made it less enjoyable to play when I wasn't playing on the controller so this is a massive improvement.

TheMoon

You're always on top of the info though, Shin'en have been one of my favourite developers since the Wii days and I can't wait to be playing this launch month.

It's super hard keeping all the info straight from the last 35+hours. Barely got to read any interviews yet.^^

Peltz

I missed this game first time around and my Switch is sitting at home waiting for me to set it up.

I won't get Zelda until tomorrow so I think this is going to be my first game for the system!

I missed this game first time around and my Switch is sitting at home waiting for me to set it up.

I won't get Zelda until tomorrow so I think this is going to be my first game for the system!
Could you tell me your impressions of the HD rumble implementation when you get the chance? Enjoy!

Top Bottom