• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

JimboJones

Phantom Pain

quietpnl4f.png

Moding in clothes for Quiet lol

Sonic Generations (demo)

sonici3kkb.png

Should get around to buying this, demo is pretty fun.

Shumafuk

It also depends on picture. If there is a lot of grass I would never use lanczos. If I downsample from really big picture (4K and more) to 1080p, I prefer super-sampling with really small amount of sharpening. Usually I got nice result only to downsample 1440p to 1080p with lanczos.

PhilGPT

Careful with lanczos and banding. It's been known to exaggerate it, especially lanczos2.
I use either lanczos3 or bicubic (also in Faststone)

It also depends on picture. If there is a lot of grass I would never use lanczos

What's wrong with lanczos + grass? Are you concerned about an increase in visible aliasing?

Careful with lanczos and banding. It's been known to exaggerate it, especially lanczos2.
I use either lanczos3 or bicubic (also in Faststone)

In those cases where lanczos is resulting in more aliasing, I think I use bicubic as well (been a while...)

Shumafuk

What's wrong with lanczos + grass? Are you concerned about an increase in visible aliasing?

Sometimes, yes. Also moiré on wall and so on... Second image looks too blurry for lanczos. Well... for my taste. Don't know what was resolution of capturing, what AA you used. Anyway for screenshots it is not big deal. Try downsample grain (BW photography) - that is really challenge=D

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Please, stop posting NSFW jaggy screenshots. Keep them on Nexus, where they belong. Thanks.
Atrocious. Please stop.
thank you

I wrote that after as a reply to his immature "do you even shoot bro", which is already a silly overreaction to begin with --

My point was solely this: "I think he simply meant that there are more ways to say you didn't like the shots than to state it like you're looking at a pile of dog shite.". It's apparently the norm around here (and I think that's a problem) to be as hostile as possible for whatever reason when someone doesn't like a shot, its contents, the person who made it or all combined.
Listen to yourself. You really don't think you're overreacting over literally nothing, here? Really? I didn't insult him, but he called me autistic, maybe if you want to talk about hostile tone you should look a bit deeper.

What's wrong with constructive criticism for a change? I mean, a tiny little name in the corner of a shot makes people lose their stomach contents around here. That's the level we're at.
Er. This wasn't about you, yet you're taking it personally and even making it about you. Okay...
And that's the reason I made that remark, as I'm honestly sick and tired of it.

Do whatever the fuck you want with it, I don't really care anymore. I'm taking a break from this thread. No idea if I'll ever be back. If someone needs a camera or shader for reshade, you know where to find me.
K

sorry guys, I'll say no more I promise

Shumafuk

If TES 6 looks that good, I'll be happy.

Tell you what though - I'd kill for some tessellation, better ambient occlusion, and removal of the chromatic aberration. Really hope the final game has all of that, because it looks great so far!

Forget it. Tweaked gamebryo from 2000 will never be a real rival for nowadays engines=D Skyrime SE looks like sh*t, F4 mostly looks... Well, wired. If you not use tons of mods and ENB/ReShade/ini tweaks, you've got quite poor looking game. And that's it. Bethesda release game and rely on modding community to bring their game to life. Again. I'm quite interesting, when modders became bored.

Parsnip

For Honor shots
Nice.
How's the PC beta in general? Blue Byte is doing the pc work so I'm very curious if it's better than the usual UbiKiev port work we get with AC and stuff.
Also, given that it's Anvil, how's the distance lod? That's always been kind of shit in AC games.

Nice.
How's the PC beta in general? Blue Byte is doing the pc work so I'm very curious if it's better than the usual UbiKiev port work we get with AC and stuff.
Also, given that it's Anvil, how's the distance lod? That's always been kind of shit in AC games.

Runs really well. Getting above 60 most of the time maxed (except for shadows and HBAO) with a 980 Ti.
I'm using the 4x supersampling option combined with lowered render scaling so my actual resolution is 2712x1520. Getting really good image quality this way.

Haven't noticed any pop-ins, but I also haven't looked for them so I'm not sure.

This game doesn't look bad for an mmo, some ugly textures and I don't really like the character models, something about the proportions idk.

32695672742_8a22be5be2_o.png

32849126055_481be324ff_o.png

Vipu

Banned
If TES 6 looks that good, I'll be happy.

Tell you what though - I'd kill for some tessellation, better ambient occlusion, and removal of the chromatic aberration. Really hope the final game has all of that, because it looks great so far!

Maybe if Bethesda sells TES to Dice/EA or someone else who can make decent looking games.

Top Bottom