• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I need to start posting my stuff, but I just want to say thanks MarkMan for putting this thread together every month. It's like a Gaffers loot chest, always look forward to see the random things people get.

I can't believe I've been putting together this thread every month for over ten years!

LegendX48

Got some stuff recently:

31841897203_583fdf0c16_z.jpg

Not pictured: Resident Evil 7 (pc)

Galdius

I'm back from a trip to the US and I bought a few things for the collection.

I wanted Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi CIB for a long time and I finally decided to buy them.
Also got another game from the Classic NES Series for the GBA. I'm missing 3 for the complete set now.

UyMGMxSh.jpg

Fire Emblem and Devil's Third were a bit more expensive than what I wanted but since I had some spare cash at the end of the trip I decided to buy them.

v1qR4D5h.jpg

A few PS4 games:

7PUcm5qh.jpg

Tubular PK Doom's

Galaxy New 3DS XL + 32 GB SD

Additionally, managed to get in on the NMD R_1 Glitch in dark grey, but they haven't shipped yet. Just released today (4th Feb).

The 3DS looks pretty sweet.

I love those Tubular Dooms so much! Unfortunately they don't suit me and my weirdly shaped ankles.

dracula_x

I need to start posting my stuff, but I just want to say thanks MarkMan for putting this thread together every month. It's like a Gaffers loot chest, always look forward to see the random things people get.

I can't believe I've been putting together this thread every month for over ten years!

yeah.
btw, this thread is one of the main reason why I registered on NeoGAF :)

Marceles

I went a little crazy on the purchases lately, I'll need to calm down since Switch is out next month lol. Anyway...

Bought the red, white and blue Chucks from the Nike store with a matching Guess shirt from Urban Outfitters

Super Mario World shirt from Redbubble, Nike Therma basketball hoodie and black Kyrie 3s

Nike Air Foamposite One XX

Jordan XIII Black Cat

Zelda Breath of the Wild shirt from Etsy

Bose Soundsport wireless earbuds to hold me over until the Beats X comes out

Beats EP (50% off at Best Buy so I went for it, surprisingly great headphones that I use for PS4 now) and Gravity Rush 2

Resident Evil 7, Kingdom Heart 2.8, and Yakuza 0

And last but not least since this is a MarkMan thread, I picked up the Qanba Obsidian stick. I've had my HRAP for 8 years and finally decided to get a new fightstick. It's a really nice stick

Celcius

°Temp. member
New ventilated psu cover for my Caselabs Merlin SM8:

eXy4Ait.jpg

right: old
left: new

Since my power supply is installed at the bottom of my case, swapping out the other psu cover at the top of my case will give the PC more room to breathe.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Been buying these parts slowly, with the bulk remainder (Graphics card, CPU, Monitor, etc.) being purchased by the end of the month once my tax return gets in. Plan to build a pretty decent gaming PC...my first one!

Got the speakers on sale at Best Buy for $69 when regular price is $99+ elsewhere

illusionary

A small collection of new PS4 games - Kromaia Omega, Homefront: The Revolution (bother recently nicely discounted) and, more notably, the SteamWorld Collection:

aXOmAAQ.jpg

And then, triple-dipping with a boxed PC copy (Steam reception) of Shovel Knight, spurred by the news of the changing price model and the inexpensiveness of a physical copy, when it in fact comes with the soundtrack and a manual worthy of the name!

72eIyBR.jpg

Sch1sm

Tubular PK Doom's

Galaxy New 3DS XL + 32 GB SD

Additionally, managed to get in on the NMD R_1 Glitch in dark grey, but they haven't shipped yet. Just released today (4th Feb).

NMD R_1 Glitch came in, but I'm not sure I'm really feeling 'em. Not a fan of these in person/on foot in comparison to the Adidas site.

A pair of pickups this month, and of course not so good for the backlog...

1UUeGv4l.png

e55Ux1zl.jpg

Never played a visual novel, and happened across a great deal for Steins;Gate. Really hoping it'll live up to the hype. As far as Black Ops 2 and Tales of Xillia 2 I've been looking for deals on the both of them so it made sense to snag them both.

Never played a visual novel, and happened across a great deal for Steins;Gate. Really hoping it'll live up to the hype. As far as Black Ops 2 and Tales of Xillia 2 I've been looking for deals on the both of them so it made sense to snag them both.
Steins;gate is personally the best visual novel I have ever played, the anime is damn good as well

Sch1sm

What size you wear? You selling them? haha

LOL. These are a 7US. And yeah, I am, actually. No use in keeping them. They probably cost more than buying them off someone on something like kixify, though, 'cause the Canadian price is more expensive than the American retail since Adidas hates us.

LOL. These are a 7US. And yeah, I am, actually. No use in keeping them. They probably cost more than buying them off someone on something like kixify, though, 'cause the Canadian price is more expensive than the American retail since Adidas hates us.

$1 (which includes shipping). take it or take it.

Jimrpg

1UUeGv4l.png

e55Ux1zl.jpg

Steins;Gate is my favourite VN and possibly the greatest story in a video game ever. It's great!

I think its probably a better experience on a handheld or laptop than a TV, but I hope you enjoy it anyway :)

Jimrpg

Oh awesome! Do you have any others you can recommend for PS3, 3DS, or PC? It seems like a gnere I'd really enjoy but I'm not entirely sure where to find the good ones...

Another one is The House in Fata Morgana. It's on Steam/PC. Some adult themes, but the story is amazing... lots of depth, great writing, really well planned out story.

After you're done with Steins;Gate, the sequel Steins; Gate 0 is out but only on PS4 and Vita for now.

So last couple of months have been huge for me... I probably need to curb the spending a bit BUT I feel like I need to get more Vita titles before they disappear.

In January I picked up

The Last Guardian (PS4)
Dungeon Travelers 2 (Vita)
Yakuza Ishin (PS4)
Dragon Quest VIII (3DS)
Yakuza 0 (PS4) not yet arrived.... grrrr.

Feburary I got

Nioh (PS4) Y0 and Nioh will be the only PS4 games I get this half of the year.
Vita 2006 - The Asian one
Demon Gaze (Vita)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Vita)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2 (Vita)
Lumines (Vita)
Root Letter (Vita)
Dead or Alive 5 Plus (Vita)

Here's my Vita 2006 that got delivered today. Looks amazing. I was a bit worried about the blue, but very happy with it in the end. I didn't want to get a second black, the white was a bit boring and the orange was too bright. Some of my older consoles like the 360 have died so i'm getting backup consoles just in case. Expensive exercise.

Here is Yakuza Ishin. I also have Y1-4 in physical (5 and Dead Souls digitally) and Yakuza Kenzan. I don't think I'll get the PSP games, they might be hard to go back to. I'm still waiting for Yakuza 0. It shipped on Jan 20th, but we had Chinese New Year. I'm hoping it gets delivered today (got about an hour left) otherwise its Sunday. Everytime someone walks past my office door, I think its the post.

My copy of DQVIII. I bought the PS2 original when it first came out and its still sealed but I'm definitely going to open the 3DS version.

I had intended not to buy any games this year until ME Andromeda buuut my lecture got cancelled today so I went to the nearby shopping centre for food and there just happened to be a CEX right next to where I ate.
CEX gets a lot of stick but it's actually pretty great for last gen stuff (& the stores I've been to don't have the infamous bad smell). Current gen is mostly overpriced though.

Some DVDs & game-related books:
As a huge Dragon Age fan I absolutely LOVE the World of Thedas books - if you're at all interested in the lore/world/characters I'd definitely recommend them, they've got great artwork too.

My Nichijou Blu-Ray/DVD Boxset came in. I've been waiting for an officially American licensed one for what feels like a very long time. It's great to have on of the greatest anime officially that capacity.

I also own the Japanese Blu-Ray boxset.

Oh man, I'm right there with you. Still waiting on mine to arrive, but eyah, been waiting for someone to rescue the license for this for freaking ever. Can't believe it's happening.

All we need now is for someone to put out Mushishi season 2

Justinh

Update to my previous post (I think I have enough new stuff for an update)...

Finally got the rest of my order in for these books. Amazon sent me a replacement because the shipping company "misplaced" my last order. Now I have the complete set of the little books (tankōbon, whatevs...) in English.
3 more of these bigger "soshuhen" books came in too. 1 and 2 were still "new," so they still have the card that comes with the first print or something in the back. I'm just going to leave that there.
I still have 6 more that are due this month (3-7, 18), but it always feels like a crap shoot when it's coming from Japan (still salty that my Grey Saturn Mission stick never came, nor did the "replacement").

Bought the Nendoroid for Wind Waker Zelda. She comes with the Master Sword and Mirror Sword for Wind Waker Link. Kinda side-story, but I broke my Majora's Mask Link's sword right when I got it like... months ago and I was like "Well, I'm not buying another one, these are expensive." From a suggestion from someone from Siftd, I emailed Good Smile's customer support and asked them if I could just buy an extra sword from them and they were just like "We'll send you another one." So that's pretty relieving. I just have to make sure I hold onto the handguard and not the blade when I take the handle off to slide it into Link's hand next time.

I took a picture of the box for these things in my last post. I guess I should show off what they look like, too.
It comes with a window unit, too and it looks pretty much the same except the display is a little different (it has a coverage indicator like "the bars" on your phone). I don't know if I have them set up properly, because while my signal in my apartment is a little better and I can actually use my phone here without holding it away from my face in fear of it dropping my call, I still don't get that great of coverage and my 2FA texts just won't show up sometimes. I'm gong to review the instructions again and hopefully I can get them working better, since I really do not want to switch to AT&T (although I might be switching to their internet if they don't have caps since they're rolling out fiber in my neighborhood next month).

Sorry for the reflected light. I didn't know that 2x had the levels from 1 in it too, and when I found out it made me realize that I haven't played 1 or 2 since before 3 came out. I ordered 3 on Xbox too from somewhere else, even though I already have it on Gamecube. I bought 4 because it was only 4 bucks.

I got the Ocean Shadow controller for Xbox One. Here it is compared to Dawn and Dusk Shadow. It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but the Ocean shadow controller is slightly more green- like a sea foam green (I guess that's what they were going for with "Ocean Shadow").
Now that I have these three, I kinda want to track down a Copper Shadow, even though I think it looks pretty ugly.

Oh yeah, I got Twilight Princess HD earlier in the month too, but I don't really feel like taking a picture of it right now. If I do, I'll just edit it in later.

edit: also
Tonh Hawk Pro Skater 3 came in today (maybe yesterday, lol. I don't check the mail until the morning after a lot of times).
I think I have nearly all post-CDi Zelda games on disc now (I don't think I want the Wii version of Twilight Princess and Hyrule Warriors doesn't look fun to me, but I'm not a musou fan).

Trying to get the white balance on these right, so I took this one outside in the sunlight lol...
I think it better shows the difference in color, but it's not like my monitor is calibrated or anything...

Got this Noctua NH-U14S to replace my stock cooler.

Under stress test at 4.6Ghz:
temps58uqj.jpg

Also it's so quiet I think I'm going to replace my case fans with Noctua fans.

It's an incredible air cooler. I was sceptical after seeing the price, but the quality is fantastic. I've not tried to use it to push my CPU yet, but it's almost inaudible at stock. Very simple to clean too.

It's an incredible air cooler. I was sceptical after seeing the price, but the quality is fantastic. I've not tried to use it to push my CPU yet, but it's almost inaudible at stock. Very simple to clean too.

It's in the same price range as all-in-one systems, so I was a little skeptical too, but once I started seeing benchmarks that's when I decided to take the plunge. It legitimately performs on par with AIOs, but has the added benefit of being quiet and not warming up after long use.

It was suuuuper simple to install, too. Just all around a wonderfully designed product.

DJChuy

Red Hot Chili Peppers Getaway Tour Shirt (Actually from January; great concert btw)

Avengers Poster

Mil Muertes Shirt

Final Fantasy XV PS4 Console (Always wanted it)

Yakuza 0 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (Cleaning out some backlog before starting one which reminds me that I need to stop buying games before finishing some first)

Also picked up tickets for Muse w/ Thirty Seconds To Mars. Should be fun.

Top Bottom