• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

batrush

PS4 Pro + Games
C4araA2UMAEyCy4.jpg:large

Drain You

After a couple months of delays finally received this from Indiegogo. 20400 mAh smart portable battery. Havent really had a chance to put it through its paces yet though. Qi Wireless charging works great though. Build quality also feels excellent, really feels high quality.

Bii

Valentine's day pick up!

Also, I just pre-ordered the Hot Toys Suicide Squad 1/6 scale Batman figures yesterday.
Can't wait to get my hands on it. I missed the first Batfleck from BvS so I really need this.

YSh1e9n.jpg

Man, I forgot about preordering HT SS Batman. Have to be on the waitlist but no biggie.

RyuShinEX

Neo Member
I just want to say thank you for the monthly pick up thread! I've been following this for past few months and it's a great pleasure looking through the stuff you guys post. :)

eXistor

Picked up these two. I traded in my Gamecube Component cables for it. I know I could have gotten more for them, but I don't really feel like putting in any effort and Splatterhouse 3 was a game I really wanted for the collection. I bought the cables when they were new and cheap, so I feel like I'm still coming out on top. They've been sitting in my garage for years and my current CRT doesn't even have component input and I can still use RGB for GC or Wii component. It's no big deal imo.

1pn6aOH.jpg

I'm happy with my XRGB-Mini/Framemeister thanks :)
(That's what is displaying the board on my TV, I just made a quick JAMMA to RGB circuit)

Alright sick, that would be the most optimal solution if you weren't going a CRT route. I just didn't want to suggest that as it costs a lot more than a CRT Monitor. Hope you have a blast with it(my dream is still to get any VS game board)

Another expensive month for me....Damn you PS4 firmware 4.50.

I traded in my old launch PS4 and picked up a Pro. Gamestop offered an additional $50 on top of the regular $125 which made the switch a little bit more "affordable". Still quite expensive for a few performance improvements (We haven't switched to 4k yet).

Got lucky and was able to pick up GR Remastered for $40 on Amazon after its price skyrocketed. Even though I played and finished the first title on the Vita about 2 years ago, I'm super excited to replay the enhanced version.

I tried the Evil within about a year ago and the wonky framerate, paired with me being really bad at survival horror games made me sell it on Ebay. Seeing that the framrate got significantly improved with the latest beta firmware made me pick it up again. Even though I was never a huge Resident Evil fan, I had a blast with RE7 - great game and well worth its full price.

I was sceptical at first but after about 10 hours into the game I'm positively surprised.

I'll probably be a while until I get to start this game, but I wanted the launch edition + the Amazon Prime discount. I finished Yakuza 3 and 4 last year and fell in love with the series.

Latest addition to my Juni Ito books.

Every time I finish a game, I keep meaning to finally play Mother 3... Maybe this book is finally going to make me give it a try.

illusionary

Two cheap pickups of the week - Bully: Scholarship Edition on Wii as an impulse buy, and an Xbox 360 copy of Hitman: Absolution[/I, following its announcement for backwards-compatibility.

My order for GTA IV at a good price failed on me when Amazon sent a foreign language copy. :(

TSirr9D.jpg

Got these all off ebay. Got majoras for about 50. Almost snagged a second copy for cheaper for a friend but it got bidded to high. Also 1 classic wrestling pick up and one of my fav iterations of the ss series

And then I opened the rest of my mail. Got them all for good prices and I'm really happy that these 3 all showed up(especially dkc2 which I had stolen out of my collection a little over a decade ago). Now I'm just concerned about what to play first :s

I just want to say thank you for the monthly pick up thread! I've been following this for past few months and it's a great pleasure looking through the stuff you guys post. :)

I find it curious how few posts this thread gets these days compared to, say, 3 years ago.

I find it curious how few posts this thread gets these days compared to, say, 3 years ago.
I noticed that too. I went into the 2016 feb thread and noticed it had nearly triple the pages. Maybe it's the number of releases or gaffers are purchasing a lot less due to economic reasons

TheMoon

I noticed that too. I went into the 2016 feb thread and noticed it had nearly triple the pages. Maybe it's the number of releases or gaffers are purchasing a lot less due to economic reasons

I personally stopped posting pics due to laziness, just reading now. Just do it randomly now and then again if I buy something relevant not many others might post here.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interaction. That, and you have people who purposely post once a month just to get within the first few posts for maximum views. It feels way more manufactured and way less organic than it used to.

I've been hyper busy with work (new job, yay!) so I haven't had time for pictures recently, but I wanted to take a second and snap some shots of what I've picked up over the past two months. :)

P4_Luigi.jpg

Picked up an important entry in my small but nice Vita game collection. I absolutely love Persona 3 and it's one of my top 5 RPGs of all time, but Persona 4 didn't super grab me. I know that this Golden version is supposed to be super excellent, so I'm going to give the game another chance. I also got Luigi's Mansion for my gf, and she's already poured hours into it.

Rasp.jpg

The newest model Raspberry Pi!

image.jpg

SNES.jpg

Finally, I got these to use my with new Pi. These things were waaaaaay too expensive, but I fell in love with the accurate design and just how damn good they feel. I picked the FC controller up first, and then had to get the SNES version. Certainly cost a mint, but these will hopefully last me a long time.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interaction. That, and you have people who purposely post once a month just to get within the first few posts for maximum views. It feels way more manufactured and way less organic than it used to.

Hmm maybe we should add a rule of not posting anything bought within the first 25 days of the previous month. That way people will be inclined to post their stuff right away instead of waiting? I'm sure this thread was never intended to be a dick-measuring contest.

Hmm maybe we should add a rule of not posting anything bought within the first 25 days of the previous month. That way people will be inclined to post their stuff right away instead of waiting? I'm sure this thread was never intended to be a dick-measuring contest.

Ah, I don't think that's necessary. I think it's just one of those things where the thread had a 'community' and now it's really shrunk. I used to post a lot more but it just doesn't feel necessary anymore. I also just don't buy very much anymore. These days most of my spare income is spent on index funds and I don't think anybody wants to see my brokerage transactions.

Just speculating, but I think it's just about it being February...many people probably spent their gaming/entertainment money on Black Friday/Boxing Day/Christmas deals, and now they're not buying as much. Plus, as someone mentioned, the economy sucks and folks need to save. That being said, I expect next month's thread to be packed with Switch stuff.

In any case, I always enjoy these threads, whether short or long. :)

I like to read stories of why someone picked something up, or some detail behind a purchase. Something more than just a bunch of paper and plastic images on a shelf. I'm bad about that too sometimes, but perhaps I can lead by example going forward.

I dunno if anyone else gets anything out of knowing backstories behind purchases, but I find that just as interesting as the purchases themselves. I also think maybe if someone sees a huge dump of photos in one post they tend to just gloss over. I'm more of a mind to see more posts by these same people on a regular basis.

But this isn't my thread. Just my opinions. I have the same complaints sometimes about the setups thread. Let me get some insight on the decisions you made, etc.

I like to read stories of why someone picked something up, or some detail behind a purchase. Something more than just a bunch of paper and plastic images on a shelf. I'm bad about that too sometimes, but perhaps I can lead by example going forward.

I dunno if anyone else gets anything out of knowing backstories behind purchases, but I find that just as interesting as the purchases themselves. I also think maybe if someone sees a huge dump of photos in one post they tend to just gloss over. I'm more of a mind to see more posts by these same people on a regular basis.

But this isn't my thread. Just my opinions. I have the same complaints sometimes about the setups thread. Let me get some insight on the decisions you made, etc.

Same I love knowing the backstory and reasoning behind people's purchases. It's fascinating to see the different reasons that draw people to make their purchases. I thought I was an oddball but I'm glad I'm not the only one, I have no issue with their being fewer posts I just hope this monthly thread doesn't die out as it's interesting to see the passage of GAFs purchases through the years.

Justinh

I always try to at least have a sentence or two for each picture I post (or pictures of "a thing") because I always looked at this thread as show and tell, so I wanted to make sure I'd "tell" something even if it wasn't that interesting. I never really expect anyone to actually read them though.

I do also try to post less in the monthly thread though, so I'm not spamming it up or something. I usually wait until I have a good sized "haul" before I post, but I don't "hoard" a bunch pickups for the next month just to get more people to see them. I will hold off if I get a couple things the last few days of a month though until my next post.

Two cheap pickups of the week - Bully: Scholarship Edition on Wii as an impulse buy, and an Xbox 360 copy of Hitman: Absolution, following its announcement for backwards-compatibility.

I ignored Hitman Absolution when it first came out because I generally didn't like Hitman games (except for the 2nd), but I'm having a great time with Hitman Absolution. I had to use a guide at first to "get a handle on the game" though.

As one of the people who 'purposely post once a month'... for starters, I honestly don't believe that "gets you more views". I follow up this thread the entire month, and each of the posts essentially get MY view at least.

As for the reason, I actually do it because it's more convenient. I take the pictures around the time that I get the games in.

But then I still have to edit the pictures a little bit (crop the images + make them a bit more bright), and upload them and create the post with all the links etc. Which I prefer to do in one go, rather than every single time I get a game in.

Ecto311

Most views? Who does that? What does that do? This isn't reddit where the first comments get the most upvotes. Maybe you mean the buy sell trade thread where people aim for the top of the page where it matters a bit?

Getting older I see less and less of an urge to share the silly shit I buy. Maybe if I get something really interesting or original I will but mostly I just click the view last post and scroll back till I have seen everything being posted here.

Still one of my favorite posts on gaf just because I find out when new stuff is out or things I didn't even know existed.

Justinh

GtdywKY.jpg

My second HRAPIV Kai

Now I got a black and white one

...also bought the mug too :D
I already have a VLX, so I'm not too into the market for another PS4 stick (then again, you can never have buy too many fightsticks), but damn I think these look so good in white.

AlfaTrion

Here are my Jan'17 pickups!
I got a shirt from Extra Life for making a certain amount of money for my local children's hospital. I wore it this Feb 4th during my 24hr stream. Wow was it tiring! I was lucky to have people with me the whole time and we had a blast! This year we will do 2x 12hr days instead of all at once. We're too old!!

Anyway we made almost $6,200 USD for SickKids Hospital in Toronto!

ImVDENl.jpg

New mousepad

VSk19Aj.jpg

Got some reading to catch up on

zOAltTi.jpg

Bought and played this on Steam. Firewatch was a fun experience similar to Gone Home but with a completely different feeling at the end.

YdwCg7z.jpg

Bought and finished Alone with You. TRY IT! It's great and made in Canada.

PvSO5aa.jpg

I'm currently playing the first Danganrompa:

1TCXkyg.jpg

Finaly picked up Trails of Cold Steel II and a grip for my Vita

mnX2LB3.jpg

Awesome secret santa gift!

s1TsmzE.jpg

Mirror's Edge was on a ridiculous sale so I had to get it!

jBg4gvu.jpg

Just bought a PS3 Slim 500GB and PS4 Pro, and started picking up all the PS3 games I missed (already have a pretty decent collection on PSN). Then Best Buy had that $25 off $100 and I ended up preordering a whole bunch of stuff and picking up some other console exclusives. Here's everything physical I've bought in the last like two weeks:

I'm a monster. I also picked up digital versions of Yakuza 0, Super Robot Wars V and a couple other things on PSN that were on sale.

Top Bottom