• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Spinky

#WHENS

#JACK

#BAKER

5B56E83C8041E26622307E864D4432AB3CEEA202

(If he doesn't use the car and do donuts on you in his Hyper, Capcom dun fucked up.)

Here's a leak from Gamefaqs (probably fake but it can give us something to talk about in the meantime)

"Im not going to make a spectacle of this, just gonna get right to the point.
Believe me. Don't. I don't care either way.

Characters that I can confirm that are in:
Hunter (from Monster Hunter)

Rathalos (though I will admit that this one is shaky because they might've nixed it to only be in the Hunter's moveset for a Hyper because Giants might be done away with as playable, and Rathalos was planned to be part of the Hyper regardless)

Strider Hiryu

Leon Kennedy

Jedah

Nathan Spencer

Captain Commando

Spider-Man

Doctor Octopus

Venom

Songbird

Ms. Marvel

Ant-Man

Rocket (but Groot is now part of his moveset)

Black Panther

Doctor Strange

X-Men characters will be in, but might actually not be DLC.
Before you freak out, there's an asterisk by this, and that "only if the game gets delayed from its 2017 release date". Otherwise, they're DLC.
Don't get your hopes up too much, but don't lose it either.
Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, and Super-Skrull are also in, but will be DLC as far as I've heard.

On the Capcom side of things, Captain Commando might be DLC and not a launch character.
The thing with him is that he might be moved to being DLC but is undecided as far as I heard.
GnG is seemingly getting a rep from what I know too.
But I am not in the exact know as to who, or if they'll be a launch character or DLC. Sorry.
I just know it's getting one.
As for the character itself, I don't see how it'd be anyone other than Arthur or Firebrand.
But I do suppose there is always the chance of them using Astaroth.
Regardless, be prepared for GnG getting a rep.

And don't bug me and ask me to know the rest of the roster. I only know what I know.
Hopefully this will tide you over."

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Here's a leak from Gamefaqs (probably fake but it can give us something to talk about in the meantime)

Yeah, it could spark some debates. I'm going to toss my 2 cents on this matter, I really find almost all of the characters really safe, along with leaked characters (see my OP). Only character that stand out for me is Hunter and Songbird. I have been rooting for Songbird ever since Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 but I'm not sure if her inclusion is likely. I would be glad if she get in. For hunter, did they said that they would like to avoid generic (monster) hunter for versus fighting game, or am I mistaken on that matter?

Neoxon

I kinda wanted to post the list yesterday, but GameFAQs, you know? But hey, it's good for speculation.

Yeah, it could spark some debates. I'm going to toss my 2
cents on this matter, I really find almost all of the characters really safe, along with leaked characters (see my OP). Only character that stand out for me is Hunter and Songbird. I have been rooting for Songbird ever since Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 but I'm not sure if her inclusion is likely. I would be glad if she get in. For hunter, did they said that they would like to avoid generic (monster) hunter for versus fighting game, or am I mistaken on that matter?
Songbird's actually being pushed in the Avengers Assemble cartoon, so there's that.

Neoxon

Oh really? I didn't know that. I'm glad that she's getting the push she deserve. (I know I'm being biased)
She, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, & Red Hulk were all part of the replacement Mighty Avengers when the OG Avengers refused to support the Inhuman Registration Act. They all ended up joining the actual Avengers team in the end.

I will hold hope for Psylocke as DLC, at least she was considered for Ultimate and was the top requested female from Marvel IIRC.

As some of you have said, the list from GF is pretty safe, i see almost all of them making the cut. I need Daredevil though hahah

The leak had my interest until it started hedging its bets and giving speculation maybe/maybe not which always screams fake. Historically real leaks are ones with just names or a minor description of something (like the 4chan switch event leak).

As others have said that leak roster is probably 80% right just by the nature or being super safe picks for the most part.

Neoxon

Another thing to note is that the rumors of Marvel doing away with the Fox ban are picking up steam, especially with rumors of a "Marvel Rebirth" of sorts that's meant to bring the F4 back, put the X-Men back in the spotlight, & reinstate some of the main heroes back in their iconic roles. I believe there were also rumors of an X-Men cartoon being announced later this year, which would truly end the ban.

I sincerely hope this is true, but that could line up with the X-Men being there on Day 1 if the game gets delayed past 2017.

TreIII

Far too safe. Also, I still have issues with the idea of a Hunter from MonHun getting in, when all signs have pointed to the idea that such a thing isn't that likely, unless the MonHun dev team has had that much of a change of heart (or otherwise made an allowance for the director of MvC Infinite, who used to be one of them).

Neoxon

Songbird I've wanted since the first game too. This leak seems fake as heck though.

Who knows.
I recall similar sentiments about the Injustice 2 leak back in December before it proved to be accurate. It's really hard to say right now (with us having too little information) beyond just gut feelings. Though given previous GameFAQs "leaks", history would point towards it being fake, but the same could be said of 4chan.

That said, I wouldn't call Captain Commando, Jedah, Songbird, and having both Doc Ock & Venom to be safe per-say. The only truly "safe" picks are MCU characters & Ms. Marvel on the Marvel side.

Another thing to note is that the rumors of Marvel doing away with the Fox ban are picking up steam, especially with rumors of a "Marvel Rebirth" of sorts that's meant to bring the F4 back, put the X-Men back in the spotlight, & reinstate some of the main heroes back in their iconic roles. I believe there were also rumors of an X-Men cartoon being announced later this year, which would truly end the ban.

I sincerely hope this is true, but that could line up with the X-Men being there on Day 1 if the game gets delayed past 2017.
Do you have more info on those rumors? I remember reading about the X-Men cartoon though.

It seems possible with Secret Empire and the latest announcement "Marvel Generations" coming summer. I really hope it's the case, the X-Men are ny favorite Marvel heroes since I watched TAS an read some of their comics as a kid.

Neoxon

Do you have more info on those rumors? I remember reading about the X-Men cartoon though.

It seems possible with Secret Empire and the latest announcement "Marvel Generations" coming summer. I really hope it's the case, the X-Men are ny favorite Marvel heroes since I watch TAS an reading some of their comics as a kid.
I believe it was Bleeding Cool, but I can't really go link-hunting right now since I'm in class.

Far too safe. Also, I still have issues with the idea of a Hunter from MonHun getting in, when all signs have pointed to the idea that such a thing isn't that likely, unless the MonHun dev team has had that much of a change of heart (or otherwise made an allowance for the director of MvC Infinite, who used to be one of them).

Monster Hunter has evolved into doing more spin off things since MvC3 times so I wouldn't just assume because they said no back then doesn't mean they'll say no today.

I recall similar sentiments about the Injustice 2 leak back in December before it proved to be accurate. It's really hard to say right now (with us having too little information) beyond just gut feelings. Though given previous GameFAQs "leaks", history would point towards it being fake, but the same could be said of 4chan.

That said, I wouldn't call Captain Commando, Jedah, Songbird, and having both Doc Ock & Venom to be safe per-say. The only truly "safe" picks are MCU characters & Ms. Marvel on the Marvel side.

I assume this leak isn't the full roster either since it doesn't add up to even our more conservative roster size speculations.

J-Tier

MonHun is one of their best selling games, so Capcom or Marvel could have pushed for it hard. Capcom's incentive is obvious, though Marvel's would be to want to have an "all star" cast to match up against their characters, and what would capture the consumer's attention more than a representative from one of the best selling games from Capcom's repertoire?

I would personally prefer a playable monster though.

And I also think the leak's language is weird, esp. the way the "leaker" talks about DLC.

Neoxon

Monster Hunter has evolved into doing more spin off things since MvC3 times so I wouldn't just assume because they said no back then doesn't mean they'll say no today.

I assume this leak isn't the full roster either since it doesn't add up to even our more conservative roster size speculations.
It's very possible that the MH team had a change-of-heart, or the MvCI team put up a more compelling argument for the MH Hunter in MvC than the (U)MvC3 team.

But yeah, it's definitely not the full roster. The guy who posted it even made sure to make that clear.

MonHun is one of their best selling games, so Capcom or Marvel could have pushed for it hard. Capcom's incentive is obvious, though Marvel's would be to want to have an "all star" cast to match up against their characters, and what would capture the consumer's attention more than a representative from one of the best selling games from Capcom's repertoire?

And I also think the leak's language is weird, esp. the way the "leaker" talks about DLC.
Considering that the Fox ban is said to have impacted the base roster, Capcom was likely thinking about bringing them back as DLC from Day 1 of development. It was likely a matter of convincing Marvel to go along with it, & the stars must have aligned since Marvel-Fox relations were starting to improve. That may explain all the DLC talk.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that I believe the leak. I'm mainly taking a wait-&-see stance on the matter until more information comes out.

TreIII

Up to now, the story for why a Hunter never made it was because they didn't want a solitary Hunter design, with one weapon, to represent the entire brand. It's not like how you could, say, put one Link in Smash and adequately rep all of them. And unlike with Dante, real-time weapon switching isn't a thing in MonHun, so you couldn't hope to satisfy everybody if you just put in a guy with a Rathalos set of armor and a Great Sword.

It's why either an actual Monster, or a cute character like a Felyne or Cha-Cha, made more sense if a MH rep made it in. The pressure would be off because either side has defined movesets and looks, at the very least.

J-Tier

leek

Captain Marvel
Dr. Strange
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Fist
Iron Man
Loki
MODOK
Medusa
Ms. Marvel
Punisher
Rocket Raccoon
Spider-Man (Morales)
Spider-Man (Parker)
Star-Lord
Thor
Vision
Ultron
Thanos
Albert Wesker
Amaterasu
Bulleta
Chun-Li
Dante
Jedah
Jill Valentine
Leilei
Mega Man X
Morrigan
Nash
Phoenix Wright
Ryu
Spencer
Strider
Vergil
Zero
Sigma
Akuma

WatTsu

I don't hate that roster (even if I'd rather have Drax or Gamora over Star-Lord and Spencer better be the original one and not that mistake from 2009). I am curious why they'd pick Nash, who seems like the least essential Street Fighter on the list - but that's mostly personal preference.

In general, most of the characters I'd want are on it, at least on the Marvel side. I'd like more series diversity on Capcom's part but my only criteria for the Capcom side was "please put an actual Mega Man back in it". They did that when they announced the game so I'm happy.

That list don't even have Captain America on it

Also this.

opricnik

Banned
lol at Morales. Who fucking believes that shit.

BTW Gamefaq version is better , i would cum in pants if Venom and Dock made it.

Neoxon

BTW Gamefaq version is better , i would cum in pants if Venom and Dock made it.
Fun Fact: Miles Morales was one of the 8 characters who would have been included in UMvC3 if the devs had more time.

Miles & Ms. Marvel are two of Marvel's best new characters in recent memory (hell, Miles is getting his own animated movie). It wouldn't surprise me that much if Miles got in MvCI.

opricnik

Banned

This was 7 years ago. Things change.

opricnik

Banned
Fun Fact: Miles Morales was one of the 8 characters who would have been included in UMvC3 if the devs had more time.

Miles & Ms. Marvel are two of Marvel's best new characters in recent memory (hell, Miles is getting his own animated movie). It wouldn't surprise me that much if Miles got in MvCI.

I am %100 sure Miles isn't in the game. Betting my Account + 5$ on this..
Like no way. Agent Venom would be in before him(which he has 0 chance cause OG Venom is best .)

To be fair, it's not like the roster will be exclusively MCU on the Marvel side.

course not but songbird? cmon.

Morales is actually one of the most likely characters to make it into the game. Marvel is pushing him up into the fucking sky, much like Kamala and Gwenpool.

I am %100 sure Miles isn't in the game. Betting my Account + 5$ on this..
Like no way. Agent Venom would be in before him(which he has 0 chance cause OG Venom is best .)

rofl

opricnik

Banned
course not but songbird? cmon.

Morales is actually one of the most likely characters to make it into the game. Marvel is pushing him up into the fucking sky, much like Kamala and Gwenpool.

Kamala has chance but Gwen Pool and Morales are 0 tbh.Marvel pushing somethings on comics doesn't mean mainstream will like it. They push weird shits like Female Thor which nobody cared too.

Deadpool will be DLC probably not gonna bother gwenpool at all.

They literally would be crazy to miss Deadpool dlc when next year Deadpool 2 hype is coming.

marvel doesnt hate money guys.

Kamala has chance but Gwen Pool and Morales are 0 tbh.Marvel pushing somethings on comics doesn't mean mainstream will like it. They push weird shits like Female Thor which nobody cared too.

yet jane fosthor was made playable in every recent marvel game.
puzzle quest, marvel heroes, lego avengers, avengers alliance, contest of champions, future fight and avengers academy all got her. you will notice that that's ALL current marvel games.

Neoxon

Deadpool will be DLC probably not gonna bother gwenpool at all.

They literally would be crazy to miss Deadpool dlc when next year Deadpool 2 hype is coming.

marvel doesnt hate money guys.
  • I think you forgot the part when I said that Miles is getting his own animated movie. The guy's popular, about as popular as Ms. Marvel right now. Also, Lady Thor was playable in a ton of recent Marvel games. Same for Gwenpool, but her inclusion in Marvel games was more recent. Speaking of...
  • Gwenpool's likelihood of getting in the base roster kinda depends on if Capcom believed that they could convince Marvel to allow Fox characters as DLC when the base roster was decided.

Top Bottom