• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's like Pillars of Eternity.
i don't know shit about these types of rpgs so that looks like diablo too.
Divinity: Original Sin is probably the closes new release. If you like story in games you really should look it up on youtube. It looks great.
i'll check it out.

ah, that looks like diablo too. these types of games take a lot of dedication so I don't know if i'm ready for it yet.

maybe i should just take a break from gaming and look at mass effect next month. yakuza 0 was a great game though.

Ryder's character kit was updated with a newer image. Scott's as well. Still think she looks perfectly fine.

C4_-FTRUMAAzH7M
She looks good. Now if they only let me change her hairstyle and hair color then we'll be golden.

just beat yakuza 0 yesterday. i don't want to get horizon zero dawn at launch so i'm wondering if i should get mass effect.
I'm in the same position. Planning to get MEA and Nier atm.

Staf

i don't know shit about these types of rpgs so that looks like diablo too.

i'll check it out.

ah, that looks like diablo too. these types of games take a lot of dedication so I don't know if i'm ready for it yet.

maybe i should just take a break from gaming and look at mass effect next month. yakuza 0 was a great game though.

IF you haven't played Divinity: Original Sin then play that instead lol! That game is amazing, one of the best tactical combat system ever. Me and my GF couch-coop that game on the PS4 all the way through and she rarely plays/enjoys games.

I'm in the same position. Planning to get MEA and Nier atm.
oh hey it is you! seen you around in the 0 thread I think.
IF you haven't played Divinity: Original Sin then play that instead lol! That game is amazing, one of the best tactical combat system ever. Me and my GF couch-coop that game on the PS4 all the way through and she rarely plays/enjoys games.
OK man I will check it out if I find it for a nice price. I like games with a good story.

Someone should ask him if we can make adjustments to default Ryders.
yeah you're also the guy who made these avys for us

also I think you were in the kazuya mishima vs kazuma kiryu thread i made 2 years ago
Hmmm, not sure about Kazuya vs Kazuma one, but yeah, you can usually find me in Yakuza related threads.

EDIT:
Oh, wow. You've got an impressive memory.

X-Frame

Wow, the face code sharing simpleness is absolutely wonderful wonderful news, or however it works.

Looking forward to seeing what people create. Hopefully there is another website that collects them all again like masseffect2faces.com did.

Yeul

Ugh that's so good to know, thank you for asking about that! Now I don't have to pull a DA:I and open save data, have an always-on-top ruler program on my screen, and map the coordinates........yeah.

Lucreto

Hopefully it's better than the Inquisition face creator. It was a pain trying to copy faces from screenshots. Let's hope it's for all platforms and not just PC.

Doodis

All I wanted from my Kinect was to be able to scan my face to make my Mass Effect character look like me. Thanks for nothing, world.

X-Frame

Hopefully it's better than the Inquisition face creator. It was a pain trying to copy faces from screenshots. Let's hope it's for all platforms and not just PC.

The biggest issue is when the character creator lighting doesn't represent the actual game very much, causing many issues when the game actually starts and the face looks way different. This happened in Inquisition a lot and was unfortunate.

Devs won't answer, shinobi won't answer... what's the big secret..

I wish they'd just answer that. All this silence is giving me some (most likely false) hope which might lead to disappointment.
You're asking if you can tweak the default Ryders? No, you can't.

I think people will be real pleased with the character creator though. I've seen a few different Ryders and how the family looks change based off of it and the tech there is mighty impressive. I'd go as far as to say they looked better than the defaults.

prag16

Banned

I think people will be real pleased with the character creator though. I've seen a few different Ryders and how the family looks change based off of it and the tech there is mighty impressive. I'd go as far as to say they looked better than the defaults.
Bummer that the defaults still can't be tweaked. But great to hear that the creator actually may create non-hideous faces this time.

RGB wheel for the ending too this time? Trolol.

Yeul

I can't wait to see everyone's Ryder fam, I really liked that "Show us your Inquisitor" thread from way back (even though I didn't keep the character I initially posted in that thread).

Patryn

Bummer that the defaults still can't be tweaked. But great to hear that the creator actually may create non-hideous faces this time.

If the faces are scanned from models, there could be several reasons why they're not editable.

For one thing, as their face isn't necessarily built from the face creation engine, it's entirely possible that the default face is impossible to recreate in it, meaning that allowing it to be manipulated would also be impossible.

Secondly, if they are a licensed face, there may be certain complications in allowing for slight tweaking of the appearance.

Ah, that's a bummer. Thanks for answering though, at least now I won't get myself disappointed over it.

Yeul

Yeah, customizable characters use different texture types with transparency so that you can adjust makeup, scars, freckles, etc. and layer that all onto a single character to create different complexions. In all likelihood the face-scanned Ryders don't have alphas which prevent such changes from being possible.

prag16

Banned
If the faces are scanned from models, there could be several reasons why they're not editable.

For one thing, as their face isn't necessarily built from the face creation engine, it's entirely possible that the default face is impossible to recreate in it, meaning that allowing it to be manipulated would also be impossible.

Secondly, if they are a licensed face, there may be certain complications in allowing for slight tweaking of the appearance.
Yeah, figured the first reason was likely. Didn't even think of the second reason. Good point.

I can't wait to see everyone's Ryder fam, I really liked that "Show us your Inquisitor" thread from way back (even though I didn't keep the character I initially posted in that thread).

With how easy it seems it'll be to share great looking faces with other gamers, I look forward to participating heavily in that. It'll be nice to help people that aren't great at CC's. I fancy myself an expert of sorts :D Tons of celebrities, models etc. to be done.

Yeul

With how easy it seems it'll be to share great looking faces with other gamers, I look forward to participating heavily in that. It'll be nice to help people that aren't great at CC's. I fancy myself an expert of sorts :D Tons of celebrities, models etc. to be done.

Same I have a really fun time and make good-looking characters if I do say so myself lol.

That's a bit of a disappointment. I like default Scott, but wanted to tweak him a bit. If the quality of the CC-made characters is comparable to the Bioware-built ones though, I may just create my own... Or wait until someone makes and shares a ridiculously good looking one :)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm gonna spend a lot of time in the character editor hoping I can get something resembling the asian female with the ponytail in Battlefront.

untitled-1n9suc.jpg

MartyStu

Any news on if the Geth somehow made their way over to Andromeda?

Definitely my favorite race from the first game. I would LOVE another Geth squad mate.

Sou Da

Any news on if the Geth somehow made their way over to Andromeda?

Definitely my favorite race from the first game. I would LOVE another Geth squad mate.

I don't know if they said anything about it but I'd highly doubt it. You're going to get another "VI" though, it's connected to your nervous system.

Watched that video Shinobi linked, and the guy mentioned that the Nexus level thing in the upper right corner might be your multiplayer level. Which made me think: Has base building in the style of Inquisition been confirmed? I always thought that Nexus bar was meant for that previously.

Lt-47

Watched that video Shinobi linked, and the guy mentioned that the Nexus level thing in the upper right corner might be your multiplayer level. Which made me think: Has base building in the style of Inquisition been confirmed? I always thought that Nexus bar was meant for that previously.

It has been briefly mention in an podcast with Aaryn and in the old leak. Not a lot of info aside from the fact that you can choose what kind of outpost you want to construct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom