• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, this really made me sad during ME2 and ME3 browsing all the Face Codes because every single one was PC and modded in some way. I know there was a way to do it on the 360 but I didn't want to go through all the hassle.

While I'm sure there will still be PC mods to include features or models or hairstyles that BioWare didn't include, hopefully it's much less required.
Even if other people go for crazy PC mods as usual, I'm hopeful that ME-GAF won't disappoint us and provides some good face slides for the default CC.

Come on ME-GAF, I'm counting on you guys :)

Edit: sorry for the dp.

prag16

Banned
I wonder if there's any truth in that rumour originating from some supposed "leak" not too long ago that your sibling
gets crippled with a debilitating injury when being taken out of cryo-sleep

We haven't seen any footage of the two together in-game so I'm guessing whatever happens the opposing sibling can't be too important to the overall story. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
I saw that rumor. I'm hoping that turns out to be not true. Kinda lame.

Patryn

Sorry for being anal, but if you're going to discuss that spoiler, could you guys possibly just spoiler all the talk? It's not difficult to get some implications from how you're talking, even if I'm not trying to read the posts.

diaspora

Sorry for being anal, but if you're going to discuss that spoiler, could you guys possibly just spoiler all the talk? It's not difficult to get some implications from how you're talking, even if I'm not trying to read the posts.

ZKCXVpE.jpg

prag16

Banned
This one? Spoiled just in case someone doesn't want to see that. Looks like a fairly early scene.

If that's her, that fits with the rumor I guess.

In that particular trailer, Scott was the "lead". You see he's helping Sara as if she can't stand on her own. If it's early in the game, she could be dealing with whatever damage the cryopod issue caused. He's probably getting her to safety where she'll be recovering elsewhere for most of the game. I'd then figure she'll show up late in the game to serve some kind of purpose.

Eh, I guess it could be okay depending on how they handled it.
But I was hoping the sibling would be more "present" than that.

Killzig

If that's her, that fits with the rumor I guess.

In that particular trailer, Scott was the "lead". You see he's helping Sara as if she can't stand on her own. If it's early in the game, she could be dealing with whatever damage the cryopod issue caused. He's probably getting her to safety where she'll be recovering elsewhere for most of the game. I'd then figure she'll show up late in the game to serve some kind of purpose.

Eh, I guess it could be okay depending on how they handled it.
But I was hoping the sibling would be more "present" than that.

That scene fits better with one of the leaks I read that said
your sibling doesn't get injured in a cryo mishap, but instead gets injured during the tutorial level when you're trying to extract.

Xando

your sibling doesn't get injured in a cryo mishap, but instead gets injured during the tutorial level when you're trying to extract.

Yeah that looks like it's most likely on a mission rather than being straight out of cryo sleep (Unless they crashed on a planet before waking up?)

Big Nikus

Agreed, the whole post should have been tagged...

prag16

Banned

Yeah that looks like it's most likely on a mission rather than being straight out of cryo sleep (Unless they crashed on a planet before waking up?)

Yeah I like that idea better, and it does fit.
The "cryo sleep mishap" sounds stupid and random. I'd prefer a tutorial mission injury.

Cranberrys

I'm currently doing a full rerun on the trilogy mainly because I can't wait to play Andromeda and I can't seem to focus on any other game right now.

And I'm playing it on 360 like back in the day (and I don't have the courage to wait and download the trilogy on Xbox One) and I was wondering : is there any update for ME1 on 360 because I reinstalled the game and the two DLCs and I wasn't prompted to download a title update. On ME2 & 3 I downloaded both title updates. I can't even remember if there was an update back then.

Ridesh

Banned
Hey shinobi, have you heard something about mock reviews?

I want this game to be 90+, it should'nt be difficult considering that ME1 has a 91, ME2 a 96 and ME3 a 93, but critics are way harsher these days.

prag16

Banned

I want this game to be 90+, it should'nt be difficult considering that ME1 has a 91, ME2 a 96 and ME3 a 93, but critics are way harsher these days.

Yeah it's tough. Horizon has a lot of perfect scores and is getting pretty much universal acclaim, but is sitting at 88. That's the way it is now.

Recently happened. Can't give specific numbers but I'll share soon.

And yea critics are much harder to please this generation. Just the nature of the beast. Preview feedback is strong.

GeekMarty

Honestly, you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are hoping for any game to surpass a 90 metascore.
Reviews work differently nowadays.

Patryn

Horizon was almost universally praised, and that's an 88.

Expecting a 90 is totally setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'm hoping for 80+. I anticipate it'll end up around 83.

But, honestly, the only thing I care about is whether I like it.

GAF (or the vocal portion) thinks that Dragon Age Inquisition is a terrible game, but it's probably my current GOTG just for how much fun I had with it, so honestly I know I'm a little more biased towards liking Bioware.

SugarDave

Starting to properly sink in now that I'm going to be playing a new Mass Effect in just a few weeks.
3AQmK.gif

I'm not experiencing anything near the excitement levels I had for the trilogy sequels but I think that's mainly due to the fact that I've learned how to handle my expectations more. I went from 13-18 years old in the time it took for the trilogy to be completed and grew up with the series in some ways.

I might pay for the EA Early Access thing just so I can get my character perfect. 10 hours won't be enough to sate my appetite for those few days before release (and thanks to the EU launch date, I'll have a day to plough through the prequel novel) but I can make sure I'm all set to dive in for a marathon when it's fully available.

I'm glad I didn't replay the trilogy too. It's been so long since I've tasted anything Mass Effect that this will hopefully feel like coming home.

Ridesh

Banned
Honestly, you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are hoping for any game to surpass a 90 metascore.
Reviews work differently nowadays.

Horizon was almost universally praised, and that's an 88.

Expecting a 90 is totally setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'm hoping for 80+. I anticipate it'll end up around 83.

But, honestly, the only thing I care about is whether I like it.

GAF (or the vocal portion) thinks that Dragon Age Inquisition is a terrible game, but it's probably my current GOTG just for how much fun I had with it, so honestly I know I'm a little more biased towards liking Bioware.

Sure, but even Dragon Age: Inquisition has a 89.

Doodis

I heard a rumor that
you are actually harvesting your sibling for his/her organs so that whenever you get injured in the game you replace your injured parts with those harvested from your sibling.

Okay, I didn't really hear that.

I could see it getting a 90 or more if the game isn't a bloated mess with uninteresting side-missions and it actually has a large, meaty main story that's decent.

Unfortunately we'll never know until reviews hit because everything is being locked behind guarded doors.

Ridesh

Banned
Even.. DAI "even" won multiple GOTY awards.

It still has "only" 89.
I mean, that even is because that even in the worst case scenario I see this game being better than base DAI unless they fuck up the story in ways that I can't imagine.

Gameplay looks 10/10 based in the latest trailer, my worry is that some of that locations looked really empty.

Mediking

The whole idea of visiting a new planet and meeting a new species is something I'm incredibly looking forward to! It's an experience I can't wait to have again.

Buckle

Really hoping theres more use of looping music in this.

Been finishing up Dragon Age Inquisition and its just kind of depressingly silent most of the time. The world feels oddly dead and unlived in at times.

Which is a shame becuase I really loved the soundtrack to DAI & II.

Patryn

Really hoping theres more use of looping music in this.

Been finishing up Dragon Age Inquisition and its just kind of depressingly silent most of the time. The world feels oddly dead and unlived in at times.

Which is a shame becuase I really loved the soundtrack to DAI & II.

Really? I noticed plenty of incidental music. And plenty of banter!

I mean, your opinions are your opinions, so there's nothing wrong with feeling that way but I have to disagree mightily.

Staf

Is it just me or this weird? I mean, instead of "I want this game to be good" you are basically saying "I want people who write about video games to think this is good".

Anyway, i want and hope this is good lol.

Buckle

Really? I noticed plenty of incidental music. And plenty of banter!

I mean, your opinions are your opinions, so there's nothing wrong with feeling that way but I have to disagree mightily.
Banter was was fine but there were times in the game when you're exploring for hours and the silence just felt odd. It just didn't work for me.

Love the game but man did I wish music wasn't so sparse or light. It really felt like Inquisition over relied on ambiance to set the mood.

It was Bioware's first time making a game this big before though so hopefully its been a good learning experience overall for the way they approach some of the stuff in Andromeda.

Sai

That's a great shot of Cora. Looks a lot better than she does in her character kit.

Banter was was fine but there were times in the game when you're exploring for hours and the silence just felt odd. It just didn't work for me.

Love the game but man did I wish music wasn't so sparse or light. It really felt like Inquisition over relied on ambiance to set the mood.

It was Bioware's first time making a game this big before though so hopefully its been a good learning experience overall for the way they approach some of the stuff in Andromeda.
I preferred the bits of silence to most of the stuff Origins and DA2 offered. There were only two tracks from Origins that I really liked(the main/character creation/camp theme, and that varying loop from Ostagar).

... DA2's was kind of trash.

Inquisition's soundtrack was a huge step up, in my opinion.

Yeul

Inquisition's soundtrack was ridiculously good. I really hope they bring Trevor Morris back for DA4.

Also, Cora looks good! Can't wait to play this at higher resolutions.

I'd only say half of Inquisitions soundtrack was decent, there was a lot of uninteresting filler between the good stuff.

They must be scrambling to finish the one in Andromeda though because by almost this point before ME3's launch we already had half the tracks leaked and confirmed knowledge of who was composing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'd only say half of Inquisitions soundtrack was decent, there was a lot of uninteresting filler between the good stuff.

They must be scrambling to finish the one in Andromeda though because by almost this point before ME3's launch we already had half the tracks leaked and confirmed knowledge of who was composing.

To be honest, half the tracks in ME3 were recycled from the past games. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom