• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are we going to have a ~5 mins gameplay video every week from now on? Maybe more than once considering we have one month left and still so much to learn?

Are we going to have a ~5 mins gameplay video every week from now on? Maybe more than once considering we have one month left and still so much to learn?

They've already confirmed that it's a weekly thing. There's also going to be previews in the coming weeks and IGN coverage in the month of March.

DevilDog

That and the MP are still the real mysteries. Kinda crazy that they haven't shown either yet.

Why is it crazy? This is what most companies should be doing anyway. The closer to release you get to see the content, the more representative of the actual product they will be.

prag16

Banned
That and the MP are still the real mysteries. Kinda crazy that they haven't shown either yet.

Definitely not that crazy that we haven't seen the character creator yet. As for multi, we did see that 2 second clip, heh. I'm sure they'll show more soon. Still no date for the multiplayer beta, eh? It's getting damn close to release..

Dineren

Banned
I'm kind of glad it has been marketed like this. It always sucks seeing a bunch of info about a game, getting excited about it, and then finding out you have to wait 6 months to a year before you get to play it. This way it wasn't on my radar at all before February.

That said, it doesn't seem like it would necessarily be great for the game's sales, but they would have a lot more knowledge on marketing than me.

That's a bit of a disappointment. I like default Scott, but wanted to tweak him a bit. If the quality of the CC-made characters is comparable to the Bioware-built ones though, I may just create my own... Or wait until someone makes and shares a ridiculously good looking one :)

Making a tweaked Scott Ryder is likely going to be fairly easy anyway. He doesn't have a look that'd be difficult at all to achieve with say the DAI CC. I'm sure that like you said there will be lots of tweaked Scotts (and Sara's) floating around.

Sara's look is much more unique than Scott's so that could take a while. I think we're going to have people trying to recreate that trailer Sara in her first reveal, or maybe just a more idealized model-ish version of her that still has her vibe. With that said, count me in the camp that likes her default look just fine as it is right now.

Same I have a really fun time and make good-looking characters if I do say so myself lol.

Yea It's been one of my favorite things in Bioware games since DAO. Really can't wait to see how in depth this new CC is going to be!

Lucreto

I think people will be real pleased with the character creator though. I've seen a few different Ryders and how the family looks change based off of it and the tech there is mighty impressive. I'd go as far as to say they looked better than the defaults.

Do you know if there will be an option to adjust the face midgame like using the mirror in the Black Emporium in Inquisition?

watching the horizon zero dawn video reviews, it's clear that mass effect was an influence, with the dialogue wheel. unless stuff like that's been in games before.

I was okay with microtransactions in ME3 but locking classes is a terrible idea in the long term IMO. It sucks for players who want to return to the MP after several years.

They have to make money sure, but I hope Bioware offer a loot box with 1 "guaranteed character" to minimize the RNG factor at least.

Can't wait to the MP reveal.

DevilDog

I was okay with microtransactions in ME3 but locking classes is a terrible idea in the long term IMO. It sucks for players who want to return to the MP after several years.

They have to make money sure, but I hope Bioware offer a loot box with 1 "guaranteed character" to minimize the RNG factor at least.

Can't wait to the MP reveal.

I'd rather have them go with the overwatch route, duplicates give credits you can spend to buy the characters you want.

Making a tweaked Scott Ryder is likely going to be fairly easy anyway. He doesn't have a look that'd be difficult at all to achieve with say the DAI CC. I'm sure that like you said there will be lots of tweaked Scotts (and Sara's) floating around.

Sara's look is much more unique than Scott's so that could take a while. I think we're going to have people trying to recreate that trailer Sara in her first reveal, or maybe just a more idealized model-ish version of her that still has her vibe. With that said, count me in the camp that likes her default look just fine as it is right now.
Fingers crossed that we'll see more console compatible slides this time around from community. I remember searching for DAI slides and every time I would find something interesting, the creator was using some crazy mods so it was essentially exclusive to the PC version :(

I'd rather have them go with the overwatch route, duplicates give credits you can spend to buy the characters you want.

I don't think I've ever seen one of those that didn't screw you with your pants on when it came to duplicate rewards. I'd prefer his suggestion, offer a high-% character pack at each rarity level.

DevilDog

I don't think I've ever seen one of those that didn't screw you with your pants on when it came to duplicate rewards. I'd prefer his suggestion, offer a high-% character pack at each rarity level.

It works because duplicates count towards credits, which in turn allows you to pick specifically the thing you want, rather than hoping of randomly getting it.

It's almost a guarantee that you can buy whoever you want, it's just a matter of time, rather than a matter of time and luck.

Hmm, so in order to distract myself from my disappointment of the combat trailer I decided to go through my backlog and beat games I never touched while I wait for Andromeda to come out. Started up Saints Row 4 expecting something different to a BioWare game and it turned out to be one giant half-parody of Mass Effect 2.

Spaceship with a crew, crew romances, loyalty missions that help you get the best ending, probing planets for element uno (aka zero). A lot of people at Volition must have liked the Mass Effect series.

I thought it was pretty amusing. Did BioWare and Volition studios ever acknowledge this?

Tovarisc

mzUCHsU.png

https://twitter.com/MrJoelMac/status/833788228079595521

DevilDog

Hmm, so in order to distract myself from my disappointment of the combat trailer I decided to go through my backlog and beat games I never touched while I wait for Andromeda to come out. Started up Saints Row 4 expecting something different to a BioWare game and it turned out to be one giant half-parody of Mass Effect 2.

Spaceship with a crew, crew romances, loyalty missions that help you get the best ending, probing planets for element uno (aka zero). A lot of people at Volition must have liked the Mass Effect series.

I thought it was pretty amusing. Did BioWare and Volition studios ever acknowledge this?
What dissapointed you about it?

Saints row 4 huh? Maybe I should...

X-Frame

Fingers crossed that we'll see more console compatible slides this time around from community. I remember searching for DAI slides and every time I would find something interesting, the creator was using some crazy mods so it was essentially exclusive to the PC version :(

Yup, this really made me sad during ME2 and ME3 browsing all the Face Codes because every single one was PC and modded in some way. I know there was a way to do it on the 360 but I didn't want to go through all the hassle.

While I'm sure there will still be PC mods to include features or models or hairstyles that BioWare didn't include, hopefully it's much less required.

It works because duplicates count towards credits, which in turn allows you to pick specifically the thing you want, rather than hoping of randomly getting it.

It's almost a guarantee that you can buy whoever you want, it's just a matter of time, rather than a matter of time and luck.

Yeah, but you're also guaranteed to be able to get it eventually if you just get packs constantly, and the pricing models for the per-item purchases just does not seem to work out. I'd prefer having it take out stuff as you earn it.

What dissapointed you about it?

Saints row 4 huh? Maybe I should...

SR4's main ME2 parody effect is that there's a central ship where you can talk to your crew and, I swear to god, bang every single one of them with the press of a button.

Except Vice President Keith David (the voice of David Anderson), because he's classy like that.

I've already aired my grievances, much to peoples dismay. It's for the best that I just save my complaints for the spoiler thread after the game releases and I've beaten it, don't want to ruin everyone's excitement.
Don't feel that way. This thread is for everyone. Everyone's more than welcome to share what they feel in a constructive manner.

Wow. Can't believe Sara is 5'6" ish. I like others thought she looked like she was 5'2" or so. Guess she's going to look tiny standing next to Vetra and Drack :D

DevilDog

Yeah, but you're also guaranteed to be able to get it eventually if you just get packs constantly, and the pricing models for the per-item purchases just does not seem to work out. I'd prefer having it take out stuff as you earn it.
I've played 400 hours of ME3 multiplayer, and I still haven't played with the Krogan warlord and others. I don't want this to happen again in MEA. Credits could have given me the chance to get that character just by buying him.

Now, I haven't played him, and probably never will. After 400 hours. Come on.

I've already aired my grievances, much to peoples dismay. It's for the best that I just save my complaints for the spoiler thread after the game releases and I've beaten it, don't want to ruin everyone's excitement.
This forum is the complete polar opposite of the last forum I was a part of.

Don't feel held back from voicing your concerns, I'd feel sick to my stomach if everyone in this thread was super ''hyped" and never voiced any skepticism. There's got to be a balance of both.

diaspora

Not going to lie, I'd enjoy a PVP war mode where one group tries to drop an asteroid on a planet while the opposing team tries to stop them. I've been interested in this form of warfare conceptually since The Expanse.

DevilDog

Not going to lie, I'd enjoy a PVP war mode where one group tries to drop an asteroid on a planet while the opposing team tries to stop them. I've been interested in this form of warfare conceptually since The Expanse.

I don't think PvP in Mass Effect is a good idea.

The amount of stuns and auto-locks this game has would make it horrendous.

diaspora

I don't think PvP in Mass Effect is a good idea.

The amount of stuns and auto-locks this game has would make it horrendous.

Whether it's PVE or PVP is kinda incidental, I'm just attached to the scenario. I know Bring Down the Sky had it but it's something I'd like to see in ME multi.

Doodis

Just curious if anyone knows: if you choose to play as Scott Ryder, does that mean Sarah can be part of your squad? Or is she forever relegated to hanging back on the ship?

Yeul

Just curious if anyone knows: if you choose to play as Scott Ryder, does that mean Sarah can be part of your squad? Or is she forever relegated to hanging back on the ship?

Your twin has their own role in the story so they are out and about doing their own thing.

I wonder if there's any truth in that rumour originating from some supposed "leak" not too long ago that your sibling
gets crippled with a debilitating injury when being taken out of cryo-sleep

We haven't seen any footage of the two together in-game so I'm guessing whatever happens the opposing sibling can't be too important to the overall story. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wonder if there's any truth in that rumour originating from some supposed "leak" not too long ago that your sibling
gets crippled with a debilitating injury when being taken out of cryo-sleep

We haven't seen any footage of the two together in-game so I'm guessing whatever happens the opposing sibling can't be too important to the overall story. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think there was a shot with two of them in that N7 day trailer.
"We are the aliens"
"Oh my God"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom