• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata Steam - Schrödinger's Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelipeMGM

Yeah, just to confirm once again, the trailer from SE press centre has the STEAM date on it

C5MuIXRWEAAV6MR.jpg:large

The press release sent together with the trailer doesnt however

C5Mng6bXAAEWRSP.jpg:large

Something shady as fuck is happening

Dinjoralo

Three days? About time.
The amount of doubt about whether this is the actual date should be viewed as a problem. Square Enix fucked up royally.

Shari

It's a 6 month moneyhat actually. 6 months of not saying anything about the PC version before the release date after announcing it. :)

This. So much this.

Thanks Mr. Taro for putting pressure on S-E, I'm sure the PC market will make it worth the hassle.

Day 0.

Pooya

so the date might be the old date they just forgot and left it in the trailer? that would suck... cmon just release the damn thing, it's very obviously ready...

Somewhat OT but what was the last Platinum joint on PC?

i bought Revengeance at launch, and the max 1080p rez and annoying 24fps bug never got patched, but that was awhile ago now. Wondering if I should expect improvements on Nier

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Lol @ Sony not being happy. Some of you guys really need to get back to reality regarding the game's reach.

I am guessing Sony had little to do with this confusing mess.

Sony likely just sent someone with bags of money to delay it even further.

Time exclusivity and marketing deals are two different things. And the reality is that only the PS4 version was mentioned in the past months and probably should have been until after the release on PS4 if this slip-up didn't happen.

Pejo

Great news. I'll pick it up on PC on sale down the road.

Got the Black Box edition pre-ordered anyways, so I'll play through it on PS4 for now.

Good for PC-only people that have been kinda left in the dark about the release, though.

JordanKZ

If that Denovo rumour is true, then we'll be waiting a while for a PC version. I've caved and then decided to just buy the PS4 version.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
What a marvelous clusterfuck of a marketing campaign this has been.

Its been a Japan-centric marketing campaign. The sum and total of the Western marketing has been Yoko, Saito, and Taura doing a few interviews, why are people acting like even on PS4 the amount of promotional stuff has been equally divided? Hell, even the contents of the SE are less for non-JP customers.

Also, despite all this frothing about release dates on PC, wouldn't it perhaps be wiser to try and find out how bare-bones the port is before getting too hyped and cancelling PS4 pre-orders?

Just saying guys. Personally I'd prefer the PC version to be shit-hot, rather than phoned-in, even if I'm going to be playing on PS4 because at the very least options are always good.

I just hope this kerfuffle doesn't detract from the actual value of the game, because irrespective of platform its still a marvelous and unexpected thing that this game exists at all.

Ascheroth

At this point I'm convinced that Square Enix is doing this just to fuck with GhostTrick.
He made a ban bet with Duckroll about the game not getting delayed. If it is, he'll be baned for just as many days as the length of the delay iirc
Not quite, the bet only starts after > 1 month delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom