• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, half the tracks in ME3 were recycled from the past games. :p

I mean I get that you're sort of joking but factually the entire composed non-DLC Mass Effect 3 soundtrack playlists on Youtube amount to 56 total unique music pieces.

Then you have the entire re-done Extended Cut soundtrack, everything for Leviathan, Omega, and Citadel.

But yes there's bits of pieces of previous games's tracks intermingled in the final game as well as the final credits and Purgatory bar music which are tracks from separate artists.

Sam Hulick and the entire audio team busted their ass off for Mass Effect 3.

Doodis

Still in love with Cora's character design. Beautiful and tough.

Just hope she remembers theres no monogamy in space.

This made me laugh, but I'm actually curious—do we have to stick with one romance relationship as in the previous ME games or will we be able to be sluts and romance more than one character?

Yeul

This made me laugh, but I'm actually curious—do we have to stick with one romance relationship as in the previous ME games or will we be able to be sluts and romance more than one character?

It depends on the character. Some will be okay with/only want flings while others might not be cool with it.

Buckle

Have a feeling Peebee is going to end up being the heartbreaker.

The one you think is falling in love with your Ryder and then she's like "Yeah, we're done. Pretty good banging though."

aravuus

C5N49XLVMAAxqGC.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/834143358188597248

Who is this, a potential party member?

She's got a permanent slot in my party

How terrible is the Mass Effect trilogy on PS3? The games are on sale, and I already have 2 and 3, so I thought I might go for one last hurrah on that platform, but I always heard it was a particularly bad performer.

Patryn

How terrible is the Mass Effect trilogy on PS3? The games are on sale, and I already have 2 and 3, so I thought I might go for one last hurrah on that platform, but I always heard it was a particularly bad performer.

PS3 is the worst performing platform, but it's not like they're unplayable.

It's just suboptimal. Plenty of people played it there and enjoyed it.

How much will they be allowed to tell us? How much were they shown(like, the first mission/hour maybe)?

Just so we can get an idea what to expect.
They got several hours of hands on.

*Everything* is up for discussion - missions they played, including side missions, gameplay, lore, all six squadmates, how the game begins (but not how Ryder becomes the Pathfinder).

They got several hours of hands on.

*Everything* is up for discussion - missions they played, including side missions, gameplay, lore, all six squadmates, how the game begins (but not how Ryder becomes the Pathfinder).

I hope they keep spoilers at a minimum and talk about gameplay and mission/dialogue structure in general.

Tovarisc

Ian S. Frazier said he can't tell us who was used as face model for Cora. I wonder why? Going to reveal it later on or they looked up e.g. Robin Wright for inspiration, but didn't ask her permission to use her likeness?

Edit: I'm going to regret of using Robin as example, aren't I? :D

Killzig

She doesn't look anything like Robin Wright. Nose and jaw look completely different. Probably someone we've never heard of, like the rest of their face models.

aravuus

Assuming this is a serious question.

She's Cora Harper, second in command and one of your squadmates yes.

Her profile page

Team Briefing video in which she narrates

It was a serious question in fact, so thanks! I know I've commented on the character appearances a couple of times here, but other than that, I haven't been following this game almost at all. Partially because I want to go in blind but mainly because I don't want to get excited like I did with DA:I and then get massively disappointed. The blinder I go in, the less expectations I have and the more I'll likely enjoy the game. Maybe it'll even reach ME1 levels for me.

But yeah, like I said, I really like her design. Even the hip mom haircut. Like I'd go as far as saying that I think she's kinda hot lol, which isn't something I'd usually say about a video game character. PERMANENT PARTY MEMBER GET.

Unless she acts like a hip mom too

AyzOn

Neo Member
I dont think they look similar, the jawline is different, the nose is different, lips are different.

Thats interesting I kinda forgot about ordering NPC´s around, but now I want to know as well.

AyzOn

Neo Member
I wonder, did they mention if we could equip squad mates with gear that we get (like in ME1) or is it more going to be like the other games where they had 2 skins and thats it?

It'll be interesting to see the manufactured outrage and panic when the game hits and people find out that certain squadmate relationships aren't available to their specific player-character gender of choice. It's gonna weed out the people that take these things too seriously for their own good and bring tumblr to a halt.

Shipping Wars: The Final Frontier (TM)

Tovarisc

Maybe it's a way to upload the face somewhere?

"Ryder Family Album" menu or website

------

x-post

Q: How does MEA Insanity compare to ME2 Insanity?

Ian: Hard to compare them apples to apples. ME2 added layers of defense (shield, barriers, armor, etc.) to everybody, which made it brutally difficult to take enemies down. While I enjoyed the challenge of ME2 Insanity, I didn't like that Adepts got the shaft due to all those layers of defense.

With MEA, we decided to keep defenses static (i.e. If an enemy doesn't have shields on Normal, then he doesn't have them on Insanity either), but we increase enemy durability enough to require a well-made character (and ideally well-crafted weapons) to take them down quickly, we increase enemy damage enough to melt you very quickly when you're out of cover, we increase enemy reaction times and make them smarter about flanking and taking advantage of when you do something unwise (trying to use a hover attack when surrounded by entrenched foes, for instance), using more flushing attacks to force you out of cover, and so forth. We also scale the player's health and shield gates, so you've got very little slack if you screw up.

In general I find that if I want to get through insanity without a silly amount of deaths, it's best to:
- Optimize my build. Your skills, armor, weapons, and profile should all have strong synergies.
- Build in some flexibility. Whether with Favorites, Consumables, backup weapons, or some mix of the above, be prepared to deal with different sorts of threats than my "main" build is optimized for.
- Use my squad smartly. Choose their skill evolves in a way that complements yours and each other's. In battle, order them into strong positions which guard my flanks, and order them to directly attack a target when a good opportunity presents itself.
- Git gud

Source: http://bsn.boards.net/post/305838

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom