• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Testfire Thread: This is a port...able game now

I'm playing with the switch but the motion controls have me moving the system super awkwardly to be straight. Like at 90 degrees normal angle I'm looking st the sky. Doesn't seem to readjust

I think it's fairly obvious that this game uses dynamic resolution undocked with the beginning of a match looking the worst. Later parts look alright, although likely not native. The menus are all native, which makes it obvious. With how fast paced this game is, it's not a problem imo.

Undocked
C7wldO8VAAA3UP7.jpg:orig

Docked
C7woXjNUwAAQDas.jpg:orig

Undocked menu
C7wmJI0VsAAiDwD.jpg:orig

DKL

I don't know if it's because it's crack hours, but the lobby I'm in is pretty ok. People making it hard for me to approach lol

Shahadan

Yesterday I was having constant errors and disconnections and today nothing at all. Everything works great.

The onyl difference is that I'm playing in handheld mode today. So definitely something wrong with my dock or something is interfering. Boo. I'll have to test some things.

One lost connection in the lobby and two lost connections for the first two matches I got into. :(

EDIT: It wasn't meant to be, this time.

Mikke

Yesterday I was having constant errors and disconnections and today nothing at all. Everything works great.

The onyl difference is that I'm playing in handheld mode today. So definitely something wrong with my dock or something is interfering. Boo. I'll have to test some things.
Exactly the opposite for me. Had no errors yesterday, can't connect today. Wanted to try out handheld mode today, oh well :(

Beartruck

Just flanked an enemy team that was all grouped up and wiped 3 of them with the roller's power fist ult, then steamrolled the remaining guy. Won us the match as it happened near the end. Sooo good.

Jaagen

Are the servers having issues? The Switch says it's connected to the internet, but the neither the game and the eShop seems to work.

I'm in Europe, btw.

Thatanas

Done playing, this game will be bought. Stopping early to make the wait a little easier lol. Game looks pretty in my opinion, only played undocked. No problems whatsoever.

Moondrop

Banned
Joy-cons surprisingly feel like a no-go. The right stick is directly below the YXBA and it feels wrong for Splatoon. Diagonal relationship of pro controller it is then.

Jaagen

Haven't been able to connect to the eshop for two days, Europe as well.

Ahh, then it's not just me. I was hoping to get into the Global Testfire, but since the first game was so good, I was already going to buy this game. But I guess it would have been nice to play something besides Zelda.

Top Bottom