• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 TGS blowout; Yamauchi prepping for GT 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait til someone remakes this intro. :D

watch

Man, GT sure has come a long way.

Salacious Crumb

Shambles said:
This isn't the trollbait thread. It's the other one.
It's not troll bait, multiple developers are on record saying that the ps3 is unfriendly to developers including sony themselves. There's no reaaon to defend something that ultimately hurts you. Sure the first party games are amazing, but wouldn't you prefer third party games to also be great?

thuway

Salacious Crumb said:
Hell yeah, obscure, developer unfriendly hardware rules, I mean who doesn't love shitty versions of multiplat games...
If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't have GT5 in the way its presented.

lupinko

Salacious Crumb said:
It's not troll bait, multiple developers are on record saying that the ps3 is unfriendly to developers including sony themselves. There's no reaaon to defend something that ultimately hurts you. Sure the first party games are amazing, but wouldn't you prefer third party games to also be great?

lTOoR.png

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Salacious Crumb said:

Huh, maybe that was before. Nowadays a good number of multiplat games look good (or on par with the 360) on the PS3.

Not to mention Valve, who refused to develop for the PS3 a few years back due to the crazy architecture, is now developing for the PS3 with Steamworks integration (Portal 2).

Shambles

ULTROS! said:
Huh, maybe that was before. Nowadays a good number of multiplat games look good (or on par with the 360) on the PS3.

Not to mention Valve, who refused to develop for the PS3 a few years back due to the crazy architecture, is now developing for the PS3 with Steamworks integration (Portal 2).

If we all stop feeding him he'll move on to greener pastures.

DonMigs85

ULTROS! said:

It's possible Sony moneyhatted to a degree, but then again the install base is quite close to the 360 now and Gabe seems to like the more open PSN platform.
As for the crazy architecture, they probably expected to be #1 again by a huge margin, thus forcing devs to adapt like they did for PS2.

Salacious Crumb

I'm sorry for responding to a throw away comment, lets get back to lusting after gts awesone fantasy tracks.

Ken is a crazy person and we should all be thankful hes gone

Salacious Crumb said:
Hell yeah, obscure, developer unfriendly hardware rules, I mean who doesn't love shitty versions of multiplat games...

Salacious Crumb said:

I had to check the date on your posts to make sure they weren't from 2007. What do multiplatform and third party games have to do with GT5?

Salacious Crumb

Zombie James said:
I had to check the date on your posts to make sure they weren't from 2007. What do multiplatform and third party games have to do with GT5?
I'm not the one that brought the subject up. This is not the thread to discuss this, and I've already apologized for responding. I'll just finish by saying RDR, the issue is still relevent today, but in no way does that detract from GT5, so lets go back to talking about that.

Afrikan

Salacious Crumb said:
I'm sorry for responding to a throw away comment, lets get back to lusting after gts awesone fantasy tracks.

Ken is a crazy person and we should all be thankful hes gone[/spoiler]

GTFO with that "we" stuff...
speak for yourself you piece of......ah wait I see what you're doing. I do hope you have a stable life.

saladine1

Didn't we see something leak with Pike's Peak being mentioned as one of the tracks returning to the franchise?
I forgot where I saw it.
By the way, that latest vid is very promising sound wise....very promising indeed..

DonMigs85

Salacious Crumb said:
I'm not the one that brought the subject up. This is not the thread to discuss this, and I've already apologized for responding. I'll just finish by saying RDR, the issue is still relevent today, but in no way does that detract from GT5, so lets go back to talking about that.
Also Mafia II, but then they didn't seem to make good use of Cell at all.
Anyway, GT5 doesn't do dynamic resolution adjustment ala Wipeout HD at all does it?

Afrikan

Salacious Crumb said:

how does this..

"I'm feeling nostalgic, let's bring back this crazy motherfucker again."

bring up ANYTHING?

you are the one starting shit.

Salacious Crumb

I've learnt my lesson, I'll keep my opinions of Ken to myself, so moving along....

Speaking of Pikes peak is the Suzuki Escudo pikes peak version a premium model?

I really hate GT threads. I don't know what it is, maybe because it's the strongest PlayStation franchise or maybe because certain people are bothered that it isn't on MS console like most exclusives...But every single thread always devolves into the same shit and silly potshots at PD. It really makes no sense that one of the greatest games in the genre is so nitpicked to death and then there's always more to complain about! "it took this long", "It only has 200 cars", "PD has 5,000,000,000,000 employees", "Sony gave them $60billion dollars", "No pressure". LOl-What? These people are saying anything to downplay what PD has accomplished. Just enjoy the game and get over it?

It's funny seeing the usual suspects squirm with nothing to say but do these potshots. But it's getting old fast and I suggest that for when the game releases we just dedicate a thread for constructive criticism/comparisons and leave it at that.

saladine1

CrushDance said:
I really hate GT threads. I don't know what it is, maybe because it's the strongest PlayStation franchise or maybe because certain people are bothered that it isn't on MS console like most exclusives...But every single thread always devolves into the same shit and silly potshots at PD. It really makes no sense that one of the greatest games in the genre is so nitpicked to death and then there's always more to complain about! "it took this long", "It only has 200 cars", "PD has 5,000,000,000,000 employees", "Sony gave them $60billion dollars", "No pressure". LOl-What? These people are saying anything to downplay what PD has accomplished. Just enjoy the game and get over it?

It's funny seeing the usual suspects squirm with nothing to say but do these potshots. But it's getting old fast and I suggest that for when the game releases we just dedicate a thread for constructive criticism/comparisons and leave it at that.
Not going to happen i'm afraid..

wouwie

I never played any GT game prior to Prologue. I heard that the rally segment of the game wasn't very good in previous games. What was the reason for this? Poor car handling?

Since the rally stage has been demoed a lot, has there been any indication of it being better in GT5? The idea of randomly generated tracks + snow sounds very cool for rally events so i was wondering if we can expect better rally driving in this game?

Goldrusher

The whole first sector got a big overhaul in 2008. It's only logical they updated the track in the game.

There's new asphalt, curbs, run-off areas; new paddock buildings, new grandstands on the straight, the S curves and the Dunlop curve.
And the last big roller coaster in the amusement park next door has been removed.

002.jpg

001.jpg

Sim work has got to be one of the most demanding. Recreating everything from scratch, making it look good while fitting into memory and PD's insane level of not missing one bit...I'd go crazy modeling these tracks D:

Salacious Crumb said:
No. I'll take minor differences in MP games but with stunning first party games everyday of the week instead of the alternative.

Salacious Crumb

Time for a wheel related question.

On the PC I can set the steering lock for my DFGT, is there anyway to do that with the PS3?
Trying to drive a twitchy racing car, like an F1 car, with 900 degrees of steering rotation is a little tricky.

Metalmurphy said:
No. I'll take minor differences in MP games but with stunning first party games everyday of the week instead of the alternative.

Those two shouldn't be mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom