• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Creative Assembly might make another Alien game, maybe

Cranster

Banned
Please be true!

It looks as if developer Creative Assembly may be ramping up production on a possible sequel to 2014's beloved Alien: Isolation, that is if this month's Official PlayStation Magazine's rumor mill section is anything to go by.

Having wrapped up work on Halo Wars 2, the West Suffix-based developer is currently expanding with the acquisition of Crytek Black Sea (now named Creative Assembly Sofia) in light of its work on the Total War Series. In next month's OPM (issue 135), it's also mentioned that development may soon beginning on another title within the Alien universe.

Here's the quote in full:

''Our sources tell us that after work is finished on Halo Wars 2, a new Alien game may start development over at Alien Isolation dev, Creative Assembly.''

Released back at the tail end of 2014, Alien: Isolation was met with critical praise and did commendably well in sales (over 2.1 million units across the U.S. and Europe as of March 2015) – though publisher Sega wasn't completely satisfied with its commercial performance. That said, the idea of a sequel has been bandied about the past year-and-a-half with CA studio director Tim Heaton stating that a sequel was ''not out of the question'' and that ''there was more to be said.''

Sega has also expressed an interest but said that it's entirely dependent on its profitability. Perhaps a fully-fledged sequel in PlayStation VR would satiate Sega's potential bottom line given the fact that Sony is presumably looking for its next flagship VR title once Farpoint ships next month. After all, the original game was practically tailor-made what with its iconic locale, foreboding atmosphere, and tense gameplay.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The first one is one of my favorites. I am waiting for Scorpio to play it at a stable fps. I don't want to continue anymore or lose my saves.

Vinc

Damn, that would be really cool! Though I bet it would be another action-based Alien game rather than Alien Isolation 2. I'd love either formula even if I'd prefer another survival title. They're a really talented dev, and I enjoyed Halo Wars 2 a lot.

Hektor

Alien: Isolation was one of the most faithful and atmospheric movie adaptions (well not really an adaption, but you know) i've ever played, they really nailed it all.

Hope they find a way to keep A:I2 fresh tho, the first game already became kinda boring to the end with it being 16 hours long and all, the only issue i had with the game really.

Consider me in

liquidtmd

Banned
Sega has also expressed an interest but said that it's entirely dependent on its profitability. Perhaps a fully-fledged sequel in PlayStation VR would satiate Sega's potential bottom line given the fact that Sony is presumably looking for its next flagship VR title once Farpoint ships next month.

This makes no sense. I can't see Sony throwing the kind of money needed to justify going all in on PSVR at the expense of a multi platform experience for all like the last one.

PSVR friendly like RE7? Sure

I work in the same town as them (in Horsham, UK) and they have grown a lot recently. They've even opened up a new office in the last 6 or so months. Noticed a lot of new faces.

Not noticed any discussion about A:I specifically in bars or on the train/way into work.

Xando

Working on 3 AAA games (Historical TW, Warhammer 2 and Alien game) and their MOBA aswell as mobile games at the same time? Seems like a bit too much.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Holy fucking shit.

Please fucking happen. Please fucking happen.

This game was absolutely legendary. Fucking best in the genre period.

If there is any justice in the world, God please, please let this be true. And let me live long enough to play it.

Just give me another 20 hour interactive, experimental alien movie, with derelict scenes.

liquidtmd

Banned
Whilst there are indeed threads to play off from the end of the first AI, I'd be interested in them getting Weaver, Biehn and Blomkamp to collaborate and work in whatever they were going to do with that movie pitch.

That movie ain't ever happening and a 'What if Alien3 didn't happen' strikes me more of a video game concept regardless

Have the first half of the game with
Amanda working to fight to contact her mother and her actions somehow changing things timeline wise to feed into an alt timeline concept, with the second half taking place with Sigourney and Biehn doing their thing

MADGAME

I didn't even play the first until last year, and realized what a masterpiece was right under my nose. Thoroughly loved the game and would welcome another!

Oh man. I beat the original when it came out and I still don't feel ready to put myself through that again. So good but such an ordeal.

tumblr_o7ngsus1mG1rpduwho1_500.gif

Yes please!

The first was a good one-off even if it felt way too long for what it did. No need for a sequel, IMO. Now, an Aliens universe RTS or squad-based take would totally be an idea ripe for exploring as it's been decades overdue.

Aki-at

Woah, Alien: Isolation is one of my favourite horror games and I'd absolutely love another one.

Even if it's an action orientated one I'd still trust Creative Assembly.

malfcn

Isolation was a faithful game for sure. There wasn't a bunch of silly "adapted" things for the sake of being new.

I'd be happy with another visit to the setting.

FelipeMGM

Working on 3 AAA games (Historical TW, Warhammer 2 and Alien game) and their MOBA aswell as mobile games at the same time? Seems like a bit too much.

Creative Assembly is huge nowadays, they have multiple studios and over 500 staff overall.

Its not impossible

Top Bottom