• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2017 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, May 9th

If MS hypes Scorpio to high heavens at E3 I can see a few months being sub 100k with lack of games till at least September.

If you take a look at Amazon Monthly for April, XB1 is nowhere to be found, so you can expect May to be even worse and if Scorpio indeed causes a boom at E3 in June, XB1 sales will plummet to an all time low imo.

I just can't analyze why would MS shun their current selling platform for an entire half a year without even a price drop promotion or bundle in their dry ass months. PS4 game releases and Nintendo Switch hype are just making it worse for them.

donny2112

System has been up YOY through March. April and May are typically bottom-feeders. Price drop in June to clear stock before Scorpio launch (and Slim?) in the Fall seems completely doable.

Welfare

System has been up YOY through March. April and May are typically bottom-feeders. Price drop in June to clear stock before Scorpio launch (and Slim?) in the Fall seems completely doable.

XB1? That means Feb+Mar is >465K. This would mean XB1 is also up YoY in March (>242K) as I believe February was calculated to be well below <230K.

allan-bh

Xbox One must be doing ok, it's even up YoY in Q1 as donny said. There's some exaggeration on predict this bad scenario for the next months. Probably will won't happen.

Welfare

Xbox One must be doing ok, it's even up YoY in Q1 as donny said. There's some exaggeration on predict this bad scenario for the next months. Probably will won't happen.
If only we had a more accurate picture on monthly hardware sales. Then we wouldn't be left wondering if Xbox One is even doing fine.

PS4 sales are also doing surprisingly well at this point but we won't know if that is thanks to PS4 Pro sales or not.

Leaks were fun :( They offered longer and more detailed analysis on the market. Glad not all hope is lost though thanks to Mat and Achtung from NPD.

XboxOne a year ago wasn't the same box as now. It was the UHD-free ugly monolith. It's a sign that the brand is doing better now and they did something right.

donny2112

XB1? That means Feb+Mar is >465K. This would mean XB1 is also up YoY in March (>242K) as I believe February was calculated to be well below <230K.

Was referring to this analysis by Liabe Brave. Wasn't referencing the actual numbers, when I said that. Sorry for the confusion!

- Xbox One Q1 is up less than 6% YoY (could be lower, or even down by ~1%)

So with XB1 having a flat to up Q1 over last year and April/May being typically extremely low, Microsoft doesn't need to spur a sales increase to prevent any real lost sales until more like June. They've done E3 price drops before, so it follows that they could very well again this year.

Edit:
~1.5 hours to predict for April!

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Damn, I actually wanted to change my numbers.....

Forgot, got busy at work lately.

WillySJ3

Banned
I thought this thread was going to be more active this month :/

Anyway, I'm here waiting the results and that great Microsoft PR.

MS right now
tenor.gif

Jigorath

Banned
Sony stopped these PR announcements a while ago. Microsoft does them occasionally. Nintendo does them when they're positive.

So *shrugs*

Top Bottom