• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta

Snipes424

No beta code :(. Kind of strange because I platinumed the game, spent many many hours online, and have made a level with over 20,000 hits.

I be sad :(

Teknoman said:
Actually I was surprised. Saw a few people posting about it, so I figured i'd check my email for the hell of it. It was disguised as a normal Playstation Network email, and I almost deleted it.
Disguised? The title of my email was "You're Invited to the LBP2 Beta".

peetfeet

If no one is gonna be going through the list i'd love a code, i'm going to work just now but if anyone is feeling generous and could PM me an unwanted code i'd be eternally grateful.

Teknoman

DIrtyWeasel said:
Disguised? The title of my email was "You're Invited to the LBP2 Beta".

Same here, I was just scanning for addresses since I thought it would be from media molecule or something other than PSN itself.

Teknoman

Ranger X said:
Oh snap, so you're finally in? :)

Yep, hoping to really mess around with the music composition tools after check out others levels, and messing around with sackbots.

Heres hoping levels carry over once again.

BeeDog

Fucking hell, all of you fuckers getting in, and I get blueballed. I got a frickin' code weeks ago that doesn't work. ARGH

BeeDog

donkey show said:
Did you tell SCEE about it? They would've hooked you up.

Yes, I pretty much contacted everyone possible (the beta trial mail, the peeps on the Beta forum, and so on). No help at all.

Ranger X

Teknoman said:
Yep, hoping to really mess around with the music composition tools after check out others levels, and messing around with sackbots.

Heres hoping levels carry over once again.

Cool. Tell me what you think of mine. I am not super happy with it but it's decent. I need to balance the volumes and reverbs again.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ice Age: Extinction is quite purty. At least some of the indoor scenes towards the start, really nice attention to detail. Has a really nice post-apocalyptic vibe.

sQymM.jpg

VIKEb.jpg

TXpkI.jpg

ngX1T.jpg

I still hate MM for not putting a proper full quality image capture in. Really silly given how beautiful some of these levels look. It still looks a lot better on my screen than in these 'improved' screenshots.

I've been away from PS3 for a while. Played sackflower and it controlled surprisingly well. It's a very simple on-rails thing but it's a wonderful precursor of things to come I think. Played another thing called Sack Turismo...not sure how it got a MM pick tbh!

tim1138

AmericanNinja said:
whos all getting picked for the beta PSN+?

No PSN+ here either.

I really hope they get version 1.01 out to the US testers soon, I'm itching to try all those Community levels that won't load.

Teknoman

Im just happy to be in. Btw whats with other stages being visible from Davinci's planet, yet you cant select them? Not the mini-games but the other ones. I've seen people playing them, but I cant move the cursor over.

EDIT: Hope I can make those suction tubes work like Sonic tubes...Maybe string together some bounce pads to fake the effect?

Teknoman said:
Im just happy to be in. Btw whats with other stages being visible from Davinci's planet, yet you cant select them? Not the mini-games but the other ones. I've seen people playing them, but I cant move the cursor over.

EDIT: Hope I can make those suction tubes work like Sonic tubes...Maybe string together some bounce pads to fake the effect?

They better have let you in.

My PS3 is broken so that makes not getting in much easier to swallow.

Ranger X

Teknoman said:

The tubes are just tubes. They don't automatically suck stuff in.
I did not figure out how to make them suck you out.
I'm sure someone that doesn't suck at logic will answer you for the "how to" though. :p

Ranger X said:
The tubes are just tubes. They don't automatically suck stuff in.
I did not figure out how to make them suck you out.
I'm sure someone that doesn't suck at logic will answer you for the "how to" though. :p
Use followers on a sackbot. Of course, it's a little more complicated than that, but that's basically the jist of it. :lol

To my knowledge I don't think you can get that kind of effect on a normal Sackboy.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
donkey show said:
Yeah, v 1.0 is shitty like that. Hopefully they'll drop the new patch this week for you guys.

Anyway, here's a little something I'm working just to get a good feel on the limitations of what I can do with boss battles:

http://youtu.be/sUodiBe2_3s :D

Very nice... I'm really hopeful about top-down stuff.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
holy crap, donkey! Only a small preview, but already so much to love there.

Enemy AI does seem like it'd be fun to construct.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hey LBPers:

I'm definitely getting LBP2 but haven't been keeping track of the news. Can I sell LBP 1 now or is there some need to keep it a la Rock Band song uploading? Thanks.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
AstroLad said:
Hey LBPers:

I'm definitely getting LBP2 but haven't been keeping track of the news. Can I sell LBP 1 now or is there some need to keep it a la Rock Band song uploading? Thanks.

I think if you have won everything you want from it, have got all the stuff from #1 that you want to carry over to #2 then you're safe to let go of your copy.

Top Bottom