• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 5 Trailer + Info (Global Servers)

Dynamic3

PjotrStroganov said:
Yshrc.jpg

So, option to drive X1 with or without cockpit confirmed?
No, its an interior cam.

spats said:
Hopeful: early december.

Realistic: february 2011.
You're just saying this so you can act all happy and surprised that GT5 came sooner than you thought, when it will be released this December.

AndyD

aka andydumi
TrAcEr_x90 said:
how about just doing some research on making the most comfortable 3D glasses ever??? how bout that sony??

Actually I find the Sony ones more comfortable than the Samsung, and my wife thinks the opposite. I think the big issue is head size and nose/eyes spacing and the manufacturers trying to come up with one size fits all solutions.

amar212

boxvx.jpg

German Signature, props to Stefan1904 @ GTPlanet.

Intresting bit - box says "USK 0" (German equivalent of PEGI/ESRB), but there is no GT5 listing on USK web yet.

http://www.usk.de/titelsuche/titels...=Title&cHash=c88f86b2b231b3fbf76fa8f7c3e3b73d

Also, PEGI does not have it listed yet:
http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=gran+turismo+5

We can safely presume that final PAL code still haven't been supplied/checked, so have no hopes about review codes in following week or so.

Will not speculate about release date though.

amar212 said:
Also, PEGI does not have it listed yet:
http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=gran+turismo+5

We can safely presume that final PAL code still haven't been supplied/checked, so have no hopes about review codes in following week or so.

Do PEGI and USK have different requirements when it comes to rating games (like having a final code)? I ask because the ESRB and the Australian ratings board have already rated the game. So it doesn't really make sense that PEGI or USK haven't either unless they have different requirements.

I talk to Firewire a few times a week on PSN chat so I'm hoping for maximum damage with an '11 release. I want to see his head burst into flames.

amar212

SolidSnakex said:
Do PEGI and USK have different requirements when it comes to rating games (like having a final code)? I ask because the ESRB and the Australian ratings board have already rated the game. So it doesn't really make sense that PEGI or USK haven't either unless they have different requirements.

Complex answer.

From what I know at this point - and I'm not 100% positive so take the following with the grain of salt - there will be no Blu-Ray recordable (AKA "debug console") review-code for GT5, review-codes will come as usual retail-Blu Ray. Once the game passes PEGI/USK it will be printed as press-code (retail game with special disc-art, boxing and corresponding materials) and sent to journalists. I have never seen any debug-code for any GT game in my life, all codes I got from GT3 onwards (including Concept, GT4: Prologue, GT4, GT5: Prologue and other various demo codes) were always console-mastered (fully mastered DVD/Blu-Ray, never "-R" discs).

Since GT5 will come to Europe in around 10 languages, PEGI/USK have to validate all the content, in-game txt and complete soundtrack.

We may just presume that some of the delay COULD be because of the problem with European (and not just European to be honest) translations, because 10 translations of game of such scale (Chinese and Japanese are done for the Asian market) is just not easy task.

You remember that GT5 is produced in 12 languages, so we may just imagine the bahamuth task of translation for just "Museum" and "About the Car" parts of the game.

And ESRB certification could be done because English was probably done in parallel with original Japanese, and then all subsidiaries begun translations from English to their languages (French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Swedish, Chezch, Portugese, Greek, Polish and probably few more - take a look all countries that PAL is covering:
http://uk.playstation.com/country-selector/).

And at PEGI site you can see the country flags for 29 countries (Germany is not there, hence the USK board-existance) at Prologue's classification for instance.

So, there lies my analogy.

plainr_

Guy LeDouche said:
almost as bad as somebody that buys a classic car, parks it on a trailer, and never drives it.

It's not like I'll never use it. I will of course have another copy as a "daily driver". :D

But yes, I do hate trailer queens.

Ranger X

SolidSnakex said:

Yes there are differences with PEGI and USK. Slight differences but they are still there.
Basically when you want your game to release in all Europe you need to comply to alot of small requests from the big 3 (PEGI, USK, BBFC). I say "comply" because normally you actually aim for X rating depending the game you're making. Anyhow, they all have their special perks and little differences.

Firewire

Banned
BobTheFork said:
I talk to Firewire a few times a week on PSN chat so I'm hoping for maximum damage with an '11 release. I want to see his head burst into flames.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! ;(

offshore

Another grain of salt moment, but OPM put an ad in their latest issue (Bish did say ad scans were ok didn't he?)
rcq2xy.jpg

As noted at the source, why isn't the original release date printed if it was meant to advertise the original date.

amar212 said:
And at PEGI site you can see the country flags for 29 countries (Germany is not there, hence the USK board-existance) at Prologue's classification for instance.

So, there lies my analogy.

It seems like PEGI is slow to update their site. I just searched for a few upcoming games and they aren't on the site. The Force Unleashed 2 comes out next week in Europe and it isn't rated on the PEGI site. The also don't have Black Ops, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood or Hot Pursuit listed. I think GT5 may have been rated by them already and they just haven't updated their site. Both the official GT site and uk.playstation site list PEGI ratings for the game.

RavenFox

Banned
offshore said:
Another grain of salt moment, but OPM put an ad in their latest issue (Bish did say ad scans were ok didn't he?)
http://i55.tinypic.com/rcq2xy.jpg[/MG]
As noted [url=http://www.made2game.com/2010/10/22/opm-ad-suggest-november-release-for-gt5/[/url]at the source[/url], why isn't the original release date printed if it was meant to advertise the original date.[/QUOTE]
hmmmm

bud

i think there are atleast fourteen cars in each row, which which would mean there are atleast 84 cars.

meh no thousand cars no sale

I'm guessing that the red SLS AMG up front is a car that Sony brought to the commercial. I think that most of the rest are just supposed to be regular people who wanted their car in the commercial.

Holy Shit! How much of the budget went on filming this?

Was trying to avoid this thread until release but I guess its close enough now.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It will be glorious
at an undetermined time when the game decides to come out :lol

Can't wait to see that commercial.

offshore

Given that "We Love Cars" is the Japanese slogan, at the moment, it seems unlikely we'll see the ad(s) on TV screens outside of Japan.

Although that said, given the likely hefty budget, maybe SCEA and SCEE will be asked to run it. I sure hope so. I'm dreading what SCEE will come up with.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
offshore said:
Given that "We Love Cars" is the Japanese slogan, at the moment, it seems unlikely we'll see the ad(s) on TV screens outside of Japan.

Although that said, given the likely hefty budget, maybe SCEA and SCEE will be asked to run it. I sure hope so. I'm dreading what SCEE will come up with.
There's always youtube!

Salacious Crumb

It'd be great if they could get the Top Gear production team to make a commercial for Europe. I know it'll never happen, but a girl can dream.

offshore

Salacious Crumb said:
It'd be great if they could get the Top Gear production team to make a commercial for Europe. I know it'll never happen, but a girl can dream.
I've always thought the TG team should make a trailer.

Top Bottom