• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 5 Trailer + Info (Global Servers)

Firewire

Banned
November 16th or possibly the 23rd is what a friend of mine told me. His dad works in Sony marketing but he has kind of been hit and miss on some things, but usually he's pretty close when it comes to dates.

offshore

Firewire said:
November 16th or possibly the 23rd is what a friend of mine told me. His dad works in Sony marketing but he has kind of been hit and miss on some things, but usually he's pretty close when it comes to dates.
Same day as Hot Pursuit? Nice. 23rd would be good as well just before Black Friday...*pretends to know what the significance of Black Friday is*

Really hope Sony make the announcement soon.

RedSwirl said:
They add bikes, I buy the game. Simple as that.

I was thinking about this the other day. Polyphony is so great at making racing games. I think they should go through every racing Motorsport and make a sole game for it.

A game for only f1
A game for only WRC
Nascar
Bikes

I would love it.

AndyD

aka andydumi
ghostofsparta said:
I was thinking about this the other day. Polyphony is so great at making racing games. I think they should go through every racing Motorsport and make a sole game for it.

A game for only f1
A game for only WRC
Nascar
Bikes

I would love it.

They could just take 2 years and add F1 and bikes to a GT6 as well as expanding what we have now and it would be amazing. The problem is licenses for the various things. But if they go unlicensed, they can be much more inclusive of older stuff and across racing genres.

Ashes

Banned
Firewire said:

It would have been two weeks from the original date right now. And then you added two weeks on top. So we're back to four weeks?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ashes1396 said:
It would have been two weeks from the original date right now. And then you added two weeks on top. So we're back to four weeks?

Two weeks from the second is 16th, and 23rd is three weeks not 4. And in some places the 5th was the date anyway, so the 16th is 11 days...

But still nothing concrete, so its all speculation.

"The environment we have right now allows us to drive motorcycles, but we need to get Gran Turismo 5 done first," Polyphony boss Kazunori Yamauchi told the latest issue of PSM3. "Once that's out of the way, if there's a strong demand for bikes, that's something we'd consider."

I demand it strongly!

plainr_

ghostofsparta said:

A game for only f1
A game for only WRC
Nascar
Bikes

I would love it.

lets just throw in a fork lift game in there while we're at it. :lol

xpwpp4.jpg

UFRA

Firewire said:

I really hope that turns out to be the case.

If so, that would be "acceptable" to me for a delay of my most anticipated game of this year this generation all time.

Delaying it back into December, or the dreaded 2011 would just be horrible....I specifically kept November as hassle free as possible between work and planning family things just for GT5. December and beyond gets busy with the holidays and all...

dwebo

Firewire said:
That'd... be okay with me. I'd actually have time to get through Black Ops and AC:B! Though if Amazon somehow still ships me a copy on the 2nd, I won't be complaining.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Finally found the new GT5 thread. I swear it'd be nice that when the old ones are locked, a link to the new is posted. >=(

-viper-

Banned
ghostofsparta said:

A game for only f1
A game for only WRC
Nascar
Bikes

I would love it.
No. It would take them 15 years to make all four games.

offshore

-viper- said:
No. It would take them 15 years to make all four games.
Well they could certainly do a WRC one right now.

Put in the pertinent cars (likely ones they've already modelled for GT5/6 anyway), and then - here's the clever bit - have their own Course Maker randomly generate tracks for the different terrains, combine those tracks into a season, put them on a disc, and then BOOM...you've got WRC game with very little effort.

Ashes

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
Finally found the new GT5 thread. I swear it'd be nice that when the old ones are locked, a link to the new is posted. >=(

It's been on the front page nearly every day...

I didn't even notice these until GTplanet posted a story about it

XpuNd.png

GT branded Astro A30 headphones. I was actually looking for a pair of PS3 headphones recently. Now I want these. Surely they're planning on selling them on their own and they aren't limited to that grand prize by Schick.

CAR: The tie-up with Red Bull Racing sounds very exciting. Was it your idea to approach Adrian Newey to design a unique race car?

Kazunori Yamauchi: 'This was an idea that I had kept to myself for several years. The concept for achieving the “Fastest Car on Land” was already set prior to this, and the design for the car was being worked on within Polyphony. But my next thought was that if we were to create this, that we would want to work together with an experienced racing car designer. If possible the best in the world, the “Real Deal” so to speak. And thanks to Red Bull, a path connecting us to Adrian was opened for us.

'I can’t forget how nervous I felt when we went to Red Bull Racing in Milton Keynes and presented the model we designed to Adrian for the very first time. I had fully expected to be scolded, that he would tell us that “this is a useless piece of junk”. But Adrian was actually interested in our sketches and our modelling, and liked the design. And he proceeded to give us finely detailed, wonderful advice that only Adrian would know. He also presented us with a great technical concept that is prohibited in the world of F1 within which Adrian normally resides, the X1 Prototype.'

How did you find working with him and are you pleased with the way the X1 turned out?

'Adrian is a person that can understand the simple facts, that something beautiful, is just simply beautiful, without question. He did not seem like a hard-headed engineer type, rather, he was an artist. The communication between Adrian and myself was very smooth and exciting. It was something like an improvisation between two jazz musicians. Through that session with Adrian, I was endowed with this priceless experience, like that of a student being given confidence from a teacher or a mentor.'

Expectation is huge for GT5. Are you confident the new game will satisfy fans of the game?

'I‘m glad that expectations are high, but of course that brings some pressure at the same time. The final objective of Gran Turismo is always to answer to the expectations of the users, and furthermore, to exceed those expectations. It would make me very happy if we’re able to satisfy fans, and at the same time surprise them.'

4GtXT.jpg

Tx90U.jpg

g0jro.jpg

Yshrc.jpg

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/S...ran-Turismo-speaks-on-the-eve-of-GT5s-launch/

Credit to analog from GTplanet.

Top Bottom