• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever been tricked/targeted by a "straight-acting" gay guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Siebzehn50 said:
Hm, well now I'm curious. Didn't seem to be anything that was perma-worthy in this thread unless I overlooked it.
I think it's pretty obvious. The title states, "Tricked/Targeted" making himself out to be a victim of a negative act. The 2nd part of the title is "Straight Acting" gay guys. Making it clear he has some stupid generalization on how Gays are supposed to act and how straights are too.

That's just the title alone, going through a few of hist posts leads to much of the same. His stupid generalizations, playing up the victim card, and so forth. The fact he kept pushing his "problem" and playing dumb anytime someone called him out on it. Just made it clear he had an agenda. It was probably just some joke thread stringing gaffers along or he was that delusional about his own homophobia.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Gaborn said:
I agree with the rest of your post completely, and this point too really, but I think it deserves a bit more discussion. From a lot of straight men I've talked to over the years (and observed on forums like GAF) it seems that a large portion of straight men are a little bit divided based on the gender of the person in how they interpret a claim of bisexuality. If it's a woman "Oh she's just trying to attract a man" and if it's a man "he's gay but just can't admit it to himself." it seems odd, but for some of these straight men bisexuality is just an excuse to fit their narcissistic view of male sexual prowess (not that I'm against male sexual prowess... I heartily endorse it really :lol :lol :lol - just not in a narcissistic way) such that it all revolves around the male side of the sexuality and the female side is an after thought, a throw in.

It just all revolves back to a basic male/masculinity/hunter gatherer view of society.

It's all machismo. A failure to attract the other sex is a failure of masculinity. For a man to go for another man makes him a failure of a man. Bisexual would imply a weakness, which would therefore put him on a sliding scale to being a failure of a man. For a female it's fully expressing her sexuality, which makes it more appealing and it is also non-threatening. Which is key.

I've known bisexual men who are quite open about it, but should someone say they are gay (even to just describe their attraction to men without thinking) they will freak out and go on about how they are still a real man.

It's all very silly, and just about people being hung up how they are perceived or worse labelled. Insecurities.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
straight-acting implies 'gay-acting' exists

that's pretty fucking dumb

otherwise Peggy summed up my thoughts on this entire thread back in post 198. It's more true now than ever.

vas_a_morir said:
I think people who jokingly say or imply that the OP is gay because of what happened to him are part of the problem. You guys are creating an environment that encourages men to react violently to situations like this. "OP liked it." Shut up. He clearly was unsettled by this. Remember: There is an element of physical intimidation to romantically aggressive men that isn't there with women. Even heterosexual women who enthusiastically love men are sometimes afraid of men because they can be physically imposing if need be.

I actually have a very respectful, non-prejudicial (makes no sweeping judgments about any group), and honest opinion I had typed out to share, but I am afraid to voice it because of the "ban-first, never ask questions later" mentality here. I seriously feel that explaining how even the most liberal, open-minded straight man could be made to feel uncomfortable by a seemingly heterosexual male friend making an unexpected intimate gesture for the sake of initiating a romantic encounter would somehow be interpreted as homophobic.
There's way more to this than just what you summarized. Read more of his posts. And he was banned for more than just this thread.

Amir0x

Banned
Alright got permission to share it

Basically um he PMed me completely serious that he was seriously disturbed that krypt0nian had threatened to rape him.

In this post, he claimed krypt0nian was threatening to rape him. Seriously guys. I am not making that up.

Then he threatened legal action and I was like "nobody is threatening you with rape you ridiculous fuck"

the end

Amir0x said:

Basically um he PMed me completely serious that he was seriously disturbed that krypt0nian had threatened to rape him.

In this post, he claimed krypt0nian was threatening to rape him. Seriously guys. I am not making that up.

Then he threatened legal action and I was like "nobody is threatening you with rape you ridiculous fuck"

the end
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Gaborn

Amir0x said:

the end

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Gaborn said:
Can we use Krypt's 8 inch cock?

Can I use it?

Lolz. Okay, I should have known he was nut when he said it had happened to him a dozen times before. I haven't been hit on 12 times in my life, much less by 12 gay men who befriended me pretending to be straight men. How often does that happen?

"Would you like sauce with your McNuggets?"
"...You ffffffieeennndd!!!"

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well I thought the underlying things in what he was saying would spill out in some way, but that is a VERY impressive bit of irrational thinking at best.

And quite hateful/messed-up at worst.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Amir0x said:

the end

Hahaha, what the hell? I saw that post and I didn't even interpret it as a threat/joke/whatever. Hope things work out for you OP. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you are far too sensitive for me to take you seriously.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the guy is obviously a pretty topical troll.

owlbeak

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Wtf happened in here. I go take a nap and wake up and OP is banned because he thinks people from the internet are going to rape him??? :lol Guess I'm going to have to go read the last 8 pages or so.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
esquire said:
Hahaha, what the hell? I saw that post and I didn't even interpret it as a threat/joke/whatever. Hope things work out for you OP. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you are far too sensitive for me to take you seriously.

It fills in the few of the gaps now, assuming the OP isn't some master-troll (which unfortunately the way he was talking didn't suggest).

No wonder he wanted gays to wear a little gay badge for him, because they have super-powers! Including the ability to rape people VIA THE INTERNET!

vas_a_morir said:
Lolz. Okay, I should have known he was nut when he said it had happened to him a dozen times before. I haven't been hit on 12 times in my life, much less by 12 gay men who befriended me pretending to be straight men. How often does that happen?

"Would you like sauce with your McNuggets?"
"...You ffffffieeennndd!!!"
By introducing yourself with a blow job, most likely.

USD

Amir0x said:

the end
See guys? All the "fiction" I write is based on true stories. The gays are seriously after your cock.

Amir0x

Banned
he was so concerned about the rape!

He was, quote, "really disturbed and upset by it"

krypt0nian, how could you?

Majmun

I'm straight and look straight, I think. Gay men have approached me a few times and I loved it. You can always say no, you know? Just be gald you're getting attention.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I feel sorry for the next male greeter at a shop he goes into.

This would make a good take on Falling Down.

owlbeak

I get hit on quite often by gay guys, but yeah, who cares? Politely tell them you're not into dudes and it's never been a problem. If you don't want to be assaulted or put in an uncomfortable situation you probably shouldn't take cab rides with random strangers to his house. :lol

Man, I'd love to get hit on by gay guys. I mean, I'd have to decline, but it'd still be a nice gesture. :(

Of course it doesn't help that I only know like 2-3 gay men, and barely interact with them...

panda21

esquire said:
Eh, if you do a quick search you can probably figure it out. He edited one of his past posts in a dating thread after making this topic [today]... :\

I don't need to know what it was but he didn't technically do anything wrong in this thread.

what is?

i searched and he does mention he thinks he has asparagers or something..

watatatow

DECK'ARD said:
No wonder he wanted gays to wear a little gay badge for him, because they have super-powers! Including the ability to rape people VIA THE INTERNET!
Dude, cyber rape is no laughing matter. It almost happened to my Night Elf hunter once. :|

watatatow said:
Dude, cyber rape is no laughing matter. It almost happened to my Night Elf hunter once. :|

qnjdy.png

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
panda21 said:
what is?

i searched and he does mention he thinks he has asparagers or something..

I was referring to the one that was mysteriously edited in the "age difference in dating" thread. I can't link to it now but I think it was one of the first search results. It wasn't what I thought though (I can't emphasize this enough, good lord) so it doesn't matter.

shintoki said:
I think it's pretty obvious. The title states, "Tricked/Targeted" making himself out to be a victim of a negative act. The 2nd part of the title is "Straight Acting" gay guys. Making it clear he has some stupid generalization on how Gays are supposed to act and how straights are too.

That's just the title alone, going through a few of hist posts leads to much of the same. His stupid generalizations, playing up the victim card, and so forth. The fact he kept pushing his "problem" and playing dumb anytime someone called him out on it. Just made it clear he had an agenda. It was probably just some joke thread stringing gaffers along or he was that delusional about his own homophobia.

Did you read the last few pages of the thread? I'm in a lot of it complaining about the very things you just typed out.

Amir0x said:

the end
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Better than I could have hoped it was.

I can admit I'd be intimidated by krypt's 8 inches. but not downright scared like this guy!

Jerk

Banned
Second said:
I'm straight and look straight, I think. Gay men have approached me a few times and I loved it. You can always say no, you know? Just be gald you're getting attention.

Seriously.

If only I got half the attention from women :(

PoliceCop

Banned
I certainly think he overreacted and I'm not vouching for his personal character, but I have to question whether the moderation team would allow male posters making jokes about raping a female poster or any poster joking about murdering members who they disagreed with.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
How About No said:
Man, I'd love to get hit on by gay guys. I mean, I'd have to decline, but it'd still be a nice gesture. :(

Of course it doesn't help that I only know like 2-3 gay men, and barely interact with them...

taxi_cab_pic.png

panda21

Jerk 2.0 said:
Seriously.

If only I got half the attention from women :(

yeah this thread just reminded me that i really can't remember the last time i was hit on by a woman. must be at least 4 or 5 years now :(

Jerk

Banned
panda21 said:
yeah this thread just reminded me that i really can't remember the last time i was hit on by a woman. must be at least 4 or 5 years now :(

Yeah.

Truth be told, I do not know why they expect me to do all the work.

Once, just once I would like to be the courtee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom