• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 world premiere at Spike VGAs

YES!!!! I can't wait to see what Insomniac has been up to for the past couple of years.

This probably isn't it but I just wanted a clarification if this is the game that Sony is going to be showing on Dec 12?

Majine

Banned
I hope this isnt "that" reveal. As much as I like Resistance, I prefer a previously unannouned game.

JWong

Banned
Man said:
Fail.

Cologne. And that was a live action teaser.
Oh yes, that's right.

Still, the game was announced. Otherwise every new trailer would be a world premiere. Kind of not special in this case.

Grisby

Show me those screens that we've sen in motion Insomniac and I'll get back on board again.

That, or another badass live action trailer.

JWong said:
Oh yes, that's right.

Still, the game was announced. Otherwise every new trailer would be a world premiere. Kind of not special in this case.
they meant world premiere of actual gameplay.

dralla

Maybe I'm being stupid, but I'm really hoping for something unique, something that's nothing like CoD or Halo, something that goes against all the modern FPS conventions.

Dabanton

dralla said:
Maybe I'm being stupid, but I'm really hoping for something unique, something that's nothing like CoD or Halo, something that goes against all the modern FPS conventions.

I'm expecting massive numbers on the screen whenever i shoot anything.

that seems to be the latest big innovation in FPS games.

GeoramA

The live-action reveal was cool. I'm not expecting the VGA one to be launch trailer worthy, but not some pissy little teaser either.

Also, it feels weird that we didn't get an Insomniac game this year.

GeoramA said:
The live-action reveal was cool. I'm not expecting the VGA one to be launch trailer worthy, but not some pissy little teaser either.

Also, it feels weird that we didn't get an Insomniac game this year.

we're gonna get two next year though! perhaps 3, is that ea partners game 2011?

Dabanton

The backlash against R2 on here was weird it was hyped to high heavens for months on end then suddenly people turned on it. I came to the game late so i don't know what made people turn? I found it enjoyable.

jett said:
I'm not expecting Uncharted 3 anymore.
So true.
Why would Sony premiere Uncharted 3 the day after Resistance 3 and take the risk of R3 having it's hype cannibalized by U3? This would make no sense.

mm04

It's smart for developers to announce there. I'm assuming it's a lot more cost effective than staging a show on their own and you have a nice captive audience tuning in. Will be interested to see what all of the platform holders will be announcing there.

yottaflops

Neo Member
The co-op was the only part of resistance 2 that felt fully fleshed out to me. The single player was horribly weak compared to the single player experienced offered by resistance 1, it just did not math the narrative in resistance 1. The boss battle were also somewhat disappointing, offering no sort of challenge. The single player just failed in terms of story, but it did have some nice set pieces. The competitive multilayer was OK at best. The game wasn't bad but just felt undercooked compared to resistance 1, hopefully Resistance 3 will change that.

i hope it´s gameplay. Devs need to stop wasting time and energy in trailers and videos that are not gameplay or at the very least in-engine.

Crisis

Banned
Shit like the Leviathan fight in Resistance 2 was fucking lame. If they actually polish the single-player this time, I'll be much happier.

pharmboy044 said:
So true.
Why would Sony premiere Uncharted 3 the day after Resistance 3 and take the risk of R3 having it's hype cannibalized by U3? This would make no sense.
With all the other games being announced at the VGAs I seriously doubt "cannibalizing hype" is on their mind. Besides, Resistance and Uncharted have different audiences anyways. Hell, we may even see the world premiere of InFamous 2's multiplayer (if it exists) at this thing too.

MMaRsu said:
You know something we don't?
Nah I just think it's painfully obvious that U3 is going to be there at this point. But then I suppose I could be dead wrong. I doubt Sony would bring KB out just for R3.

Loudninja

Did anyone even open the link?
See the first ever game play in the world premiere of Resistance 3 at the 2010 Video Game Awards SATURDAY DECEMBER 11TH AT 8PM ET / 5PM PT. LIVE ON SPIKE

Also the game will not have the 8 player co-op instead we have have 2 player story co-op both online and off.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
2 minutes... a mix of live-action continuing the live-action Cologne trailer, as well as gameplay.

Hopefully it doesn't come as down to the wire as the Cologne trailer. :)

Top Bottom