• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 (PS3)

SABRE220

This might be controversial but for me

1)Rfom Very nice campaign with good lore and good multiplayer marred a bit by lacking graphics tech
2)Res3 Very good campaign but lacking multiplayer
3) Terrible campaign but very good multiplayer.

I just felt like they never fullfilled the potential that Rfom had to take the next step, but still Im happy we got res3. Honestly this is a good option for a reboot as sony is really lacking in its fps library.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I remember playing the demo of this game and it looked like absolute dried shit encrusted asshole then, and skipped it. Can't imagine what it looks like 10 years on.

I was never a big fan of this series honestly but I've heard so much good things about this game. I would definitely check out a modern port.

Depends on the region, if you're in the US I think it's still up for purchase, but for example, my main PSN account is UK based and you can't buy Resistance 3 digitally from the UK PS Store (or maybe it was Resistance 2?). As such, I had to ask a friend to grab me a cheapo 1£ used copy from CEX a short few months before the pandemic. Also, you can only buy digital games from the PS3 console itself which is a pain in the royal butt nowadays (fuck you Sony for making things harder!).
What was the digital share of PS3/Xbox 360 game sales of 2011?

It wasn't mandatory to have games with digital releases

Sushi_Combo

Unpopular opinion. I fucking loved R3's MP. The SP was absolutely amazing too, I just missed the 8 player coop mode that was in R2.

midnightAI

Man, I really wish Insomniac or someone else remade the OG game or Rebooted it. Very good and underrated franchise.
It needs a full reboot, merge the best of all the games and make a new one.

I love the idea of the alternate WW2 with aliens. The time period, the mix of WW2 like weapons upgraded with alien tech etc. The design of everything was kick ass also, image this running on their latest iteration of their engine, raytracing and all.

Last edited:

sainraja

Resistance 2 was so bad I never played Resistance 3
Resistance 2 wasn't really bad and I was shocked that they
killed off the main character
but removing the weapon wheel etc was a mistake but it didn't take too much way from the game and it's story. The guns were still fun to use and the story was great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom