• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

mrklaw

MrArseFace
SolidSnakex said:
It should be available on the US and European websites soon. I just checked and it's available on the Asian websites (Japan, Korea, China ect).

and hong kong, which is in English...

does it have race controls, or just photos etc? And can you see everything or only things you're sharing?

edit: Hmm, just shows basic profile and shared photos. Don't know about cars as I'm not sharing things.

edit2: nothing seems to change with GT5 running. Probably needs a software patch to get the game to 'talk' to the gt.com backend, current stuff is all profile based which is on their servers already

Grayman

Dead Man said:
Yes, very well. Their initial acceleration is a bit slow, but around corners and in top speed they kill them. I Bspecced the GT All stars with the Pug, won every race first time.
thank you very much. That will make buying decisions much easier when I have the credits to do GT all stars.

expy

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
Oh and I also saw my first Formula GT at the lot. 4.8 million. I was about 2 million short. :\

I'm not even going to look in the used lot till I hit 10million credits for the trophy... :lol :lol

Mush said:
Just won my Zonda R. :D

B-Spec Professional Series, GT Cup?
What car did you use? I am wondering if the same 750hp Ferrari 458 that I used in A-Spec for that would be good enough? Or I could get B-Spec to use the Veyron :D

expy said:
I'm not even going to look in the used lot till I hit 10million credits for the trophy... :lol :lol

Why? One of my favorite things to do in the game is check the used lot every couple of races to see what new cars have popped up. It's exciting!

Mush

KennyLinder said:
B-Spec Professional Series, GT Cup?
What car did you use? I am wondering if the same 750hp Ferrari 458 that I used in A-Spec for that would be good enough? Or I could get B-Spec to use the Veyron :D
Well, it might have been that my dude was under-leveled, but I had to revert to my Minolta Toyota after having some troubles with my ZR1 RM. Better to be safe than sorry! :)

Jilt

SolidSnakex said:
Holy shit, it is up!

A2sjC.png

Thanks for spotting this Solid!
I made an article about it on GTHQ.nl

Credits to you, offcourse!

http://gthq.nl/en/home/news/452-gran-turismo-5-profiel-online

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I go to Gran-turismo.com and select my region, but there's no sign in button anywhere, only a register button.

How in the hell am I supposed to sign in?

Fistwell said:
The furai works wonders, as with any other race it qualifies for up to that point (it kinda feels like cheating).

I saw a Furai in the used car lot for 2.5 million. I felt kind of stupid for trading mine for a Gallardo. :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
StarEye said:
I go to Gran-turismo.com and select my region, but there's no sign in button anywhere, only a register button.

its not in all regions yet. Try hong kong as its in english - it'll accept any PSN account

Jilt

StarEye said:

Go to the Japanse GT-com and by pressing the orange sign, you can log on.
It is not yet available in other countries.

Angst

expy said:
That last Nascar stage in the championship is BRUTAL
I won all the Nascar races with a healthy margin without any upgrades - remember to change gearing and suspension to suit the track. High top speed on the ovals and lower top speeds on the technical courses.

expy

Banned
Angst said:
I won all the Nascar races with a healthy margin without any upgrades - remember to change gearing and suspension to suit the track. High top speed on the ovals and lower top speeds on the technical courses.

I keep taking the lead, but they just draft back and spin me out everytime.

weekend_warrior said:
I saw a Furai in the used car lot for 2.5 million. I felt kind of stupid for trading mine for a Gallardo. :lol

Oooh I won a Furai the other night in B-Spec. Came in "Gran Turismo White" :)

Angst

expy said:
I keep taking the lead, but they just draft back and spin me out everytime.
What are your gear ratios? I think I had top speed at 400 km/h. If your on Daytona - keep your foot glued to the floor and never let up or touch the breaks. If your on Indianapolis - do a lift off 100 meters before the first and third corners then 100 % throttle again through the corners. No breaks at all.

Also - remember to turn ASM off! ASM slows your car down significantly in the corners and you don't want that.

TTG

Alright, since we're talking about B-spec grinding to level 30... Let's figure out a way to consistently get B-spec to win the American Championship event at Indi. It's very short and pays almost 100k a win in A-spec. I'm still a few levels away so I don't really have a way to test it right now. I have a possible contender though, the Caddy Cien. Puts out close to 950hp and is agile enough... for A-spec. Anyone try this, or some up with a different solution?

Mush

Angst said:
Also - remember to turn ASM off! ASM slows your car down significantly in the corners and you don't want that.
Yes, I can't stress this enough. When I was doing the Advanced Nascar challenges I couldn't keep up at all, but once I turned off ASM (which you CAN'T DO before the race, you have to do it DURING the race) it was a breeze.

expy

Banned
Angst said:
What are your gear ratios? I think I had top speed at 400 km/h. If your on Daytona - keep your foot glued to the floor and never let up or touch the breaks. If your on Indianapolis - do a lift off 100 meters before the first and third corners then 100 % throttle again through the corners. No breaks at all.

All assists are off, I'm never braking, and they always spin me out, or draft back quickly, I can't pad a lead.

Edit: Just finished it. :lol Just stayed behind the pack and then drafted to 1st at the last turn.

dino1980

TTG said:
Alright, since we're talking about B-spec grinding to level 30... Let's figure out a way to consistently get B-spec to win the American Championship event at Indi. It's very short and pays almost 100k a win in A-spec. I'm still a few levels away so I don't really have a way to test it right now. I have a possible contender though, the Caddy Cien. Puts out close to 950hp and is agile enough... for A-spec. Anyone try this, or some up with a different solution?

You get alot lower cash for that race in B-spec. But the xp is great :)

expy

Banned
Mush said:
Yes, I can't stress this enough. When I was doing the Advanced Nascar challenges I couldn't keep up at all, but once I turned off ASM (which you CAN'T DO before the race, you have to do it DURING the race) it was a breeze.
Can't even turn ASM off on the Extreme NASCAR championship on Daytona.

TTG

expy said:
Can't even turn ASM off on the EXPERT NASCAR championship on Daytona.

All you need is active steering. Other than the karting stuff, it's the easiest special event to get all golds on. I wasn't even shooting for it. As soon as I found out that I needed a nascar, I spent about a half hour getting golds where I settled for silvers before. It's a breeze.

expy

Banned
TTG said:
All you need is active steering. Other than the karting stuff, it's the easiest special event to get all golds on. I wasn't even shooting for it. As soon as I found out that I needed a nascar, I spent about a half hour getting golds where I settled for silvers before. It's a breeze.
It's not a special event... IT's an A-spec championship.

TTG

dino1980 said:
You get alot lower cash for that race in B-spec. But the xp is great :)

Probably more than the other B-spec races, I'm guessing. It's the last non-championship thing available. Did you use the Cien? I'll be buying an ACR anyway, want to know how that thing handles. That should probably be good enough as well, but with B-spec you never really know.

dwebo

TTG said:
B-spec couldn't win in the Cien, for me anyway. Best car available is the a-spec reward for the very last extreme event (
Ford GT LM Race Car II
). For b-spec in that car, that event takes about 17min and pays out 54k cr and 11697xp (I wrote it down to compare with endurance events :lol). By the second endurance event, xp/min will be about even, but the endurance event will win out since you don't need to check back so often and deal with load times. Of course, endurance events also level up 4 drivers vs. just 1. I'd just do endurance events to go from 25 to 30.

You can send GT5 mails via the webinterface! Log in to your GT5 account online and you are able to send messages to your friends.

Can this be the first step in better web-integration of the PSN? Just like the the jump-in's :D ?

Angst

marc^o^ said:
What car do you recommend to beat rally Special Event?
If you're talking about the beginners event I recommend a 4WD car. I started rally in my Golf and had a really bad time with it. Then I bought the Lancia (Premium) and upgraded it. Suddenly rally was really fun and I had no problem getting golds.

You can either use the same Lancia for Intermediate or make sure you get all golds on the Sebastian Loeb challenge which gets you the Citroën rally car then go back to Gran Turismo Rally.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
TTG said:

I wouldn't bother. its only about 45k credits in b-spec, and the xp is only slightly more than the euro championship.

American championship Indy is doable with a nicely tuned ZR1 - camber rear about 3.5, front about 3; max springs on rear, tiny bit less than max on front; front downforce max, rear downforce 5 clicks away from max; transmission boosted so you get around 216-220 at the end of a straight. Needed a bit of management to get to the front, but then he pulled a gap from the rest of the pack. I think you'd at least need to keep him in the middle of cool/hot otherwise the pack would catch up.

European championship pays nearly as much xp and I think similar credits, but is an event the Zonda R can do with its eyes closed. Leave your driver alone and even fully cool he'll have lapped half the field. Just tune out and flick back every 25 minutes to restart the race.

dino1980

TTG said:
Probably more than the other B-spec races, I'm guessing. It's the last non-championship thing available. Did you use the Cien? I'll be buying an ACR anyway, want to know how that thing handles. That should probably be good enough as well, but with B-spec you never really know.

Ive been using the corvette ZR1 race modded. He almost all the the time comes in first place. Gonna try out the Cien and see if its bether.

I checked and you get 54k CR for first place and about 11k exp. It takes him about 16-17 min if im not mistaken.

darkwing

peacemountain said:
You can send GT5 mails via the webinterface! Log in to your GT5 account online and you are able to send messages to your friends.

Can this be the first step in better web-integration of the PSN? Just like the the jump-in's :D ?

i don't see a login link in the gran-turismo US site? it just says Sign-Up in the upper right corner

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Angst said:
If you're talking about the beginners event I recommend a 4WD car. I started rally in my Golf and had a really bad time with it. Then I bought the Lancia (Premium) and upgraded it. Suddenly rally was really fun and I had no problem getting golds.

You can either use the same Lancia for Intermediate or make sure you get all golds on the Sebastian Loeb challenge which gets you the Citroën rally car then go back to Gran Turismo Rally.
Thanks I will try this. I quickly tried with my Gallardo but that was a bad idea :lol

TTG

I have my road map to B-spec grinding then, thanks for your help. The red bull challenge is the only interesting thing I have left to look forward to with the single player, that and buying up all the cars I want. Mclaren and Enzo turned out to be excellent, now I'll go after some of the lower priced supercars. The baby Mclaren, Ford GT and f430 challenge are next.

expy said:
Can't turn it off in driving settings, and can't turn it off using the knob on the DFGT during the race.

I've not got to Extreme yet so don't know, but how come others above are saying to turn it off then? Weird!

spats

The online portal looks great. I love that you can easily share uploaded pictures, although exporting them to the xmb and then just uploading to Picasa wasn't much of a hassle either.

Top Bottom